Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-11-2013, 12:45 AM   #1
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Would a focused Beasley make us a championship team?

This dude has so much talent. I wonder if Kobe and Nash could be a good influence on him to focus on bball and balance his life.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:09 AM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Would a focused Beasley make us a championship team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
This dude has so much talent. I wonder if Kobe and Nash could be a good influence on him to focus on bball and balance his life.

No druggies......SORRY!!!!!! NO, NO, NO

If the millions of dollars they stand to lose isn't a deterrent then what could Kobe, Nash......hell, even Dr. Phil do?
It's not like he didn't get busted before....let the guy hang out with Lamar, far away from the Lakers.

Last edited by DKLaker : 09-11-2013 at 02:12 AM.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker

If the millions of dollars they stand to lose isn't a deterrent then what could Kobe, Nash......hell, even Dr. Phil do?
It's not like he didn't get busted before....let the guy hang out with Lamar, far away from the Lakers.

Its funny because I noticed that he was in fact cut. The lakers deal for Nash included a clause that would forbid the lakers from pursuing beasley. They really wanted him. Now that he's a free agent, I wonder why....

Always question everything.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #4
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

2-3 Marijuana's a week? I'm cool with that as long as he stays focused. I'm pretty sure he'll be straightened-out once Kobe's there to babysit him. (Okay fine, discipline him. )

I believe he'll be a great starting SF, as long he has a defensive-minded backup.

Don't worry if a person is doing Marijuana, worry if a person starts doing cocaine. Then you have a problem. Hell, if Kobe's kind enough -- I hope he'll encourage Beasley to switch to Sativa.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:09 PM   #5
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:

for once we agree on something....
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #6
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

& the heat signed him to a non guaranteed contract...
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #7
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think a focused Beasley would be a good addition to any team. The problem with it is he would need the right people around him. Miami seems like a good place for him to get things straight. That team is really deep now. It looks like the best roster they've put together around Bosh, James, & Wade yet. Of course, health will be the issue with that team.

To answer the original question, adding Beasley to the Lakers would not have made them championship contenders. It would've been a nice addition to the team to have that extra scoring punch though.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #8
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I think a focused Beasley would be a good addition to any team. The problem with it is he would need the right people around him. Miami seems like a good place for him to get things straight. That team is really deep now. It looks like the best roster they've put together around Bosh, James, & Wade yet. Of course, health will be the issue with that team.

To answer the original question, adding Beasley to the Lakers would not have made them championship contenders. It would've been a nice addition to the team to have that extra scoring punch though.

Miami for Beasley = New Orleans for an alcoholic Definitely NOT the right spot for him to get sober. He should've gone to Utah...lol.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #9
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Miami for Beasley = New Orleans for an alcoholic Definitely NOT the right spot for him to get sober. He should've gone to Utah...lol.

I don't think that at all. Beasley got busted for smoking weed a few times. I would guess there's a very large percentage of guys who smoke in the NBA. I don't condone it, but it is something that is definitely more tolerated. I don't think it affects his on the court play. It just affects how people perceive him. He can still light it up (pun kind of intended ). I'd be more worried about his attitude than anything. With solid vets around him I don't think that should be an issue. Miami's lineup looks very very good. It's the best lineup they've put on the court, of course Wade has to stay healthy. Even then, with guys like Oden, Allen, and Beasley on the bench that's a very deep team. They should win over 60 games and I don't see anybody in the East beating them this year. Chicago and Indiana will be fun match ups but a healthy Miami will beat them in a 7 game series.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #10
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I don't think that at all. Beasley got busted for smoking weed a few times. I would guess there's a very large percentage of guys who smoke in the NBA. I don't condone it, but it is something that is definitely more tolerated. I don't think it affects his on the court play. It just affects how people perceive him. He can still light it up (pun kind of intended ). I'd be more worried about his attitude than anything. With solid vets around him I don't think that should be an issue. Miami's lineup looks very very good. It's the best lineup they've put on the court, of course Wade has to stay healthy. Even then, with guys like Oden, Allen, and Beasley on the bench that's a very deep team. They should win over 60 games and I don't see anybody in the East beating them this year. Chicago and Indiana will be fun match ups but a healthy Miami will beat them in a 7 game series.

Light it up... Good one!!!

I think his problem is much bigger than you are making it out to be.
Yeah, I personally know pro athletes who smoke, but not heavily.....Beasley is a "Ricky Williams" all day guy from what I have heard.

You have to fear the bad influence a guy like that can be for guys who are maybe on the fringe of going in the wrong direction but have been able to maintain. Just a few days ago I was told that a couple local athletes are now heavy drug users and how one took the other down the wrong road. I knew both of them but never coached them, one I had spoken to often in the past and was very impressed with.....he is the one who got dragged down. I wondered why they both had bad years......now I know. Both were highly recruited prior and now their lives are in serious jeopardy, and a sports future is very highly unlikely.

I'm not saying that anything bad WILL happen with Beasley, but the risk is not worth it, plus it sends the wrong message to kids for the Champs to pick him up so quickly.....just my opinion.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #11
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
I'm not saying that anything bad WILL happen with Beasley, but the risk is not worth it, plus it sends the wrong message to kids for the Champs to pick him up so quickly.....just my opinion.

I would agree on the risk thing. I think a lot of NBA GM's do too, just based on the fact that there wasn't much interest in a guy who can score the way he can. Miami did sign him to a non-guaranteed contract, and it's basically just a training camp invite. It's pretty much the same thing the Lakers did with Xavier Henry, except Beasley is far more talented. If the guy still has mental problems I'm sure they'll cut him. I think for a team like them it's worth the gamble. The Lakers might not necessarily need the drama, but for a team trying to 3 peat it does make a bit of sense.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:50 PM   #12
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Isaiah Rider.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #13
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Isaiah Rider.

There you go
Old 09-14-2013, 12:31 AM   #14
mr sax
Kids at the park dunk on me

mr sax has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Imagine that! Me and DK agreeing on something. This guy has thrown his talent out the window. A real shame when people take their gifts for granted.
mr sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:53 AM   #15
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen

You are still an idiot... I guess some things dont change... lol

You are either a sock puppet or some dumbass who is not learning from your peers on this site. Either way, its lame.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: