Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-26-2006, 10:32 PM   #16
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Jeff said he was paying Oldschoofajitas to mod. I sent Jeff a PM saying I would mod for free because I'm on the board a lot. He never answered.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:36 PM   #17
kingsfan
Main is Temp Banned

I like someone at least 21+
Any mod should be voted by the majority, need a 85% vote of approval.
kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:43 PM   #18
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

Just to show you how little the mods actually visit these boards, Oldschool didn't register to the new board until almost a month after it's creation.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:14 PM   #19
LakerRaider
Local High School Star

A thread like this always comes up every few months. You guys are voting for moderators like you have any say in the decision.

It's simple, like what Insidehoops also known as Jeff keeps on posting and getting stickied. Only respond to the intelligent posts. The blame is also placed on the people that reply to the thread. If you ignore the thread, it will go away.

Who cares if oldschooladidas and insidehoops is not here all the time??? They trust that you will post intelligent posts. Do some of you need a babysitter online to check the way you behave??? Come on people, it's common sense, it's really not that hard.

If there's a person who's negative, report the post, and it will be handled. Trust me, it always gets handled when you report a post.

This kind of thing always happens, and the same thread pops up with the same posters writing the same thing. Aren't you guys tired of it??? Don't respond to those threads, simple as that, and the instigator will get tired of posting knowing that his attempts to strike some kind of anger out of anyone have been foiled.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:18 PM   #20
geeWiz15
Banned

It doesn't work that way LR. You can't just not reply to a thread and have it go away. I can't stop everyone from posting in said topic... well, I could. If I was a mod. But otherwise, if I don't bump it to the top, someone will. Everytime.

The board needs mods, period, we can't maintain ourselves without the power to banish and delete.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:20 PM   #21
Kobe24
Banned

I agree with Geewiz. Free active mod,who doesn't want that?
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:24 PM   #22
geeWiz15
Banned

As far as I can tell Kwajo is the only one whose volunteered and I think everyone would agree he's the best choice.

Do I want to be a mod? Yeah, but I won't. Nobody's gonna put their board into the hands of a 16 year old, no matter how brilliant he might be.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:29 PM   #23
LakerRaider
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
It doesn't work that way LR. You can't just not reply to a thread and have it go away. I can't stop everyone from posting in said topic... well, I could. If I was a mod. But otherwise, if I don't bump it to the top, someone will. Everytime.

The board needs mods, period, we can't maintain ourselves without the power to banish and delete.

Ignore the thread man. The people posting in the thread are just as guilty as the person who started that thread.

Ignore it. Let Insidehoops deal with the advertisors and the rest. It's his money, his board, he can do whatever he wants.
People were complaining for months, even years about getting a new board. Now there's a new board, and people are still not happy. First complaining about a "Search" feature, and complaining about everything else.

There's nothing that makes you guys happy. If I was Insidehoops, also known as Jeff, I would say, "Fock this, these guys don't deserve this new board. They always complain and are never appreciative of anything." Back to the old board.

Report a post, it will get dealt with. There's no need to make it a bigger deal about it than it is.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:30 PM   #24
Voratian
Decent playground baller

I don't think I've ever had an interaction with kwajo, that must mean he's on the up and up.
Voratian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:32 PM   #25
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Quote:
People were complaining for months, even years about getting a new board. Now there's a new board, and people are still not happy. First complaining about a "Search" feature, and complaining about everything else.
no ones going to ever going to be happy. It's obvious, nothing makes people happy these days. Personally, I like the new board. It's great.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:44 PM   #26
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

I would be a great mod. All the reasonable people like me. Me and kwaj are on opposie sides of the world, meaning the board will always be protected.

Jeff come on, me and kwaj.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:45 PM   #27
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

I'd be a pretty decent mod.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:49 PM   #28
A Loyal NJ Fan
Serious playground baller

I would make a fine mod.
A Loyal NJ Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:50 PM   #29
geeWiz15
Banned

see, if you made a mod you wouldn't have to delete "the retarded crap that some dumbasses posted." it would be done for you. because we love ISH and want to keep it clean. see? you'd have time to respond to awesome topics like this one.

Guys don't infect this topic by volunteering for mod when you know you're not in the running. That would make us seem power hungry and not to be taken seriously. I legitimately want mods here, I'm not trying to make this some self-promoting topic, I don't care who it is, I just want this board to be maintained.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:53 PM   #30
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

Honestly everyone thinks they would make a great mod. I've been around awhile, and I think I can make some good recommendations.

The List:

kwajo

sakf

adamcz

geeWiz15

Thorpesaurus

Ced

Any of these 6 would be fine.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: