Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-27-2006, 12:54 AM   #31
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
see, if you made a mod you wouldn't have to delete "the retarded crap that some dumbasses posted." it would be done for you. because we love ISH and want to keep it clean. see? you'd have time to respond to awesome topics like this one.

Guys don't infect this topic by volunteering for mod when you know you're not in the running. That would make us seem power hungry and not to be taken seriously. I legitimately want mods here, I'm not trying to make this some self-promoting topic, I don't care who it is, I just want this board to be maintained.

Agreed.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 12:54 AM   #32
insidehoops
Administrator

One thing about mod'ing is that a big chunk of our regulars here are trash-talking kids that genuinely love basketball but also get into constant stupid arguments with each other. I have created topics about the board and like 20 regulars will post in it, and next thing I know 10 of them are throwing personal insults back and forth at each other. It's hard to manage.

Of course, a big chunk of regulars are also normal intelligent fans.

But because of the disparity, we've tended to try to just let most stuff go, aside from the blatantly excessive stuff

I mean, 99% of the messages are normal good basketball messages.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 12:56 AM   #33
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
One thing about mod'ing is that a big chunk of our regulars here are trash-talking kids that genuinely love basketball but also get into constant stupid arguments with each other. I have created topics about the board and like 20 regulars will post in it, and next thing I know 10 of them are throwing personal insults back and forth at each other. It's hard to manage.

Of course, a big chunk of regulars are also normal intelligent fans.

But because of the disparity, we've tended to try to just let most stuff go, aside from the blatantly excessive stuff

I mean, 99% of the messages are normal good basketball messages.

Thats true, but spammers need to be deleted straight away. they take away from the quality of the board. You already know my feelings on moding Jeff.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:56 AM   #34
insidehoops
Administrator

I love the board and I think that it's almost fine, but I do agree that adding a few mods would make it perfect

The spam that happened today is a rare exception
Old 07-27-2006, 12:57 AM   #35
A Loyal NJ Fan
Serious playground baller

Jeff=#1
A Loyal NJ Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 12:57 AM   #36
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Quote:
I love the board and I think that it's almost fine, but I do agree that adding a few mods would make it perfect
then why don't you? you've got quite a few willing participants.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 12:58 AM   #37
insidehoops
Administrator

And hell, I'm not against trash-talking, as long as it's intelligent, educated trash-talking, and not "yo momma sucks and you're ugly" kind of stuff

Of course, in real basketball games people do say some stuff like that, so maybe true basketball discussion should be mostly intelligent but with some nasty stuff thrown in, haha
Old 07-27-2006, 12:58 AM   #38
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
Honestly everyone thinks they would make a great mod. I've been around awhile, and I think I can make some good recommendations.

The List:

kwajo

sakf

adamcz

geeWiz15

Thorpesaurus

Ced

Any of these 6 would be fine.

I agree with that list. Like Ced said none of the reasonable posters have a problem with any of them, and they wouldn't let beefs get in the way of things. Cosigned
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 12:58 AM   #39
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

Quote:

I don't find this too bad, if I was moding, I'd delete the excessive ones, but otherwise it's all pretty good humour really.

That Steven A. Smith character was particularly bad today. I've got so much free time right now, I work small hours because of my knee and can go online at work too. I would be reasonable and fair.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:58 AM   #40
Kobe24
Banned

Kwajo
Ced

Perfect for the Job
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 12:59 AM   #41
LakerRaider
Local High School Star

Quote:

If I were you, I would probably be thinking, "these kids don't deserve a board like this, why should I waste my money and time so they can mess up what I created???" But, you got more patience that that, alot of these people are messing with your money man, I'd be mad if this was actually my board that I paid for. You got patience and hope in most of these posters, I respect that.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 01:01 AM   #42
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

Quote:

I would love to clean up SPAM. So would kwaj.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:01 AM   #43
insidehoops
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
If I were you, I would probably be thinking, "these kids don't deserve a board like this, why should I waste my money and time so they can mess up what I created???" But, you got more patience that that, alot of these people are messing with your money man, I'd be mad if this was actually my board that I paid for. You got patience and hope in most of these posters, I respect that.

99.9% of the people here, whether kids or college-aged or older, do deserve the board. This board is awesome. I love that the board exists. InsideHoops forums will exist forever

It's just that out of the 500-800 people that actually post on a daily basis there are just, maybe, 3-7 people per day that are out of line about some stuff. Pretty good percentage
Old 07-27-2006, 01:03 AM   #44
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider

I think on the whole people generate good discussion and debate. I don't think the people here waste Jeff's money. This board is a great place, but some people try to wreck it. I'm not talking about any of the regulars, more so the randoms that come in and do silly things.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:04 AM   #45
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

Quote:
99.9% of the people here, whether kids or college-aged or older, do deserve the board. This board is awesome. I love that the board exists. InsideHoops forums will exist forever

It's just that out of the 500-800 people that actually post on a daily basis there are just, maybe, 3-7 people per day that are out of line about some stuff. Pretty good percentage

Mr. Trump, I need to hear those two words.......
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: