Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 08-08-2006, 06:07 PM   #1
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Will we sign anyone else this year?

Do you guys think that Bernie will make a push to sign or re-sign anyone else this year? We still have Lonnie Baxter, Melvin Ely, Jumaine Jones and Jake Voskuhl left to sign. I would love to see Ely and Jones re-signed because they would definitely make the team much better and if we don't keep them do you think it's possible we could do a sign-and-trade to get some better guard help?
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:12 PM   #2
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

L.B signed with a team in Italy a couple days ago, Jake resigned. Jumaine will sign with a contender, leaving Ely as a possiblity. I hope he resigns with the Cats
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:16 PM   #3
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

I hope that we can sign Ely and Jumaine. Jumaine will probaly go to a contender though. Ely might come back and that will make our team better. I hope that he stays with us.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:17 PM   #4
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapsfan4life
L.B signed with a team in Italy a couple days ago, Jake resigned. Jumaine will sign with a contender, leaving Ely as a possiblity. I hope he resigns with the Cats
Where are you getting this info from. The Bobcats main website didn't have anything on Jake or Lonny resigning. They still have them listed as free agents.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:44 PM   #5
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Where are you getting this info from. The Bobcats main website didn't have anything on Jake or Lonny resigning. They still have them listed as free agents.

Both espn.com and nba.com have info that hasn't made it onto other sports websites (including the Bobcats site) yet. There is also the sports illustrated site. I read about Jake and Lonny on at least two out of those three web sites.
That, indeed, leaves Jumaine and Mel.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:51 PM   #6
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Ok. That really sucks that the Cats own site doesn't show that kind of stuff.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:57 PM   #7
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Ok. That really sucks that the Cats own site doesn't show that kind of stuff.

Agreed.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:23 PM   #8
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Charlotte's done. I expect them to trade Ely for picks and a trade exception.

They're under the minimum salary and Bob Johnson still refuses to open his wallet and spend money. At least Dolan spends money, even though he has Isiah Thomas making all the decisions. Donald Sterling is even spending money.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: