Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-08-2006, 01:35 PM   #16
Unregistered

[quote=The Captain]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered

Did the raps not score alot last year? i think I remember them averaging over 100ppg. Why would then suddenly start scoring only 85? what Przybilla brings is toughness, rebounding and blocks. he didn't get a ton of minutes because he had Ratliff(and his starter's salary) to go against.

Jack isn't the answer, but if you get him for dropping a few lotery slots and get equal talent back, we're that much deeper. Bosh's scoring should go up because he'll get more touches, so will v...so the scoring should stay relatively the same, but with better D and rebounding.

I agree with you on Mo, he's a streak player, that's why if we trade, I would trade him...playoff teams will want his scoring and 3's.

Yes the raps scored a lot last year, but I think most would agree that it wasn't because they had an efficient system. They chucked a ton. I think the scoring will fall tons when you remove Mike James' 20 ppg and all the shots he takes. Sub James for Jack and you have a huge loss in points, along with Pryz and his inability to score. Ratliff makes huge money, but you're telling me the Portland Trailblazers are playing guys to justify contracts? Let's get real. They are terrible had Ruben Patterson rotting on their bench making huge coin. I think many Raps fans will be disspointed in his game and he will spend a lot of time on the injured list, as he has for most of his career.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:06 PM   #17
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Yes, Toronto scored a lot last year, but they got scored on even more...they had 100 points per game and the opposition had around 102 or somethin like that. Not a big stat to bring up.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:18 PM   #18
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

[quote=The Captain]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
I agree with you on Mo, he's a streak player, that's why if we trade, I would trade him...playoff teams will want his scoring and 3's.

I would love to see Mo Pete as a Cav. His D and 3 point range would be perfect next to LeBron.

But the only player the raps would want back is Anderson Varejao and he is not goin to be traded.

Mo Pete
Alvin Williams

For

Hughes

You guys get a 2 gaurd with Defence who can get to the basket and play point when needed.

Hughes contract isn't as bad as i though it was.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:58 PM   #19
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

[quote=Unregistered I think the scoring will fall tons when you remove Mike James' 20 ppg and all the shots he takes. Sub James for Jack and you have a huge loss in points, along with Pryz and his inability to score.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the scoring would fall tons because Mike James took a lot of bad shots and most times he kept the ball himself and just chucked up a 3 without running a play. I'm not saying James is an offensive liability or anything, because most games he was hot and get 20+, but I'm just saying if the Raptors get a "true" point guard, who could average maybe 13ppg and 8apg, you'd have those points that James provides, and maybe more because the team would be taking more quality shots.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 10:37 AM   #20
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
I don't think the scoring would fall tons because Mike James took a lot of bad shots and most times he kept the ball himself and just chucked up a 3 without running a play. I'm not saying James is an offensive liability or anything, because most games he was hot and get 20+, but I'm just saying if the Raptors get a "true" point guard, who could average maybe 13ppg and 8apg, you'd have those points that James provides, and maybe more because the team would be taking more quality shots.

I would agree with you if I had more faith in Mitchell's system.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: