Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-01-2007, 11:23 PM   #1
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default First documented MMA death

http://www.thefightnetwork.com/news_detail.php?nid=5555

It was only a matter time.

I kinda feel bad because the guy had a wife and kids. Probably just did MMA for fun.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:45 PM   #2
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: First documented MMA death

It was only a matter of time.
I've always wondered when fighters hug their entourage before entering the ring and a buddy of mine told me it wasn't for luck, it was for the fact that it may be the last time they see each other. I don't know if there's any truth to that but it makes sense.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:52 PM   #3
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

personally, i hate this MMA stuff, i dont understand why anyone woul dget invloved in it or enjoy watching it.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:57 PM   #4
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
personally, i hate this MMA stuff, i dont understand why anyone woul dget invloved in it or enjoy watching it.

There's ended careers and fatalities in alot of sports. Boxing, football, hockey, any phyisical contact sport (mind you fatalities are alot more rare). Considering how long MMA has been around, odds are almost the same.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:00 AM   #5
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
There's ended careers and fatalities in alot of sports. Boxing, football, hockey, any phyisical contact sport (mind you fatalities are alot more rare). Considering how long MMA has been around, odds are almost the same.

to me it just seems like unecessary violence. i cant bring myself to consider it a sport.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:05 AM   #6
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid

When did MMA turn into Celebrity Deathmatch?
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:27 AM   #7
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
to me it just seems like unecessary violence. i cant bring myself to consider it a sport.
Do you consider football or boxing sports?

Boxing is 12 rounds of guys punching each other in the head and giving themselves brain damage.

It's all unnecessary violence, bud.

Many football players walk with cains after their careers are over and have a number of health problems. Two guys in full pads running full speed into each other is about as violent as you can get without using weapons.

Some people need to think.......

You're scared of blood. And you probably sleep with a night light. MMA is sport just like anything else. Just like boxing. Just like wrestling and so on.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:27 AM   #8
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
When did MMA turn into Celebrity Deathmatch?
Not sure what you are trying to say.....
Old 12-02-2007, 12:32 AM   #9
aahhsin
Banned

aahhsin has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11

Boxing is 12 rounds of guys punching each other in the head and giving themselves brain damage.

Many football players walk with cains after their careers are over and have a number of health problems. Two guys in full pads running full speed into each other is about as violent as you can get without using weapons.

You're scared of blood. And you probably sleep with a night light. MMA is sport just like anything else. Just like boxing. Just like wrestling and so on.

anyone who trains in any sort of martial arts will say that its a sport more than a fight. Its ignorant people who think that its just two men duking it out like cockfighting.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:36 AM   #10
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

relax, its nothing like Boxing or Football, or even wrestling. Its ridiculous BS that shouldnt be legal. In most cases the MMA fighters need anger management but instead they choose to join a "sport" that lets you beat the **** out of the other person. One guy said "theres nothing more beautiful then knocking a guy out, seeing his limp carcas hit the mat, and knowing you just won". Thats gross, this is madness. Stupid sport. Bottom line.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:36 AM   #11
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11

i dont mess with boxing either.. football is certainly violent, but there are so many other aspects as well. the same can be said for MMA, but it just seems to me that it is more of a fight than a sport. basically, these reasons are why i only mess with basketball. i watch some football, yes, but other than that i dont support violence.

edit:
no, i dont sleep with a light, i actually prefer sleeping in a very, very dark room. i struggle to fall asleep if there is any light whatsoever. but youre right, i dont like to watch people bleed. why would i? why would nayone get enjoyment out of another man's pain? maybe its you that needs to think.

Last edited by StroShow4 : 12-02-2007 at 12:39 AM.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:37 AM   #12
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
anyone who trains in any sort of martial arts will say that its a sport more than a fight. Its ignorant people who think that its just two men duking it out like cockfighting.

In the end all it is is two guys who wanna hurt each other, and the savage in them comes out in the fight, which is gross. People like that should be in jail.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:39 AM   #13
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
relax, its nothing like Boxing or Football, or even wrestling. Its ridiculous BS that shouldnt be legal. In most cases the MMA fighters need anger management but instead they choose to join a "sport" that lets you beat the **** out of the other person. One guy said "theres nothing more beautiful then knocking a guy out, seeing his limp carcas hit the mat, and knowing you just won". Thats gross, this is madness. Stupid sport. Bottom line.

agreed 100%. thank god someone else sees the light.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:42 AM   #14
aahhsin
Banned

aahhsin has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
agreed 100%. thank god someone else sees the light.

you do know that people who train to fight rarely ever gets into fights in real life.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:44 AM   #15
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
you do know that people who train to fight rarely ever gets into fights in real life.

i dont buy that. i have watched a few boxing matches before and the commentators talked about how one guy was a legendary streetfighter and had been fighting his whole life. alot of people that fight professionaly are violent people. i mean come on, why else would they want to hurt people for a living.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: