Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 12-11-2007, 01:28 PM   #16
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation
Default Re: Gasol on his way to the bulls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
If the Grizzlies are gonna trade Pau Gasol, I think they need to get another big man in return. Joakim Noah or Tyrus Thomas would be good additions. With Noah, Darko would be free to break out on offense and possibly become the man.
I don't see Darko becoming THE man in a run&gun team. And if Memphis is not going to play that way, it is not smart to let Gasol go because he is an already proven player that should be close to 20/10.
On the other hand, I agree a big man should come back in return. I would never take Thomas though because Memphis already has one in Stromile. Noah could be a valuable addition, but I still think that only Ben Gordon would be useful to rebuild the Grizzlies and I don't see Chicago letting him go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
His contract is actually cheap by todays standards. Also hes basically been playing primarily PF for Charlotte
I was thinking on contract length more than money, because I don't see Wallace worth keeping for Memphis in a rebuilding process around Rudy. Both Wallace and Gay can play PF, but it is not their best spot. And frankly speaking, it is not the same to play alongside Emeka than to do it with Darko (at least for today). I know it could work, but I would prefer a real big there.
So for me, the direct trade Wallace+fillers for Gasol would not be a good trade for Memphis.

Last edited by berraco : 12-11-2007 at 01:33 PM.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:49 PM   #17
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Gasol on his way to the bulls?

When I was saying we need a point guard.I meant keep pau and find a player that can pass effectively.Like a tj ford,or ridnour.Someone with flair is needed for this offense"cough conley cough".It just sucks cause all we have is point guards that can bring the ball up the floor.But when it gets up the floor they cand distribute right.Which is why are backcourt averages the most turnovers in the league probably.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: