Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-02-2007, 06:55 PM   #1
adamballs
I brick open layups

adamballs has an OK reputation so far
Default What if Allen Iverson chose football instead of basketball???

Quote:
Iverson, who grew up playing against Saints quarterback Aaron Brooks, sat down with Under the Helmet to talk about his glory days in football:

NFL Under the Helmet: What were Friday nights like as a kid in Newport News, Virginia?

AI: Talking the football part of it? Whenever we were down in the stadium, there was a war going on. That was it. For me, that was my life.

NFLUTH: Do you love football?

AI: Football is like my favorite sport. My mom wanted me to play basketball. I came home from school one day and she told me I was going to basketball practice and I cried all the way out the door. I said I didn't want to play basketball. I felt basketball was soft. Now any little injuries I get here and there now, I'm fine. I never wanted to play basketball. I always wanted to be a football player. Then there's certain things that happened in my life with my recruiting and everything. It didn't go that way. Then I had to choose basketball.

Discuss, if youve know anything about his football aspirations.

Here's some footage too :
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hCAkVvNFk-0

Last edited by adamballs : 12-02-2007 at 07:00 PM.
adamballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 06:59 PM   #2
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: What if Allen Iverson chose football instead of basketball???

Then instead of practice, it would be....

Were talking about conditioning man....not the game, not the game, not the game, were talking about conditioning.

if he chose football
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:02 PM   #3
DMizzle
Great young streetballer

DMizzle is considered somewhat coolDMizzle is considered somewhat cool

He would be injured
DMizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:03 PM   #4
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
Then instead of practice, it would be....

Were talking about conditioning man....not the game, not the game, not the game, were talking about conditioning.

if he chose football

He probably wouldn't have amounted to as much as a football player because of his attitudes towards practice.

I'm under the impression that dedication in practice is what makes great football players/teams because there's so much preparation that goes into each football game.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:04 PM   #5
adamballs
I brick open layups

In todays NFL, who would he be comprable to?
Vince Young, maybe???
Old 12-02-2007, 07:05 PM   #6
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamballs
In todays NFL, who would he be comprable to?
Vince Young, maybe???

Vince Young is waaay bigger than AI. I think if he was serious about football he would have changed position to RB or maybe somewhere in the defensive backfield.

Maybe a Warrick Dunn-esque back?
Old 12-02-2007, 07:05 PM   #7
adamballs
I brick open layups

Quote:
He probably wouldn't have amounted to as much as a football player because of his attitudes towards practice.

I'm under the impression that dedication in practice is what makes great football players/teams because there's so much preparation that goes into each football game.

But he says he LOVES football, more than basketball.
If he wer a football player, maybe he would have practiced more???
Old 12-02-2007, 07:06 PM   #8
evinecz
Banned

evinecz has an OK reputation so far

he would of been the GOAT in football
evinecz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:06 PM   #9
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamballs
But he says he LOVES football, more than basketball.
If he wer a football player, maybe he would have practiced more???

Good point, but at the same time football practices can be much more demanding, especially during training camp in August when it's 90 degrees out instead of a cool air conditioned 65 or whatever a gym is set at
Old 12-02-2007, 07:06 PM   #10
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Maybe it's me, but a 5'11" 165 pound QB would we crippled after being sacked by a 6'6" 300 pound defender.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:07 PM   #11
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by evinecz
he would of been the GOAT in football

There aren't many 6'0" 165 lb. greats in the game of professional football.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:08 PM   #12
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
Maybe it's me, but a 5'11" 165 pound QB would we crippled after being sacked by a 6'6" 300 pound defender.

Thats why i think he would have eventually been moved from the QB position. Also he'd have trouble seeing over the linemen.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:08 PM   #13
adamballs
I brick open layups

Quote:
Vince Young is waaay bigger than AI. I think if he was serious about football he would have changed position to RB or maybe somewhere in the defensive backfield.

I didn't mean size wise. I meant the way he quarterbacks a team.

If you could make a football team out of NBA players, who'd be on that team???
Old 12-02-2007, 07:09 PM   #14
PK3434
Good Golly!

PK3434 has an OK reputation so far

I don't think he would have been able to bulk up as much as he would need to.....I have a friend that was a star high school football player and broke all sorts of records...then he went to prep school and broke a bunch of records again, but could never gain enough weight or strength to be as successful in college and thereafter...
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:10 PM   #15
adamballs
I brick open layups

Quote:
Thats why i think he would have eventually been moved from the QB position. Also he'd have trouble seeing over the linemen.

Doug Flutie was 5 foot 7, i think AI couldve survived at the QB position. He might've been a good corner, or maybe safety.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: