Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-01-2007, 03:19 PM   #16
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Raptors @ Bullets Game Thread (Starts 8:30pm Newfoundland Time)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
Will Bosh play tonight?

No, he is still day-to-day...
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 03:42 PM   #17
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hmmm that's not good. The Wizards minus Arenas aren't nearly as bad as the Cavs minus Lebron. Missing Bosh tonight will definitely hurt.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:08 PM   #18
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach

bjtrdff has decent reputationbjtrdff has decent reputation

Toronto minus Bosh but with Ford and Rasho is a better team than Washington minus Arenas, although they have been much better than you would think.

Bargnani is a different player when Bosh isn't around. I said it in the game thread last night, but to some extent, I really think it's very similar to the Bosh/Carter situation.

Once Bargs finds a way to fully blend with Bosh, and the coach/team/pgs figure out how to run the offense around both, things will be pretty slick.

I was pleasantly surprised by Ford's minutes being limited. I really thought Sam would leave him out there no matter what, and although his passing eye is still there, it was obvious that he was pretty rusty. Having Jose gives us the luxury of waiting until TJ is back to his old self, so why force TJs minutes if we don't have to.

Raptors 106-Wizards 94
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:13 PM   #19
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtrdff
Bargnani is a different player when Bosh isn't around. I said it in the game thread last night, but to some extent, I really think it's very similar to the Bosh/Carter situation.

See, you also have an example with the whole Calderon/Ford thing...Ford goes out, Calderon steps up.....Bargnani knew he had something to prove and had to step up...Having Ford and Bosh out of the lineup has been a good learning experience for the Raps and they have evolved in a way...
Old 12-01-2007, 04:15 PM   #20
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I agree with the Calderon part. It's a good experience for him and who knows, it could push his trade value up very nicely if the Raptors choose not to keep him. But Bargnani I'm not so sure about. Maybe in terms of just getting his confidence up for now but in the long-run he will never be the starting PF on the Raptors (unless Colangelo makes some colossal mistake and trades Bosh). His future is either playing alongside Bosh at C or off the bench.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:34 PM   #21
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I agree with the Calderon part. It's a good experience for him and who knows, it could push his trade value up very nicely if the Raptors choose not to keep him. But Bargnani I'm not so sure about. Maybe in terms of just getting his confidence up for now but in the long-run he will never be the starting PF on the Raptors (unless Colangelo makes some colossal mistake and trades Bosh). His future is either playing alongside Bosh at C or off the bench.
My main internal hope about Bargs is that he'll inherit 100% of Rasho's knowledge of Defense before Rasho's contract is up and he leaves town. If Andrea learns from him, and incorporates his own athleticism, then we'd have a damn fine post defender on our hands, and I'd rather him be that than a taller version of Daniel Gibson (as you so eloquently put).
kwajo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:44 PM   #22
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
My main internal hope about Bargs is that he'll inherit 100% of Rasho's knowledge of Defense before Rasho's contract is up and he leaves town. If Andrea learns from him, and incorporates his own athleticism, then we'd have a damn fine post defender on our hands, and I'd rather him be that than a taller version of Daniel Gibson (as you so eloquently put).
I'm with you there. I don't care one bit how many 3's he makes. I want to see smart D, SOME help defense, decent rebounding and being in position to get some offensive boards as well.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:27 PM   #23
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Moon defending Butler should be interesting. And Bargnani defending Jamison should be... disasterous.

The Raptors have a history of losing in the Wizards/Bullets home arena, but the Raps are usually dynamite on the road so far this year. If an opponent isn't ready, they get shredded (New Jersey, Chicago, Dallas [for the first half ], not Milwaukee). Hopefully the Raptors jump on the Wizards early, and keep Caron and Antawn from mounting a comeback.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 05:30 PM   #24
T-Low
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
Moon defending Butler should be interesting. And Bargnani defending Jamison should be... disasterous.

The Raptors have a history of losing in the Wizards/Bullets home arena, but the Raps are usually dynamite on the road so far this year. If an opponent isn't ready, they get shredded (New Jersey, Chicago, Dallas [for the first half ], not Milwaukee). Hopefully the Raptors jump on the Wizards early, and keep Caron and Antawn from mounting a comeback.

They might put Parker on Butler and Moon on Jamison..might work out for the best...
Old 12-01-2007, 07:03 PM   #25
T-Low
College superstar

Game time...
Old 12-01-2007, 07:05 PM   #26
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

I really want to see when Monroe gets his jersey retired. That should be good.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:08 PM   #27
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Any chance Michael Ruffin is still on the Wizards? That would be helpful.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:10 PM   #28
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Can't seem to find a link for the game anywhere.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:18 PM   #29
rknine15
Buckets Baby

rknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat cool

Butler 3 back to back 3's
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:21 PM   #30
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Can't seem to find a link for the game anywhere.
Try this...mms://144.122.56.15/odtutv
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: