Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-02-2007, 05:34 PM   #31
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: First documented MMA death

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez

Totally agree. Exceeeeeept that wrestling isn't a sport. But MMA is definately a sport, it's just a shame how it has taken over boxing here in America though... just a shame.
Wrestling is a sport.

Professional wrestling is sports entertainment.

I am talking about the sport of wrestling. You know? The stuff they do in high school, college, and the Olympics......

How is wrestling not a sport, but it's in the fu-king Olympics?

It's one of the oldest sports known to man. Jesus Christ.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 05:36 PM   #32
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
i dont consider it a sport because i feel that it is barbaric, not because i dont like it. i dont like baseball or tennis, but i consider them sports. look, if you like it and want to call it a sport, thats fine youre in the majority, but my opinion on this one is probably not going to change and i dont enjoy it or consider it a sport.
Football is barbaric also.

There is just as much physicality in football. Football players are often injured just as much, if not more than MMA fighters, but MMA is barbaric?

Seriously, man. This sh!t you say is just ignorant. That seems to be how you roll, though.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:37 PM   #33
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Wrestling is a sport.

Professional wrestling is sports entertainment.

I am talking about the sport of wrestling. You know? The stuff they do in high school, college, and the Olympics......

How is wrestling not a sport, but it's in the fu-king Olympics?

It's one of the oldest sports known to man. Jesus Christ.

he was probably talking about the type of wrestling thats on tv, you know, the type thats rigged/fake. damn fatboy you seem angry lately, take it easy man.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 05:38 PM   #34
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Seriously, man. This sh!t you say is just ignorant. That seems to be how you roll, though.

to me, football has more non-violent aspects than MMA which is basically a supervised fight from what i have seen. if you think thats ignorant, than ok that is how i roll.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:40 PM   #35
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
In the end all it is is two guys who wanna hurt each other, and the savage in them comes out in the fight, which is gross. People like that should be in jail.
Then it's the same with Boxing, if that's your take. MMA is just as techincal, and even more so, than boxing. It's also less dangerous, because a match can end with a tap out from submission, instead of a guy getting his head pounded in until he's knocked out.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 05:43 PM   #36
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
Then it's the same with Boxing, if that's your take. MMA is just as techincal, and even more so, than boxing. It's also less dangerous, because a match can end with a tap out from submission, instead of a guy getting his head pounded in until he's knocked out.

UFC is MMA am i not correct? i dont support boxing either, but i was told by a guy who is a UFC fan that before it recently got more organized it used to be pretty damn brutal, more so than now.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:43 PM   #37
fatboy11

Quote:
he was probably talking about the type of wrestling thats on tv, you know, the type thats rigged/fake. damn fatboy you seem angry lately, take it easy man.
I clearly did NOT say "pro wrestling", though.

And yeah, I'm angry. So what?

I'm pissing because I'm going to miss the playoffs in one of my money leagues. And the ignorance level of this thread isn't helping.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:47 PM   #38
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
I clearly did NOT say "pro wrestling", though.

And yeah, I'm angry. So what?

I'm pissing because I'm going to miss the playoffs in one of my money leagues. And the ignorance level of this thread isn't helping.

alot of times when people hear wrestling they automatically think pro wrestling first, i know i do. that must make me and all those other people ignorant.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:48 PM   #39
fatboy11

Quote:
UFC is MMA am i not correct? i dont support boxing either, but i was told by a guy who is a UFC fan that before it recently got more organized it used to be pretty damn brutal, more so than now.
That was like 8 years ago. Almost a decade. If he considers that "recent".......

It was more brutal. Not even the same sport really. Guys didn't really cross train back then.

I've never seen a guy paralyzed in MMA. How many times have we seen it in football?

Right........but MMA is more brutal because there is blood. I'd rather bleed a little and take some punches or get a submission slapped on me than get the holy hell knocked out of me by someone well over 200 pounds running full speed at me with full pads on and paralyzing me for the rest of my life.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:49 PM   #40
fatboy11

Quote:
alot of times when people hear wrestling they automatically think pro wrestling first, i know i do. that must make me and all those other people ignorant.
Basically, yeah.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:51 PM   #41
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Basically, yeah.

damn i knew it... i'm gonna go cry in the corner with my night light.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:52 PM   #42
fatboy11

Quote:
damn i knew it... i'm gonna go cry in the corner with my night light.
Don't forget your c-u-m stained photo of Stormile Swift dunking on Yao Ming.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:55 PM   #43
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Don't forget your c-u-m stained photo of Stormile Swift dunking on Yao Ming.

oh **** thank god you reminded me
Old 12-02-2007, 06:01 PM   #44
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
yes i was, thanks stro
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:14 PM   #45
aahhsin
Banned

aahhsin has an OK reputation so far

just throw this ***** onto a mat and have him practice juijitsu on someone. lets see if he will say its not a sport afterwards.

you do know that when people wrestling and box in real life, they touch gloves, shake each other's hands, congratulate, and support your teammates.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: