Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-05-2007, 07:16 AM   #31
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: what do yall think of this musicians quote I made up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
there are 3 phases in a musicians life.. in the first phase, the goal is to be the greatest thing ever and to change the world. once it is realized that aint happening
But Hendrix was the best in world for his brief recording career, or close to it.

Quote:
the second phase involves trying to please anybody and everybody, even if it means sacrificing beliefs and ideas.
Hendrix never sold out. "Red House" was cut off the American release of "Experienced" (to his chagrin) because he was told Americans don't like blues. If Hendrix would've been intent on just making money and making what everybody wanted to hear, a) he never would've been as influential and innovative as he was and b) the Experience would've never broken up for him to go pursue broader horizons with Band of Gypsys.

Citing Hendrix as a source of somebody who couldn't be the best and sold out his musical beliefs to try and sell records is one of the dumbest things I've ever read.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:46 AM   #32
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Charlie Sheen has decent reputationCharlie Sheen has decent reputation

see: maslow's hierarchy of needs

similar to the idea you're trying to pass off as your own invention minus the exclusive language.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:51 AM   #33
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't even know who you are Jizzle, and honestly, your "cracks" are about as insulting as a grass stain on my jeans.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:59 AM   #34
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You say "credible people" and then you include a kid who hasn't even grown a bush yet in Geewiz. lol

And what does the Alliance and a flower t-shirt have to do with me? I wasn't in the Alliance and Timmeh (Sikness) wore the flower t-shirt.

That's like me making fun of Jesus for wearing a turbin. Nice try though. An improvement over your quote that took me longer to read than War and Peace.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 12:05 PM   #35
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
I don't even know who you are Jizzle, and honestly, your "cracks" are about as insulting as a grass stain on my jeans.
Grass stains tend to very persistent, annoying, and a general nuisance without really being a serious problem. Well put.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:26 PM   #36
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
wow Im getting cracked on by 2 village idiots and a nobody (yea thats you aggie the guy who made a thread asking how to make friends in college)

until I see someone respectable and credible dog my quote I aint phased.

ummmm...no i didnt. Nice try though.

Anyways, you go to Texas State. Good luck finding a job after college. Texas State is such a joke it isnt even funny. That's where all the bottom 25% of my school went to university b/c they couldnt get into aTm, UT or Tech.

Last edited by Hawker : 12-05-2007 at 01:29 PM.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:28 PM   #37
Phenomenon
Ball Above All

Phenomenon has an OK reputation so far

"The tried and true pros are chasing fools gold." - Aceyalone
Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:06 PM   #38
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
see: maslow's hierarchy of needs

similar to the idea you're trying to pass off as your own invention minus the exclusive language.

theres a few similarities, most noteworthy the top of his pyramid is self fulfillment which was my last goal.. however other then that its way different. Im surprised you even brought that up we just learned about that in my public personnel class.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:07 PM   #39
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
ummmm...no i didnt. Nice try though.

Anyways, you go to Texas State. Good luck finding a job after college. Texas State is such a joke it isnt even funny. That's where all the bottom 25% of my school went to university b/c they couldnt get into aTm, UT or Tech.

are you implying youre better then me because you go to A&M? I could have went to A&M .. big deal. I mean I could understand if you were bragging about going to Harvard or Yale or somethin.. but A&M?

Its just a school. However I can tell from your posts here you need alot more then A&M to be a productive member of society.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:19 PM   #40
BBallBeatwriter
Decent playground baller

BBallBeatwriter has no real reputation yet.

there is an ancient adage from my part of the wrold that say: "Play and practice for 20 years, you satisfy yourself, play for 40 years you satisfy your fellow man, play for a lifetime and just maybe you will satisfy the gods"
BBallBeatwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:22 PM   #41
BBallBeatwriter
Decent playground baller

BBallBeatwriter has no real reputation yet.

Hawker, are you talking about UNT? I went there
BBallBeatwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 04:35 PM   #42
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallBeatwriter
there is an ancient adage from my part of the wrold that say: "Play and practice for 20 years, you satisfy yourself, play for 40 years you satisfy your fellow man, play for a lifetime and just maybe you will satisfy the gods"

I like this alot man. for real. what part of the world are you from?
Old 12-05-2007, 04:44 PM   #43
MakeMeSomeFoodHo
Banned

MakeMeSomeFoodHo has an OK reputation so far

"Woke up quick at about noon, just thought that I had to be in Compton soon" -Eazy E
MakeMeSomeFoodHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:01 PM   #44
WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith

retarded simply because it's too long, inaccurate, and doesn't apply to even the majority of musicians.

Dizzle's a legend though.
"Street Hunger"
Old 12-06-2007, 01:27 AM   #45
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
Anyways, you go to Texas State. Good luck finding a job after college.
I'm all for trashing Dizzle, but let's be honest here - a bachelor degree from any reputable instituion is going to get you a job. Maybe you won't get filthy rich doing it, but if you've got a degree with a solid GPA after college you're going to employed if you want to be.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: