Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2007, 11:57 AM   #46
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,090
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: even I never thought Caron Butler would be this good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
you're right.

all I have to go on is 5 years of mediocre NBA play.

35 minutes, averaged under 20 every year. mediocre play for his whole NBA career for a 27 year old, and all of a sudden he's acting like Paul friggin Pierce and you're acting like you aren't surprised?

No one who watched him in college is surprised. In fact this is what he should have been doing. Cant wait to see your excuse when players in college get drafted and you act all "surprised".

Quote:
the reason you aren't surprised is because you probably haven't watched Caron Butler more than 3 times a season since his college days. but I don't give you a hard time about that and why? because you have no way to watch him. just like I didn't have any way to watch Caron Butler when I was 12 because I didn't have cable and only one TV in the house.

Never met a poor jew in my life. This is a first!

And yes for 5yrs I've only seen Caron Butler play 3 times a season ie 15 times total. GeeWiz I expect that from the 12yr old sitting in front of a cableless television. Not someone who is in college and realizing life outside his room.

GeeWiz Wow! I got a class that has more than 100 people. Holy cow!


Quote:
anyway the difference is only 4ppg (so far) but there's a significant difference in his game. he is truly playing like he is the man. THE man. he went from good but inconsistent starter to Paul Pierce in the blink of an eye. anyone whose been closely following his NBA career for 3 years would be surprised by this. anybody who hasn't watched him more than 3 times per season since his college days wouldn't be.

You're the only one surprised. That in itself should tell you something. I'll be surprised when Darko turns out to be a consistent NBA starter with All Star potential. I'll never be surprised that Caron Butler is playing up to his ABILITIES. You know the skills/talent he has had since Uconn? Wait you dont know. You just read the guys nba.com/caron butler profile, hit "stats" and forum conclusions that way. How can anyone be surprised at the way he is playing unless you were CLUELESS to the guys talent. You were...but blame being a sheltered kid growin up with 1 tv and no cable. You missed out on a lot didnt you GeeWiz? No wonder you are when Kblaze drops videos of players. Its all new to you huh you Geico caveman!?


GeeWiz did you know you can schedule your classes for next semester ONLINE? Its friggin awesome...best invention since quick reply on a msgboard. I'm surprised more kids dont schedule classes for next year online. Doesnt even take long. Awesome!

Last edited by GOBB : 12-02-2007 at 11:59 AM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:35 PM   #47
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™
 
geeWiz15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: limbo
Posts: 5,765
geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: even I never thought Caron Butler would be this good.

Quote:
No one who watched him in college is surprised. In fact this is what he should have been doing. Cant wait to see your excuse when players in college get drafted and you act all "surprised".
are you even reading what I'm writing? you didn't even address what you quoted. you just said the same thing you said before. do you really think nobody notices when you ignore somebody's points because they're good points and you have nothing with which to respond? people notice... stop it.

Quote:
Never met a poor jew in my life. This is a first!

And yes for 5yrs I've only seen Caron Butler play 3 times a season ie 15 times total. GeeWiz I expect that from the 12yr old sitting in front of a cableless television. Not someone who is in college and realizing life outside his room.

GeeWiz Wow! I got a class that has more than 100 people. Holy cow!
you're not being coherent. what is your point here? do you watch Caron on a regular basis or not? I have him play about 180 or 200 times. every other day during the last 2+ regular seasons. watching a guy be comparatively mediocre 200 times, and then watching him turn into Paul Pierce for the last 10 or so, is surprising. the only way you could not be surprised here would be if you didn't get a regular dose of his NBA play and whose strongest memory of him was his college days. in other words, your lack of surprise is due to ignorance of Caron's play the last 5 years. everyone who watched him regularly pretty much assumed he was to peak at around 20ppg as a second option. people had a tough time deciding between him and Loul Deng and most went with Deng. and now you're saying Caron was obviously always going to become Paul Pierce and you never once doubted for a second? you're either full of **** or haven't seen him play more than 20 or so times since college and have been following his career by box scores and people talking about him on ISH.

Quote:
I'll never be surprised that Caron Butler is playing up to his ABILITIES. You know the skills/talent he has had since Uconn? Wait you dont know. You just read the guys nba.com/caron butler profile, hit "stats" and forum conclusions that way. How can anyone be surprised at the way he is playing unless you were CLUELESS to the guys talent.
how could I not know Caron Butler had talent? of course I know that. I also know that this is his sixth year in the NBA and he hasn't bothered to show it until now. If you've followed Caron's career through the 6pt games and the utter offensive dissapearances.... if you've watched him every other day for 2 years and watched him go quarters at a time witout a FGA on numerous occasions... yeah you'd be a little surprised when he finally puts all that talent and ability and turns it into results and actually leads a team to victory.

at an age 5 years older than Lebron is now he was a 19ppg third option on a team that couldn't break out of the first round. that's the Caron Butler I knew. sue me.

here's a little tidbit. when we lost Hughes and traded for Caron, the majority of posters thought the Wizards would be a worse team because of it. ...... and yet everyone knew he would average 23/7 in a couple years! right? I'm the only one surprised, right?

I want a show of hands of all the people who thought Caron Butler would be a top 20 player by the end of this year. let's prove once and for all that everybody saw this coming like the great GOBB.

Last edited by geeWiz15 : 12-02-2007 at 12:37 PM.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:36 PM   #48
Dbrog
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,992
Dbrog has decent reputation
Default Re: even I never thought Caron Butler would be this good.

Butler's stats should not be a surprise to anyone since he has put up almost exactly the same stats almost every season. The only thing is changed is he scores a few more pts. Check his career numbers if you don't believe me.
Dbrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:47 PM   #49
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,090
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: even I never thought Caron Butler would be this good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrog
Butler's stats should not be a surprise to anyone since he has put up almost exactly the same stats almost every season. The only thing is changed is he scores a few more pts. Check his career numbers if you don't believe me.

They are a surprise to kids who didnt have cable and only 1 tv.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:11 PM   #50
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,090
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: even I never thought Caron Butler would be this good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
are you even reading what I'm writing? you didn't even address what you quoted. you just said the same thing you said before. do you really think nobody notices when you ignore somebody's points because they're good points and you have nothing with which to respond? people notice... stop it.

Find me posters who are surprised by Caron Butlers performance.
Find me posters who are surprised Caron Butler is this good.

Ignore points? You ignore the FACT you're alone for the most part. Majority here knew this kid was a talented, skillful player capable of doing what you're so SURPRISED about. How many in this topic cosigned you? Count them. I bet its almost as many tvs as you had when you were 12.


Quote:
you're not being coherent. what is your point here? do you watch Caron on a regular basis or not?


I've watched him more than what you claimed I did. That was your whole point that I didnt watch him much in his NBA career to even make the remarks I have. I gurantee any amount of money we can ask Wizards fans who watched Caron just as much as you would NOT cosign your "surprising revelation".

You dont have much of an eye for evaluting the talent you seen on TV. Thats why you usually make some off the wall, random and scratch my head remarks. This topic from you? Isnt anything new.

But again find me posters who are surprised like you. Look at your title header...its hilarious.

Quote:
how could I not know Caron Butler had talent? of course I know that. I also know that this is his sixth year in the NBA and he hasn't bothered to show it until now.


Wrong...he has shown it. Where have you been? He did it his last two years as a Wizards...and he is benefitting largely since Gilbert Arenas is out. Thats quite evident because the ball is in his hands more, the ball is spread out/passed around more. He is getting more oppurtunities to make plays. Talent has always been there...and he has shown it. The key to why he isnt Paul Pierce (who here said he was????) is consistentcy. Night in night out for an entire 82gm season. This could be the year where he does that. He's in a system where he can utlize his talent/abilities. With L.A he couldnt find where he fit...tried to figure the offense out and how to incoporate his game into it. Wash? Its perfect for his game and now 3yrs in he has the confidence to do his thing. The Gilbert injury was a blessing in disguise.


Quote:
If you've followed Caron's career through the 6pt games and the utter offensive dissapearances.... if you've watched him every other day for 2 years and watched him go quarters at a time witout a FGA on numerous occasions... yeah you'd be a little surprised when he finally puts all that talent and ability and turns it into results and actually leads a team to victory.

No because I'm experienced with talented players who go thru that. Lamar Odumb is the same way...he has games where you question does he even belong in the starting rotation? And then he has a string of games where you see why he was highly touted coming out of college. And you ask yourself could this be the Lamar Odumb from now on? Heck last year this was the question...until he had an injury that set him back. And right now? He's hit or miss.

If Lamar Odumb avg 22ppg 11rpg 6apg at 40%3pt 80%FT i wouldnt sit here and be surprised or ask "I didnt even think he would be this good! " because its nothing for a player of his talent to do. Same shyt with Caron. I expect more than what he is giving right now.

I expect 25-26ppg 6-7rpg 5aspg from the guy. So what he is producing now? Eh, I'd like to see his stats since Gilbert went down. They probably are what the avgs of what I expect.

Quote:
at an age 5 years older than Lebron is now he was a 19ppg third option on a team that couldn't break out of the first round. that's the Caron Butler I knew. sue me.

I just sued you...see you in court.

Watch more college basketball. Seriously. Atleast attempt too. Not just one team...watch a lot and become a fan.

Quote:
here's a little tidbit. when we lost Hughes and traded for Caron, the majority of posters thought the Wizards would be a worse team because of it. ...... and yet everyone knew he would average 23/7 in a couple years! right? I'm the only one surprised, right?

I dont feel like getting into the Cher moments "If i could turn back time...". I dont know what peoples thoughts were back then. Why would anyone think the Wizs would be worst off with getting rid of Cryme Brown and losing Hughes to Clev cuz they overpaid him (i said this, contract year he got overpaid). Cant speak on what people said back then 3yrs ago.


Quote:
I want a show of hands of all the people who thought Caron Butler would be a top 20 player by the end of this year. let's prove once and for all that everybody saw this coming like the great GOBB.

No one run in here cosigning your topic GeeWiz. I mean here is the reply after you posted this...

Quote:
Butler's stats should not be a surprise to anyone since he has put up almost exactly the same stats almost every season. The only thing is changed is he scores a few more pts. Check his career numbers if you don't believe me.



1. GeeWiz
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.


Seems you're alone buddy.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:33 PM   #51
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.
 
wang4three's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,439
wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: even I never thought Caron Butler would be this good.

Caron was sick in college.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:35 PM   #52
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,090
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: even I never thought Caron Butler would be this good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Caron was sick in college.

Are you surprised Caron would be this good tho?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:38 PM   #53
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.
 
wang4three's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,439
wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: even I never thought Caron Butler would be this good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Are you surprised Caron would be this good tho?
Not as a scorer. He's a lot better passer than I thought he would be. I never thought he'd develop a 3 point shot either and stick to the mid-range game like a Jamal Mashburn type player. His efficiency in terms of the time he holds to ball to the time he scores was to be expected.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:52 PM   #54
Day La Ghetto
Decent college freshman
 
Day La Ghetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,577
Day La Ghetto has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: even I never thought Caron Butler would be this good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Are you surprised Caron would be this good tho?

Christmas vacation Just remembering when they first saw that squrriel Clarks like " Where's Eddie, dosen't he eat these damn things"
Day La Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:10 PM   #55
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™
 
geeWiz15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: limbo
Posts: 5,765
geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: even I never thought Caron Butler would be this good.

Quote:
Butler's stats should not be a surprise to anyone since he has put up almost exactly the same stats almost every season. The only thing is changed is he scores a few more pts. Check his career numbers if you don't believe me.
15/5
9/5
15/6
17/6
19/7
23/7

name all the players in the history of the league who have gone from 15ppg their rookie year to 9 their soph. Butler has more wildly inconsistent variance than almost any player in the league. and it's not just stats. he plays different. I am a Wizards fan you know. this is his third year here. you could say I'm familiar with Caron Butler.

Quote:
Find me posters who are surprised by Caron Butlers performance.
Find me posters who are surprised Caron Butler is this good.

Ignore points? You ignore the FACT you're alone for the most part. Majority here knew this kid was a talented, skillful player capable of doing what you're so SURPRISED about. How many in this topic cosigned you? Count them. I bet its almost as many tvs as you had when you were 12.
find me all the people in this thread who agree with you.

*waits*

Quote:
No one run in here cosigning your topic GeeWiz. I mean here is the reply after you posted this...
nobody's cosigning your retarded bull**** either. this topic is dead if you haven't noticed. it wasn't made for people to cosign. it was made as a "hey check out what Caron Butler's doing" post. nothing more. you just like making a problem where there is none just to waste my time. and that jackass's reply was factually incorrect. but don't let that stop you.

Quote:
I dont feel like getting into the Cher moments "If i could turn back time...". I dont know what peoples thoughts were back then. Why would anyone think the Wizs would be worst off with getting rid of Cryme Brown and losing Hughes to Clev cuz they overpaid him (i said this, contract year he got overpaid). Cant speak on what people said back then 3yrs ago.
in other words you're avoiding anything that makes you look wrong. don't you get it? you're ****ing wrong. people said Caron was = Larry Hughes. at best. people aren't saying that now. therefore, Caron is playing ABOVE EXPECATIONS. inargubly. end of discussion. you're fucking wrong. get it through your thick skull.

how about YOU watch more NBA basketball? this debate is between a guy who doesn't watch Caron in the NBA and a guy who didn't watch Caron in college? what the hell makes me any more wrong than you? are you really this much of a scumbag? do you live to pick out small objectionable aspects of valid posts and harp on them until you drive the OP insane? are you drunk on power because you know nobody will set you straight when you're wrong because they don't want to deal with your excessive bull****?

some news for you. you're wrong a lot more than you realize. but people let it go because they're tired of you and tired of the fact that facts just don't matter to you. reality doesn't matter to you. all that really matters to you is writing thesis-length posts punning people's names (wow, geeWiz sounds like gee whiz, WHO COULD HAVE COME UP WITH THAT??!), putting confusedshrug emoticons all over the place and acting like they're saying the most ridiculous thing imaginable when they explain to you exactly why, in fact, 2 + 2 is 4.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:15 PM   #56
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,090
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: even I never thought Caron Butler would be this good.

People who side with GOBB...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Caron is a guy that makes it clear who watches NCAA ball and who does not. Those that only watch NBA say "wow Butler is ballin' his ass off" while those that watch NCAA see how he's playing now and say "that's what he's supposed to do".


SIDE NOTE: I still find it amusing that people continue to ignore Caron and Antawn's play plus the team's record over the years without Gilbert Arenas as they call Arenas the most important Wizard. Without a doubt they are a better group of players with Arenas but the fact they are a better team without Arenas should no longer be in doubt. Caron and Antawn are the cake, Gilbert is the icing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
My favorite non Heat player in the league by far.

Injury riddled that whole second year, but I still knew he'd be a player to be reckon with in this league....

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
The way I saw it at the time, he could've easily been rookie of the year, his second year was a bit off after he came back from an injury and he had trouble finding his place on that team, and then it took awhile to adjust to new surroundings in LA (but he played very well late in the season). When he was traded to DC (with Atkins) for Kwame, I was ecstatic because I always wanted DC to get him in the 2002 draft when he started dropping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Caron is right on PP's level as far as defense. As far as aggressiveness, well, you caught Caron on a bad night. He has those every once in a while, one of the reasons he isn't PP. Not consistently good enough, and not consistently aggressive enough. Pierce is more dependable. When Caron's playing like he often does though (like tonight), he's right there with Paul.

His 3 point % will drop though. 40% tops by the end of the season. He hasn't been missing at all of late. Last 6 games (including this one), he's at 75% from behind the arc, on 18-24 shooting.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:31 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy