Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 12-05-2007, 04:24 AM   #1
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Worth buying PS3 just for NBA 2k8?

Was wondering If anybody could tell me If it would be worth buying a playstation 3 and buying NBA2k8? My best mate seems to think 2k8 is great in PS3 and really the only reason to buy It would be for PS3 when all of our mates want to play it e.t.c. So is it worth the price just to get the 2K8 game? Is it that good or would we be wasting our time?
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 04:28 AM   #2
biisak
Yeah, Im from Sweden

biisak has decent reputation
Default Re: Worth buying PS3 just for NBA 2k8?

Buy a 360 instead if all you wanna do is play 2k8.
biisak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:24 AM   #3
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Don't buy a console for one game, it's not worth it.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:30 AM   #4
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

No.

NO.

NOOOOO.

2k8 sucks complete ass.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:55 AM   #5
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has decent reputation

You have to examine each system to see which one has the games you want. Buying a system for one game is kind of silly. That's not a cheap investment.

One thing to remember is the 360 has a much larger installed user base, so it will be infinitely easier to get a game going online.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:57 AM   #6
Dirkules
Kids at the park dunk on me

Dirkules has an OK reputation so far

i think there is no need to buy a PS3 only for that game, it's not even exclusive for playstation.
Dirkules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #7
gsw4life
I hit open layups

gsw4life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
No.

NO.

NOOOOO.

2k8 sucks complete ass.
gsw4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 04:07 PM   #8
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

this is a ridicylous thought...

if you have a ridiculously amount of money to just trow around on video games...

I got bills to pay. IDK about y'all...
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 04:13 PM   #9
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Tell you what happened to me.

I live somewhere in the caribbean and the PS3 costs like 25% more than it is in the states. I have been playing NBA live since 95 but shifted to 2k on 2002. Been playing 2k ever since.

I was in San Diego and was adamant on getting the $299 ps3. I went to the gamestop downtown and they didn't have the $299 one. Only the $399. Then the fat guy over there went on saying why I should just save up my extra $100 and buy the 60gb one. Since I wasn't buying what he said I just wnet back to the hotel.

I did some research on the two ps3's and after 3 hours of thinking I decided to buy thr $399 one. I went to the nearest gamestop and they didn't have any ps3s in stock.

The next day I went to a Sony store and they both had the $299 and $399 one. I was about to buy the $399 but they did not have nba 2k8.

I ended up buying nothing at all.

Yesterday I was in Miami and they didn't have any Wiis.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 04:13 PM   #10
allizzle
I airball my layups

allizzle has an OK reputation so far

Is 2k8 the best one? I've got a PS3 and I am getting one of the 3 games for christmas, I've heard NBA 08 is the best cause of the internet play and that NBA Live 08 has better gameplay but doesn't have internet play.
I haven't heard much about the 2k8, but I'm downloading the new PS3 update
and hoping that some of those games have a free demo.
allizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 04:15 PM   #11
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

2k8 ain't that great, but I have a ps3, so it really doesn't matter to me...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 04:18 PM   #12
allizzle
I airball my layups

-Sorry for the double post-
Old 12-05-2007, 04:20 PM   #13
gsw4life
I hit open layups

gsw4life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by allizzle
Is 2k8 the best one? I've got a PS3 and I am getting one of the 3 games for christmas, I've heard NBA 08 is the best cause of the internet play and that NBA Live 08 has better gameplay but doesn't have internet play.
I haven't heard much about the 2k8, but I'm downloading the new PS3 update
and hoping that some of those games have a free demo.
I have 2k8 for the PS3 and it is one of my favorite basketball games ever. I have been playing basketball video games since the acclaimed Lakers vs Celtics came out on Sega. 2k8 is by far, the best basketball game I have played. I used to play NBA Live up until around 2000 or 2001 when the 2k series took over as the best basketball game on the market. This years combines great gameplay, realistic player tendencies, amazing graphics and a decent franchise interface. I would like to see them work on the franchise piece of the game a bit more, but the gameplay is what keeps me coming back.

I havent played NBA 08, but have played Live 08 and I prefer 2k8 by far.
gsw4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 04:24 PM   #14
allizzle
I airball my layups

Thanks for making this an easier choice for me

But are there any mini games or something other than just season/dynasty mode?
Old 12-05-2007, 04:30 PM   #15
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
Tell you what happened to me.

I live somewhere in the caribbean and the PS3 costs like 25% more than it is in the states. I have been playing NBA live since 95 but shifted to 2k on 2002. Been playing 2k ever since.

I was in San Diego and was adamant on getting the $299 ps3. I went to the gamestop downtown and they didn't have the $299 one. Only the $399. Then the fat guy over there went on saying why I should just save up my extra $100 and buy the 60gb one. Since I wasn't buying what he said I just wnet back to the hotel.

I did some research on the two ps3's and after 3 hours of thinking I decided to buy thr $399 one. I went to the nearest gamestop and they didn't have any ps3s in stock.

The next day I went to a Sony store and they both had the $299 and $399 one. I was about to buy the $399 but they did not have nba 2k8.

I ended up buying nothing at all.

Yesterday I was in Miami and they didn't have any Wiis.

GODDAM!

That's some crazy stuff man. God must hate you.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: