Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-03-2007, 04:37 PM   #1
-primetime-

Default U.S. report: Iran stopped nuclear weapons work in 2003

well I guess that the U.S. invading Iran is something we don't have to worry about anymore...or at least until 2015 or so...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/12/...ear/index.html

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Iran halted work toward a nuclear weapon under international scrutiny in 2003 and is unlikely to be able to produce enough enriched uranium for a bomb until 2010 to 2015, a U.S. intelligence report says.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:39 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: U.S. report: Iran stopped nuclear weapons work in 2003

why isn't this in Off the Court?

anyway, vote Ron Paul
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:44 PM   #3
gts
Sons of Antartica

good now maybe oil prices will drop back down...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:53 PM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
good now maybe oil prices will drop back down...

oil prices aren't dropping until a real president busts up the steamy sex the government and oil companies are having at the expense of the people.

a Robin Hood in... Ron Paul...
Old 12-03-2007, 04:59 PM   #5
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
oil prices aren't dropping until a real president busts up the steamy sex the government and oil companies are having at the expense of the people.

There's a shortage of oil right now and that's why the prices are high but it doesnt mean that we are running out. It just means there is a shortage of employees to extract the oil out of the ground.

So...once more US citizens become petroleum/mechanical engineers then we will have more oil and the prices will go down.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 05:01 PM   #6
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
There's a shortage of oil right now and that's why the prices are high but it doesnt mean that we are running out. It just means there is a shortage of employees to extract the oil out of the ground.

So...once more US citizens become petroleum/mechanical engineers then we will have more oil and the prices will go down.

the oil supply will run out within 100 years (for all practical purposes, say 50 years), and it's still plenty of time to allow alternative solutions to be developed... but the issue right now is the Middle East oligopoly OPEC always keeps the supply low (playing the market) and because the US refineries are not working at full speed because the oil companies are also playing the market trying to squeeze more money out of consumers.

and Bush allows this.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:04 PM   #7
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Quote:

Ron Paul would be president for less than 5 minutes if he were elected.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 05:07 PM   #8
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
the oil supply will run out within 100 years (for all practical purposes, say 50 years), and it's still plenty of time to allow alternative solutions to be developed... but the issue right now is the Middle East oligopoly OPEC always keeps the supply low (playing the market) and because the US refineries are not working at full speed because the oil companies are also playing the market trying to squeeze more money out of consumers.

and Bush allows this.

Alternative Fuels should be developed but there really isnt anything out there that is as viable as oil.

The middle east has been known to keep supply low yes but there are disadvantages (other than less money) when keeping supply high.

Oil will not run out in 50 years...not even 100. There are 4 trillion more barrels of oil out there to be found. To put that in perspective, we have only used 1 trillion since the oil industry has been founded.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:12 PM   #9
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Alternative Fuels should be developed but there really isnt anything out there that is as viable as oil.

The middle east has been known to keep supply low yes but there are disadvantages (other than less money) when keeping supply high.

Oil will not run out in 50 years...not even 100. There are 4 trillion more barrels of oil out there to be found. To put that in perspective, we have only used 1 trillion since the oil industry has been founded.

well... I got the 100/50 year number from the liberal papers.... it seemed scientific and well researched... but if you provide me the numbers for the 4 trillion barrels, then I will concede the point to you.

anyway, hydrogen fuel cells, if properly (and safely) compacted into portable form will become the ultimate source of energy.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:16 PM   #10
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
well... I got the 100/50 year number from the liberal papers.... it seemed scientific and well researched... but if you provide me the numbers for the 4 trillion barrels, then I will concede the point to you.

anyway, hydrogen fuel cells, if properly (and safely) compacted into portable form will become the ultimate source of energy.

I read it in a book that was published this year called, "How the energy industry works: An insiders Guide 2007."
Old 12-03-2007, 05:41 PM   #11
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Quote:
Ron Paul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
Ron Paul would be president for less than 5 minutes if he were elected.
Correction: When he's elected. And no, no one will assassinate him, the message of freedom prosperity and and economic health will have already spread. Your only putting nazi's in a coffin killing the man.

Ron Paul, Ben Franklin reincarnated.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 05:46 PM   #12
PK3434
Good Golly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
well I guess that the U.S. invading Iran is something we don't have to worry about anymore...or at least until 2015 or so...]

Lieberman must be PISSED!
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 05:53 PM   #13
-primetime-

ment to post this in the OCL

my bad...
Old 12-03-2007, 06:15 PM   #14
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

You're underestimating the neo-con leadership.

They don't let petty things such as documented evidence stand in the way of them and pre-emptive war.

Duck and cover!
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 06:46 PM   #15
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
well I guess that the U.S. invading Iran is something we don't have to worry about anymore...or at least until 2015 or so...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/12/...ear/index.html

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Iran halted work toward a nuclear weapon under international scrutiny in 2003 and is unlikely to be able to produce enough enriched uranium for a bomb until 2010 to 2015, a U.S. intelligence report says.

Do you really trust intelligence? i mean....didnt intelligence get the WMDs wrong too?

So now the NIE is accurate and to be believed?

This place is amazing sometimes. But then, I doubt anyone from the left actually understands what the intelligence said.

Out of curiousity. They dropped their Nuclear program in 2003, why do they need 3000 centrifuges? They aren't required to generate power.

That is like saying "I've quit beating my wife."

If they are continuing to develop uranium enrichment for nuclear power, they are a stones throw away from continuing development of nuclear weapons. They are hoping and waiting for a Democrat victory next November. After all, North Korea showed them the way...

You did not read or watch the entire report. They resumed it. further they have schematics and other technical data for a working nuclear warhead and have been announcing milestones in centrifuge installation and operation.

They are quite frankly wrong. Iran had 3000 (+) centrifuges working in cascade months ago and plans to add another 3000 by the end of the year and 15000 more next year. 3000 centrifuges by themselves are enpugh to produce enough EU for a nuke in about 6 months. 6000... 3 months. They would of course have to be dedicated to the process, but to be sure the IAEA cannot confirm whether they have additional enrichment capabilities at the military base that recently had a big bang or anywhere else. Hell by 1998 the IAEA had CONFIRMED and intelligence had CONFIRMED that Saddam had "no nuke program", then his SiL defected spilled the beans and we bombed the program he "didn't" have. The IAEA, and the intelligence services have been consistantly wrong about proliferation in

NK
Syria
Iran
Iraq
Lybia

I hardly think their estimate is all that good now.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: