Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-02-2007, 12:37 AM   #16
thekavorka
Good High School Starter

thekavorka has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Predict the BCS bowl games

would the fiesta bowl really pick two big 12 teams to play each other? i doubt it.
thekavorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:39 AM   #17
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

God, I HATE the BCS, basically the reason I can't get into college football.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:39 AM   #18
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hippos, IMO the best two teams in the nation right now are USC and Florida. Since Dixon is out these are also the two most exciting teams
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:41 AM   #19
thekavorka
Good High School Starter

i think the two best teams right now are usc and georgia. don't forget that georgia beat Florida on a neutral field.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:42 AM   #20
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Hippos, IMO the best two teams in the nation right now are USC and Florida. Since Dixon is out these are also the two most exciting teams

I don't think Florida is top 2. Their defense is atrocious. They really have to rely on Tebow. If they play any balanced team in the top 5, they lose most likely.

USC on the other hand I do think is title game worthy, but I feel Georgia deserves a shot (Georgia is mad underrated. Playing as good as anyone so I don't get why LSU should automatically jump over them).
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:47 AM   #21
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Marny there is no possible way that Fiesta Bowl officials pick Kansas over ASU.. And if Hawaii ends up winning ASU would get into a BCS game over Illinois...What's sad is that Florida and Missouri can't play in a bowl game.. We have to watch teams like Illinois and ASU instead

Yes, Missouri should get a chance to play, not Illinois and Arizona State. ASU v. Oklahoma would be a great shootout. Would Kansas play LSU then? LSU would stomp on them. Is it possible for Missouri to get picked over Kansas?
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:48 AM   #22
thekavorka
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
I don't think Florida is top 2. Their defense is atrocious. They really have to rely on Tebow. If they play any balanced team in the top 5, they lose most likely.

USC on the other hand I do think is title game worthy, but I feel Georgia deserves a shot (Georgia is mad underrated. Playing as good as anyone so I don't get why LSU should automatically jump over them).

I think Georgia is a top 2 team right now. But in the voters' eyes, they couldn't even win the SEC let alone the SEC East. Do they deserve a title shot over the team that actually won the SEC?

Last edited by thekavorka : 12-02-2007 at 12:52 AM.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:50 AM   #23
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

in march they have march madness to decibe the tournament..this should be called december madness to descibe the lunacy of the system
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:52 AM   #24
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
in march they have march madness to decibe the tournament..this should be called december madness to descibe the lunacy of the system

Quite a fitting title.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:54 AM   #25
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekavorka
I think Georgia is a top 2 team right now. But in the voters' eyes, they couldn't even with the SEC let alone the SEC East. Do they deserve a title shot over the team that actually won the SEC?

If there's any season for me to say yes then it's this one.

Screw the old rules on how to pick teams...I mean it's not like they always stick to them anyways (see Nebraska). OSU is a lock and Georgia should move up to second in the rankings. Considering they're playing like a top 3 or so team right now...who cares?

I can honestly say Georgia > LSU right now so the SEC title means nothing to me. If conference titles do mean something in this crazy season then put USC or OKlahoma in the title game...both teams would beat LSU also imo.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:56 AM   #26
thekavorka
Good High School Starter

yeah, i forgot about the Nebraska selection. it's definitely possible then for Georgia to make it. it all depends on the perceptions of the voters.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:59 AM   #27
RandomBalla55
Local High School Star

RandomBalla55 has decent reputation

Georgia getting in over LSU would be disgusting.

It's pure, simple, fact.

I don't give a phuuck (to steal Gobb's word) if Georgia was ranked ahead. You DO NOT DESERVE TO GO if you can't even win your OWN portion of the conference.

LSU vs OSU has to be the title game. No other exceptions. No other arguments either.
RandomBalla55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:06 AM   #28
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomBalla55
Georgia getting in over LSU would be disgusting.

It's pure, simple, fact.

I don't give a phuuck (to steal Gobb's word) if Georgia was ranked ahead. You DO NOT DESERVE TO GO if you can't even win your OWN portion of the conference.

LSU vs OSU has to be the title game. No other exceptions. No other arguments either.

Here's my argument. LSU isn't fun to watch.

Teams don't deserve to go if they make hippos fall asleep. Oh yea, and Georgia is simply better. Why allow a worse team to get in if they have the same amount of losses? Because they got to play one more game? You do realize Georgia had the same conference record as Tennessee, right?
Old 12-02-2007, 12:22 PM   #29
thekavorka
Good High School Starter

Hawaii won last night? revised predictions:

Rose
USC vs Kansas

Sugar
Georgia vs Arizona State

Fiesta

Oklahoma vs Hawaii

Orange
VA Tech vs West Virginia

National Championship

Ohio State vs LSU
Old 12-02-2007, 03:49 PM   #30
lil_watz
I brick open layups

lil_watz has an OK reputation so far

First off it is not about being fun to watch. So all of you saying teams should or should not get in because they are not fun need to quiet down. Never will the BCS be perfect, and if we went to a playoff people would be complaining about something being wrong with it. Face the fact that the bcs is what it is. OSU is in and LSU or Kansas should be in. Georgia couldnt win their conference so they should be out and Kansas didn't have the strength of schedule to earn that spot. If we want excitment over talent then we should bring in Hawaii, Colt Brennen is exciting, but not National Championship worthy with their schedule.
lil_watz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: