Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 11-25-2007, 04:10 PM   #1
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default GT: Game 13 vs Rockets 11/26

Los Angeles Clippers 6-6 vs Houston Rockets 7-7

Where: Staples Center in Los Angeles, California
When: Monday November 26th; 7:30 PM PST, 10:30 PM EST
Media: FSN Prime Ticket, ESPN AM 710 and NBA League Pass

Projected Starting Units:
vs
Sam Cassell vs Rafer Alston
14.0 Points 7.4 Points
2.8 Rebounds 2.9 Rebounds
4.6 Assists 4.6 Assists

VS
Cuttino Mobley vs Tracy McGrady
14.4 Points 25.8 Points
2.9 Rebounds 5.3 Rebounds
3.6 Assists 5.3 Assists

VS
Quinton Ross vs Shane Battier
5.0 Points 8.8 Points
3.3 Rebounds 5.1 Rebounds
0.8 Assists 1.4 Assists

VS
Tim Thomas vs Chuck Hayes
14.1 Points 3.6 Points
6.0 Rebounds 6.3 Rebounds
2.6 Assists 0.8 Assists

VS
Chris Zane Kaman vs Yao Ming
18.3 Points 22.4 Points
13.9 Rebounds 10.2 Rebounds
1.9 Assists 2.6 Assists

Q's Key's To The Game:

1) Stay out of foul trouble Chris. We have no one on our bench who can guard Yao, and Chris is the only one who can do a legit job, so we need him to stay in the game. For defense, also for offense.
2) Hit your open shots. No matter if they are 3 pointers or inside the arc. We missed way too many open jumpers in our last game, and if we want to have a shot at a victory, we need to hit our jumpers.
3) Attack the post. We are one of the best teams at posting up, and with Hayes being on Thomas/Patterson, they should be able to take the post. If Yao doubles, Kaman should have a field day with putbacks or open lay-ups/jumpers.

Q's Prediction: Clippers lose 98-87
Q's Prediction Record: 7-5

Q's Quote:
It's hard to be optimistic playing one of the most talented teams in the entire league when they are basically at full force and you are just depleted, but I have some hope that the Clippers can keep this game close, let's hope they can close it out well.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:06 AM   #2
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation
Default Re: GT: Game 13 vs Rockets 11/26

I see us winning this game. I think this will be a game decided by both Center positions. To tell you the truth I would much rather see Q on T-Mac than Mobley and I think Mobley can guard Battier.

Last edited by adiedanny : 11-26-2007 at 02:08 AM.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 02:24 AM   #3
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why didn't we play Al Thornton? I don't get it, Patterson|Knight|Mobley even Maggette were struggling from the field, and Dun benches our 2nd best slasher for the whole game? What the hell.

Kaman had a great first half, but he was trying to force it too much in the 2nd half, mainly in the fourth. When the entire team was clanking jumpers, Kaman stopped kicking the ball out and tried to force shots, which led to his horrendous field goal percentage on the night and had too many turnovers. He did a great job on Yao though along with A-Train, holding him to only 11 shot attempts and forcing 6 turnovers, not to mention boxing him out and allowing only 8 rebounds. Kaman got the best of Yao in this matchup hands down.

I'm so glad Maggette is back, he had 21 points in 29 minutes of action on 7-13 shooting and got to the line 8 times after missing some games. Without Maggette, we can't score, and tonight, with a limited Maggette, we still couldn't. This team needs to work on their jumpers. Knight seems like a shorter version of Livingston, clanking jumper after jumper.

Why didn't Aaron Williams get more then 3 minutes in the final 3 quarters? He and Chris made a nice tandem when they were in together in my opinion, and after playing the entire opening quarter, Williams plays 1/4 of those minutes the rest of the way? Dun, what the hell is up with that.

Bottom line, it was a tough loss, and if the Clippers would have been able to knock down some jumpers and get offensive rebounds, the results would have been different as the game was again, for the third time, closer then the score implicated.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 02:32 AM   #4
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

I blame this loss on the coach. Why was Knight in for so long after missing shot after shot, why didn't Thornton play, why did he stop playing Patterson on T-Mac and why not play Williams more against Yao to free up Kaman? This game was ours for the taking but several misssed shots and bad final two quarter match-ups killed us.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 04:07 AM   #5
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Dickau is just horrible, I can't stand watching him play. On offense, he looks very timid and on defense, he just keeps getting torched. In the limited minutes that Franchise played, he was just making Dickau look like a fool. We need to call Earl Boykins because we really need another PG.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: