Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-25-2007, 10:36 PM   #16
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Debunking the Nutrition Industry

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
Thanks a lot hateraid. I honestly appreciate it, because otherwise I don't know anyone with knowledge on this stuff, and might have ended with a magazine and from there buying an unfairly expensive product.

Might add english isn't my 1st nor 2nd language. Therefore my question about the protiens, and just to be sure: when you say "multis" you are talking about multivitamins, right? And on multivitamins, any specific product recommended? Or is it the same case that you described with proteins, where there is no big difference?

Yeah I am referring to a multivitamin. This is a little different because you want to at least check the profile and make sure it's appropriate for an active male. Also the form of vitamin is important for absorption. Look for something chelated. It's when a vitamin is broken down to it's smallest form and bonded with a protein ring. Your body will at least treat it like a food source. Megamen sport at GNC is good.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 01:29 AM   #17
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
NOX-CG3>>>NO-Xplode

REFUTE ME NOW!

I wanted to get back at you and tell you to try Armageddon by Star Chem Labs. Possibly the best pre-workout powder out there right now. Only product that doesn't deplete NO levels the longer you use it. Plus the Hydrotrans complex is insane. Same stuff they use in IV drips at hospitals to increase nutrient uptake. Crazy energy and sustained ATP. Good shyt.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:56 AM   #18
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

one things for sure, some protein powder tastes real good, while some taste like ass :]
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 02:30 AM   #19
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I want muscles. What do you recommend?
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 02:45 AM   #20
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
I want muscles. What do you recommend?

1- Protein
2- Vitamins
3- Weight Training
4- Consistancy
5- Patience

Follow that formula in that order.
I'll find a thread on here that was all about increasing muscle.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:49 AM   #21
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

great insider info.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 03:14 AM   #22
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

I like Optimum Nutrition. I bought some GNC whey protein (flavorless). It was decent. The Optimum Nutrition kind I bought actually seemed a little sweet and it seemed to mix a lot better. And it was cheaper. I really like it because I can add it to my foods (like my cereal in the morning) and it doesn't affect the flavor much.

But yeah, it's probably all the same or very similar. If anything, main thing I look for is what percentage of protein is in each scoop and how much of it is additives (aspartame, splenda, coloring, whatever.)

I mostly stick to whey protein and a daily vitamin. I don't really care for creatine or NO.

Good info!

Last edited by reppy : 11-27-2007 at 03:17 AM.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 03:14 AM   #23
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
1- Protein
2- Vitamins
3- Weight Training
4- Consistancy
5- Patience

Follow that formula in that order.
I'll find a thread on here that was all about increasing muscle.
That was actually a subtle joke but thanks for the info.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:04 AM   #24
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far

Great thread lots of useful info. Am not taking any supplements and am eating more then ever and lifting more then ever but have still lost a stone in the past 3 months. I am gonna be looking at getting some supplements to get some more weight from the nutritionist at our next camp in December. Will ask you if its any good once she recommends something.
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:58 AM   #25
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Yeah I am referring to a multivitamin. This is a little different because you want to at least check the profile and make sure it's appropriate for an active male. Also the form of vitamin is important for absorption. Look for something chelated. It's when a vitamin is broken down to it's smallest form and bonded with a protein ring. Your body will at least treat it like a food source. Megamen sport at GNC is good.
Excellent. I'll follow the advise and when I gain some muscle I'll be sure to remember good fella hateraid

edit: typo

Last edited by artificial : 11-27-2007 at 10:38 AM.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:57 AM   #26
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
That was actually a subtle joke but thanks for the info.

Lol, force of habit. Remember, I get this same question asked to me at least 5 times a day.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:07 PM   #27
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Charlie Sheen has decent reputationCharlie Sheen has decent reputation

Hateraid, I've been advised that sleep goes hand-in-hand with a proper diet. Optimally, how many hours should one be sleeping each night? Does continuity matter here? If a person doesn't fall asleep at the same time each night(+/- 4 hours ), would this have any effect?
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:18 PM   #28
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
Hateraid, I've been advised that sleep goes hand-in-hand with a proper diet. Optimally, how many hours should one be sleeping each night? Does continuity matter here? If a person doesn't fall asleep at the same time each night(+/- 4 hours ), would this have any effect?

I'll be honest, that's a realm I know little of. From what I've heard optimal sleep is about 6 to 8 hours. But the most important time is your REM cycle. That's when your in the most deepest state of sleep. That's when the most cellular repair and regeneration takes place. But for most REM time is about 2 to 3 hours. Getting to bed at the same time helps to increase the REM state of sleep and maximizes your bodies ability to repair and feel more rested.
Oddly, during sleep your muscles are actually catabolizing (breaking down). That's why body builders take protein before bed. Some go as far as setting their alarms to wake up every 3 hours to have protein to prevent catabolizing in their sleep.
But all in all consitant sleep is great for overall health.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:37 AM   #29
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i'm a brokeazz college student who hasn't had a protein shake in years but is bustin azz in the gym three times a week and playin ball on offdadys how can u help by givin me the chpeaest deals on sum whey
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:21 PM   #30
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Seems like some useful information. I dont really have time to work out but maybe next summer. Of course I said that this summer too. Working out can be addicting but once other things start filling up your time, its hard to get back into it.

Just thought I would comment since you wrote a long post and nobody else commented.

i hate it when people write "addicting", what is the reasoning behind this? its not even an abbreviation. the word is addictive.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: