Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-27-2006, 03:54 PM   #1
Smurf
I brick open layups

Default What do u think about this trade?

L.A. Lakers Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Von Wafer
6-5 SG from Florida State
1.3 ppg, 0.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 4.6 minutes
Sasha Vujacic
6-7 SG from Slovenia (Foreign)
3.9 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.7 apg in 17.7 minutes
Brian Cook
6-9 PF from Illinois
7.9 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.9 apg in 18.9 minutes
Aaron McKie
6-5 SG from Temple
0.5 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.8 apg in 8.6 minutes
Incoming
James Jones
6-8 SF from Miami-Fla.
9.3 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.8 apg in 23.6 minutes
Raja Bell
6-5 SG from Florida International
14.7 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 2.6 apg in 37.4 minutes
Change in team outlook: +10.4 ppg, -0.6 rpg, and -0.3 apg.

Phoenix Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
James Jones
6-8 SF from Miami-Fla.
9.3 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.8 apg in 23.6 minutes
Raja Bell
6-5 SG from Florida International
14.7 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 2.6 apg in 37.4 minutes
Incoming
Von Wafer
6-5 SG from Florida State
1.3 ppg, 0.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 4.6 minutes
Sasha Vujacic
6-7 SG from Slovenia (Foreign)
3.9 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.7 apg in 17.7 minutes
Brian Cook
6-9 PF from Illinois
7.9 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.9 apg in 18.9 minutes
Aaron McKie
6-5 SG from Temple
0.5 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.8 apg in 8.6 minutes

It works on realgm.
Now I know that some of you guys don't like Bell (I dont either) but imagine if we had his defensive intensity on our team. He would be our best perimeter defender and he will guard the opponent's best perimeter player (which Kobe usually does). This will allow Kobe to spend less energy on the defensive end and concentrate the offence (scoring and passing the ball). At the same time he could score. Then i think JJ is more athletic than Cook and he also has the 3point stroke. He can be a nice player of the bench.
I hate the fact that we'd be losing Sasha because I think he has alot of potential but I think Phoenix would like how he and B.Cook would fit in their offense. It also opens up roster space.
So the team could resemble this

Kwame/Mihm/Bynum
Radman/Jones/Turiaf
Kobe/Odom/walton/Evans
Bell/Kobe/Evans
Odom/Parker/Williams/Farmar
Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:06 PM   #2
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

The salaries might work but this trade makes absolutely no sense for Phoenix. Wafer was a scrub that rotted away in the NBDL the whole year, Mckie is all but done. Vujacic only shoots 3's & @ at a low clip at that. The only person they would treasure in that deal is Cook cause he can be another Tim Thomas, but not so much that they'd give up their starting SG and top perimeter defender and their high scoring sixth man.
........LA should definetly accept this trade if it was offered
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:31 PM   #3
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Why in the world would phoenix do this trade? They are not that dumb man...cook is the best out of those 4 and he doesnt have much value...wafer isnt NBA ready, sasha is soft and has yet to prove hes ready to contribute consistently, only plus of mckie is expiring contract. Why would they trade their starting shooting guard and best defender for a bunch of guys who wouldnt even be 6 men? Plus james jones played a big role for them last season...in a perfect world the lakers would get bell and jones for 4 bench players but it isnt a perfect world and that would never ever happen...unless your gm is isaiah thomas
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:52 PM   #4
Smurf
I brick open layups

O.K. Lemme try to ammend the trade.
S&T Devean George, B.Cook, Williams and McKie for JJ and Raja Bell.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:03 PM   #5
qwerty
(o_0)

Why would Raja play with Kobe?
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 05:04 PM   #6
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf
O.K. Lemme try to ammend the trade.
S&T Devean George, B.Cook, Williams and McKie for JJ and Raja Bell.

Still a NO WAY for the phoenix...again why would they trade their best defender away? this will never ever happen. you think adding devean george and shammond williams really makes phoenix consider this trade? Bell is a great defender and great 3-point shooter...george is old and out of his prime...none of these guys tyhe lakers give to the suns would be making an impact for the suns like jj and bell so it will never happen
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:44 PM   #7
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

deal doesn't work for Phoenix. they would be giving up a true starter for a bunch of mediocrity. they don't need that mediocre depth.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:46 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
Wafer was a scrub that rotted away in the NBDL the whole year,

Going to wafer one second. If yall watched his college days he is used to getting screens away from the ball and getting open.

He is being asked to do something he isnt used to by being the one to dribble the ball and being our future PG. How do I know this? I read it on a recent article by phil Jackson. He neer played PG before and theyre trying to make him work at it.

But anyways about the trade. Phoenix might accept it if the whole devean george thing was added because phoenix is one of the the teams that want george. Might work but w/e
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:28 PM   #9
Smurf
I brick open layups

Exactly Lakerfreak. Pheonix is one of the teams interested in George and B.Cook the kind of player they would like for their system. I know it may be a stretch, cause Raja is one of their favoured players but the terms 'defense' and 'Suns' does not usually come in the same sentence. Anyway I heard that they want to utilize Barbosa more and they also have Banks.
But I know it's a longshot. I can only imagine.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:05 PM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf
Exactly Lakerfreak. Pheonix is one of the teams interested in George and B.Cook the kind of player they would like for their system. I know it may be a stretch, cause Raja is one of their favoured players but the terms 'defense' and 'Suns' does not usually come in the same sentence. Anyway I heard that they want to utilize Barbosa more and they also have Banks.
But I know it's a longshot. I can only imagine.

Well I see your point. they want george and they can also use cook so they would get a good deal especially since cooky doesnt play defense so what do they need to worry right.

But ur also saying Raja Bell is one of their favoured guys but he isnt one of our favored guys either. u know? so i dont see anyone else worth it for us to get besides raja who would never play as a laker as long as Kobe is here.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:06 PM   #11
marny_navis
Banned

IMO I don't like the trade. We are wasting our trade bait on Raja Bell. I just don't think he is worth that much too us. Chris Mihm is talked about in a lot of trades, but this takes alot away from being able to trade him, who is our best trading piece. I would really like us to get Melvin Ely, and I just can't see that happening for us unless we did a Mihm/Ely trade, and I think Mihm would be giving away WAY too much for Ely. And I want more than anything to see Ely playing for the Lakers if it were possible.

Old 07-27-2006, 11:09 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
IMO I don't like the trade. We are wasting our trade bait on Raja Bell. I just don't think he is worth that much too us. Chris Mihm is talked about in a lot of trades, but this takes alot away from being able to trade him, who is our best trading piece. I would really like us to get Melvin Ely, and I just can't see that happening for us unless we did a Mihm/Ely trade, and I think Mihm would be giving away WAY too much for Ely. And I want more than anything to see Ely playing for the Lakers if it were possible.

Its always what YOOUU want isnt it marny davis...loool jk jk
Old 07-27-2006, 11:33 PM   #13
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis

what's so great about Ely?
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:33 AM   #14
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Nice to speculate, but this trade makes no sense.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: