Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-01-2007, 11:48 PM   #16
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: First documented MMA death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
relax, its nothing like Boxing or Football, or even wrestling. Its ridiculous BS that shouldnt be legal. In most cases the MMA fighters need anger management but instead they choose to join a "sport" that lets you beat the **** out of the other person. One guy said "theres nothing more beautiful then knocking a guy out, seeing his limp carcas hit the mat, and knowing you just won". Thats gross, this is madness. Stupid sport. Bottom line.
For one, that's YOUR opinion.

Second, you don't the first thing about people who train MMA. You're ASSuming.

This is the most ignorant post I've seen on any message board in a long, long time.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:50 PM   #17
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
In the end all it is is two guys who wanna hurt each other, and the savage in them comes out in the fight, which is gross. People like that should be in jail.
Again..........false.

All of these guys are friends. The goal is to win. Guys feel genuinely bad when someone gets hurt.

Try watching it before you make yourself look any worse than you already are.

It's a shame you're a fellow Adrian Peterson fan.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:53 PM   #18
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
i dont buy that. i have watched a few boxing matches before and the commentators talked about how one guy was a legendary streetfighter and had been fighting his whole life. alot of people that fight professionaly are violent people. i mean come on, why else would they want to hurt people for a living.
You should buy that. Most high level MMA fighters DO NOT have criminal records. This can be verified also before you try to question whether I know or not. There are some that do, but most do not.

A lot of guys work jobs just like anyone else and have gone to or, in some cases, are going to college. There are doctors that are MMA fighters.

You and Skywalker should start a club. The "I don't know what the hell I'm talking about" club.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:01 AM   #19
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
You and Skywalker should start a club. The "I don't know what the hell I'm talking about" club.

you should also start a club.. the "i am close minded and refuse to consider the opinions of others club".
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:07 AM   #20
fatboy11

Quote:
you should also start a club.. the "i am close minded and refuse to consider the opinions of others club".
You're calling me, the one actually knows something about the sport, close minded?

Wow.

The FACT that most top MMA fighters don't get into street fights is not an opinion, dude. You are wrong. Therefore, you do not know what you are talking about........
Old 12-02-2007, 12:22 AM   #21
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
You're calling me, the one actually knows something about the sport, close minded?

Wow.

The FACT that most top MMA fighters don't get into street fights is not an opinion, dude. You are wrong. Therefore, you do not know what you are talking about........

i feel that alot of people that fight professionaly, including boxers, wrestlers, any type of fighter, must have some type of love for violence. that is an opinion. whether or not they have criminal records, i dont care, you probably are right, they probably dont.. not all people who enjoy violence are criminals.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:26 AM   #22
fatboy11

Quote:
i feel that alot of people that fight professionaly, including boxers, wrestlers, any type of fighter, must have some type of love for violence. that is an opinion. whether or not they have criminal records, i dont care, you probably are right, they probably dont.. not all people who enjoy violence are criminals.
Your ignorant roots from this "they must love violence" garbage.

It's clear that you don't even know what mixed martial arts is, what it consists of, or it's origins.

Again, you do not know what you are talking about. I would stop before I make you look really, really stupid.

Just say, "I don't care for it. I don't think it's a sport."

Leave it at that. Don't try to give your "opinion" on things that can be factually proven or disproven.

I don't care if you don't like it. That's perfectly fine. I don't care if you think it's just "unnecessary violence". That's fine. I'll still argue with you about it, but I can live with you saying that. But don't start talking about how these guys are just thugs or psychos who live to hurt people.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:30 AM   #23
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
I don't care if you don't like it. That's perfectly fine. I don't care if you think it's just "unnecessary violence". That's fine. I'll still argue with you about it, but I can live with you saying that. But don't start talking about how these guys are just thugs or psychos who live to hurt people.

wow i never said that at all

i said i believe that alot of them probably enjoy violence or fighting. jesus christ dont put any more words in my mouth please.

Quote:
Just say, "I don't care for it. I don't think it's a sport."

i already said that.

and since i'm ignorant i have to post this:
Old 12-02-2007, 07:21 AM   #24
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

poor guy. what a horrible way to die.

i remember watching an old clip of this guy getting ko'd and his body went into convulsions. that was freaky.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:33 AM   #25
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Do you consider football or boxing sports?

Boxing is 12 rounds of guys punching each other in the head and giving themselves brain damage.

It's all unnecessary violence, bud.

Many football players walk with cains after their careers are over and have a number of health problems. Two guys in full pads running full speed into each other is about as violent as you can get without using weapons.

Some people need to think.......

You're scared of blood. And you probably sleep with a night light. MMA is sport just like anything else. Just like boxing. Just like wrestling and so on.

Totally agree. Exceeeeeept that wrestling isn't a sport. But MMA is definately a sport, it's just a shame how it has taken over boxing here in America though... just a shame.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:43 PM   #26
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

"I'm not touching this one with a 25 ft pole!"

"I'd like to touch it with a 25cm pole!"

Seriously. I'm not getting involved. If you think MMA isn't a sport, you're ignorant. I admit that the UFC brands itself as a WWE type thing and NOT a sport, but these guys are athletes and they train very hard in their respective sport. Keep that in mind.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:35 PM   #27
itsmeman
I airball my layups

itsmeman has an OK reputation so far

I really wish people would research a subject before they go and make all kinds of ignorant statements. You just come off sounding silly. As for as I know, not only is this the first death, but it's also the first serious injury in sanctioned MMA events. I only know of 1 guy who was an underground streetfighter. His name is Kimbo Slice and many MMA fans think he is bad for the sport because of his streetfighting reputation. The only thing giving him any credibility right now is the fact that he is training with an MMA legend named Bas Rutten. If you don't like MMA that's perfectly fine, but if you want to discuss it, shouldn't you at least watch a couple fights to have some idea what you're talking about.
itsmeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:55 PM   #28
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeman
If you don't like MMA that's perfectly fine, but if you want to discuss it, shouldn't you at least watch a couple fights to have some idea what you're talking about.

i've seen the fights, and i still think its stupid. sorry but i dont enjoy watching 2 guys beat the **** out of each other.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:03 PM   #29
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Quote:
i've seen the fights, and i still think its stupid. sorry but i dont enjoy watching 2 guys beat the **** out of each other.

It's all good if you don't like it. But to call it an illegitimate sport just because YOU don't like it is arrogant and silly.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:09 PM   #30
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
It's all good if you don't like it. But to call it an illegitimate sport just because YOU don't like it is arrogant and silly.

i dont consider it a sport because i feel that it is barbaric, not because i dont like it. i dont like baseball or tennis, but i consider them sports. look, if you like it and want to call it a sport, thats fine youre in the majority, but my opinion on this one is probably not going to change and i dont enjoy it or consider it a sport.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: