Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-01-2007, 07:28 PM   #31
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Raptors @ Bullets Game Thread (Starts 8:30pm Newfoundland Time)

Bargnani.

Well, at least he tried to go strong to the hoop for once, that's good. Shame he has absolutely no hops. What a rejection that was.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:30 PM   #32
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknine15
Butler 3 back to back 3's
three back to back 3's is actually six 3's.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:33 PM   #33
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Nice block and put back by Moon...and this stupid commercial by Ford HAHA!!!
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:35 PM   #34
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

- God I love Jamario Moon.

- God I hate Sam Mitchell. Same old PG iso resulting in a bad jump shot to end a quarter. Will this ever change? Does the COY have any sort of creativity at all?
Old 12-01-2007, 07:36 PM   #35
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

sam should quit his coaching job, and take up acting. that performance in the ford commercial was stellar!
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:45 PM   #36
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

caron butler misses a wide open dunk.. tj ford gets a breakaway because of it, and he dribbles off his foot. NBA basketball at its finest
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 08:06 PM   #37
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Weak performance by the Raptors there. Would it kill them to close out properly on those 3pt shooters?

Memo to Andrea Bargnani, you don't have to prove my "7 foot Daniel Gibson" comparison right. Once again, if his jump shot is off he is completely useless. Getting beat for a rebound by Roger Mason Jr. was kind of sad.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:39 PM   #38
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Raps have absoloutely zero post game without Bosh.
Reef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:38 PM   #39
WuTangWizard
Local High School Star

WuTangWizard has an OK reputation so far

Butler is such a baller.
WuTangWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:28 PM   #40
Faufner
Serious playground baller

Faufner has an OK reputation so far

Moon had some nice stats, but was repeatedly burned defensively. He's gotta pick that up.

Bargnani has gotta find a way to make himself useful when his shot isn't falling. I mean man...he was absolutely brutal. Drive to the hoop, post up with a strong move and just be brave about it. He's playing scared and I don't know why.

Too many jumpshots. Any kind of slashing would have been okay. I thought TJ should have played a little more. He drove to the basket well on a few plays but couldn't convert the layups. But I liked what he did out there.

Kapono did well tonight. Very sick shooter, but he shouldn't be relied upon for the offense.

AP needs to focus on shooting corner 3s, because it seems like those are the only ones he can hit.

I pulled a Q today. Just my two cents.
Faufner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:41 PM   #41
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Moon needs to take a step back on defense like he used to - he's getting too aggressive - something like Pape Sow...

Bargnani is mentally slow - he doesn't understand that he needs to drive - so many times he took ill-advised shots when it was clear that his shots weren't falling...

I also felt like Tj Ford should've played more - I wouldn't actually mind seeing Calderon and Tj together on the court - having too ballhandlers and guys who can penetrate and dish out couldn't hurt...

AP is starting to get his shot back - the fluidity is coming back - but he's still sorta shaky...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:09 AM   #42
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Tips4 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
Moon needs to take a step back on defense like he used to - he's getting too aggressive - something like Pape Sow...

Bargnani is mentally slow - he doesn't understand that he needs to drive - so many times he took ill-advised shots when it was clear that his shots weren't falling...

I also felt like Tj Ford should've played more - I wouldn't actually mind seeing Calderon and Tj together on the court - having too ballhandlers and guys who can penetrate and dish out couldn't hurt...

AP is starting to get his shot back - the fluidity is coming back - but he's still sorta shaky...

Bargnani is not mentally slow, its called a young and inexpirianced player. You talking about him like he is a vet or something.
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:52 AM   #43
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Bargnani sure isn't "mentally quick" either. Other than 3pt shooting and FT shooting, what does he bring to the Raptors? He doesn't show much basketball IQ/awareness on either end and he sure as hell isn't athletic. Usually players compensate the lack of one with extra of the other (unless you are really really REALLY dumb like Joey Graham). People are treating him as if he's a 19 or 20 year old project when he is a 22 year old player who should be showing far more than he has been.

As of right now, he is one of the worst #1 picks of recent memory. I still think the 3rd year will be the one where we truly see whether he has real potential or is a bust but if his development continues along at the snail's pace it's going, I wouldn't bet on a positive outlook. Right now, he's closer to Radmanovic than he is to Okur or Rik Smits or whatever other tall white player best-case scenario there is for him. I hope he can shove all these words back down my throat eventually. The Raptors future is highly dependent on him. No team can afford to waste top 3 picks.

And this game sucked, sucked real bad. So far the Raptors have won ONE game that is IMO an average or above-average challenge (@ New Jersey). I hope the starting lineup can finally be healthy for that long West Coast at the end of December. If they aren't that is a trip that can quickly sink a season.

Everyone did something wrong today. The Raptors just needed more complete efforts out of some people... except Rasho who really can do no wrong. If Bargnani could ever develop 1/4th of Rasho's on-court IQ, he could be a serviceable C. Kapono also played a great game.

- Delfino's shot cooled off back to his below-average norm. Make the extra pass Carlos.
- Bargnani was awful in every regard.
- Moon put up nice stats but he failed to close out on several key open 3's from Jamison and Butler. Still, him and Parker both did far more good than bad.
- Jose had an ok game offensively but played his usual high school level defense. The "jump clap" is NOT an effective defensive method. He is just too slow in every aspect of defense. Slow on rotations, slow on pick and rolls (doesn't help that he goes under them EVERY time), horribly slow man to man and slow with any help D/double teams.
- Ford on the other hand played good D but couldn't get much going offensively. He seems a bit sluggish on his drives and isn't getting by his defender as easily as he was at the start of the year. I hope this is temporary because this team badly needs a guard that can get into the lane and have part of the defense collapse on them.

Ford, Parker, Moon, Bosh, Rasho... will we ever see this lineup again?

Last edited by Qwyjibo : 12-02-2007 at 02:54 AM.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:02 AM   #44
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

I miss watching the Raptors every night, it's inconvient for me to be able to watch games, and I'm always busy, I've seen very little Raptors ball so far this season and it makes me sad.

Is Jamario Moon the athletic, rebounding beast that I've coveted since the Granger disaster?

Is Sam Mitchell the same incompetent coach I always thought he was, or has he improved?

What's wrong with Bargnani, I saw the first two games of the season, and he looked great, now I read nothing but bad, is it big time struggles, should I be horribly worried?

Feed me knowledge about my current Raptors.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 03:06 AM   #45
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think the Raptors find a gem, when they signed an undrafted Free Agent during the off season named Jamario Moon.

Jamario Moon: Man with a Mission

Quote:
He attended Meridian Community College where he averaged 20.8 points per game and 8.7 rebounds. Moon entered the 2001 NBA Draft but failed to be drafted by any team in the NBA.

After he had impressed in a three-day mini-camp held by the team, then he was offered a two-year deal with the Toronto Raptors

Lists of draftees in the 2001 NBA Draft

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-...&draft=0&sort=

I think Moon would be the modern day version of Ben Wallace, an NBA player that became undrafted in the 1996 NBA Draft, and during his prime he became one of the best defender in the history of the NBA winning an NBA title in 2004, and becoming a 4 time NBA Defensive Player of the Year.

He is one of my favorite Rookie in the NBA, and his life is such an inspiring story because he has been given a chance to play in the NBA. I hope he fulfill his dreams, and become one of the best role player in the history of the league.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 12-02-2007 at 03:13 AM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: