Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-04-2007, 04:06 PM   #1
Wicked_1
Great young streetballer

Wicked_1 has an OK reputation so far
Default Spice 1 shot

Bay Area Rapper Spice 1 Shot, In Critical Condition
Published: Monday - December 3, 2007
Words by Allen Starbury

Spice 1
Photo: Thug World Ent.

Legendary Bay Area rapper Spice 1 was shot in Hayward, California during the early morning hours of Monday (December 3), but details regarding the incident are sketchy.

The rapper's manager, Six, confirmed the shooting to BallerStatus.com, but said despite rumors, Spice is still alive and in critical condition at an unspecified hospital.

According to Six, Spice was shot twice, once in the chin and another time in the chest, which just missed his heart by inches.

"Yes, it's true," Six told BallerStatus.com. "Right now, we're asking for everyone to keep Spice in their prayers."

Spice 1 is being treated at an area hospital, unknown due to the circumstances of the shooting. Despite being in serious condition, Six says he is expected to pull through.

Spice 1 (real name: Robert L. Green, Jr.) hails from Hayward, California. He is a legend in the Bay Area who has been releasing music since the early 90s.

He has more than 15 albums under his belt, three of which were certified gold during his days as an artist on the Jive Records roster.

He left Jive Records in 1999, and has since released numerous albums independently. His most recent was Thug A$$ociation, which dropped in May and feature B-Legit, Roger Troutman and C-Bo.

BallerStatus will keep you updated as details are revealed.

http://www.ballerstatus.com/article/news/2007/12/3662/
Wicked_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:24 PM   #2
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Spice 1 shot

Now that's what I call keeping it real.

I hope this shooting resurects his music career.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:00 PM   #3
-primetime-

this is horse shit...

I wonder what he was getting himself into...
Old 12-04-2007, 05:08 PM   #4
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

Wadeisabeast has an OK reputation so far

hurt

He's my favorite rapper. His songs take up almost half of my mp3 players.

He hasn't really done anything recently. I have one of his newer cds, and there were only a few good songs on it.

His music from the 90s is 10x better than anything out right now.
Wadeisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:19 PM   #5
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadeisabeast
His music from the 90s is 10x better than anything out right now.

totally agreed

50 Cent has absolutly NOTHING on this guy...
Old 12-04-2007, 11:42 PM   #6
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RyRWgz8vHR4

That is the sh*t right there.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:44 PM   #7
-primetime-

Quote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RyRWgz8vHR4

That is the sh*t right there.
that has nothing on Murder Show:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DOWkG50WaMA
Old 12-04-2007, 11:51 PM   #8
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
that has nothing on Murder Show:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DOWkG50WaMA

It's good, but i don't like it as much as "welcom to the ghetto"

My other favorites are Revenge, One in a million, and one he did with Pac and a few others, i think it's called "can't stop us".
Old 12-04-2007, 11:57 PM   #9
-primetime-

Quote:
It's good, but i don't like it as much as "welcom to the ghetto"

My other favorites are Revenge, One in a million, and one he did with Pac and a few others, i think it's called "can't stop us".
you are thinking of "jealous got me strapped"

yeah....that is a classic:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=65e6Kna0eeY
Old 12-05-2007, 12:02 AM   #10
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
you are thinking of "jealous got me strapped"

yeah....that is a classic:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=65e6Kna0eeY

nah, that aint it. But you reminded me of that. My f*ckin mp3 player has random play, but for some reasons it won't play a few songs, and "jealous got me strapped" is one of em. I haven't heard it in a while

I can't remember when I got it. i'll try and find it and send it to you. it's what got me in to Spice.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:02 AM   #11
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Get well Bay Area's "Spice 1."
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 12:33 AM   #12
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Get well Bay Area's "Spice 1."

spice was sleeping in his car. passed out and sh*t

http://www.insidebayarea.com/argus/localnews/ci_7630721
Quote:
Update: Man shot, wounded in driveway is rapper Spice 1
By Jason Sweeney, Staff Writer
Article Last Updated: 12/04/2007 07:59:18 PM PST

Spice 1, a rapper who lives in Hayward, was shot while sleeping in his car in his driveway. (File photo)
The 37-year-old Hayward man shot Monday while sleeping in his car has been identified as Bay Area rapper Spice 1, whose real name is Robert Green.

Green was seriously wounded in the shooting and is recovering at a local hospital, Hayward Police Lt. Reid Lindblom said. Lindblom said that Green has been interviewed at the hospital by detectives but did not have additional details.

"He said he dozed off in his car," Lindblom said. "He guessed he had been in his car for about 30 minutes."

Green apparently had been been sleeping in his car in the driveway of a house on the 26000 block of Chiplay Avenue when, at about 12:30 a.m., he became aware that someone was standing next to the vehicle. A shot was fired through the car window, and Green was hit in the chest, according to Lindblom.

Green then went into his house and family members called 9-1-1, he said.

Nothing was stolen from the victim or taken from the vehicle. The shooter was described as a white or Hispanic male about 5 feet 7 inches tall and dressed all in black.

Lindblom said investigators do not have a suspect or a motive for the shooting. Investigators are processing his vehicle for evidence, he said.

Green's manager, Scott Bibiano, who goes by the nickname "Six," said Tuesday that the residence belongs to Green's parents. Bibiano said that Green is in critical condition and has been through surgery.

Bibiano added that Green's parents have been with Green and that they are holding up
Advertisement
well.

Green has released more than a dozen albums since the early 1990s; his latest, "Thug Association," was released earlier this year.

Bibiano said that he and Green were in Las Cruces, N.M., and El Paso, Texas, over the weekend for performances.

"He is well respected in the rap community," Bibiano said of Green. "He is one of the icons, one of the fathers that started it in the Bay Area."

Green has worked with several high-profile rappers, including East Bay rapper "Too Short," as well as Tupac Shakur, who was shot and killed in 1996.

The Associated Press also reported Tuesday that 33-year-old rapper Chad Butler, known as "Pimp C," was found dead in a Los Angeles hotel room on Tuesday. Butler collaborated with Green in the past.

Hayward City Councilwoman Doris Rodriquez lives around the block from where Green was shot. She said she did not know Green, but was unnerved by the shooting.

"It's pretty close to home," she said. "It's always been a fairly quiet neighborhood, but periodically things have happened." She said neighbors recently formed a Neighborhood Watch due to shootings and a firebombing that occurred in the neighborhood earlier this year.

Anyone with additional information is encouraged to call the Hayward Police Department at 510-293-
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 12:36 AM   #13
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

I love how the article made it a point to post his address. How responsible of them.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 12:38 AM   #14
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
I love how the article made it a point to post his address. How responsible of them.
yeah the local (suburban) papers are pretty dumb around here.
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:04 AM   #15
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

I found it, It's only a year old though.

http://mfile3.akamai.com/14123/wm2/m...234&obj=v60425
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: