Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 12-06-2007, 05:27 PM   #91
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Worth buying PS3 just for NBA 2k8?

nothing will ever beat 93-94 NHL Hockey on Sega Genesis
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:33 PM   #92
MoPizzlez
I brick open layups

MoPizzlez has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
Then u never played Tecmo Super Bowl for Nintendo
MoPizzlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:39 PM   #93
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
Was wondering If anybody could tell me If it would be worth buying a playstation 3 and buying NBA2k8? My best mate seems to think 2k8 is great in PS3 and really the only reason to buy It would be for PS3 when all of our mates want to play it e.t.c. So is it worth the price just to get the 2K8 game? Is it that good or would we be wasting our time?

The only reason to buy a PS3 is if you want a cheap Blu-Ray player. Other than that, do yourself a huge favor and get an Xbox 360.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:44 PM   #94
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoPizzlez
Then u never played Tecmo Super Bowl for Nintendo

actually thats classic too, probably my first classic game...

just sega hockey was the focal point of college weed smoking days and everyone i knew was hooked....we used to run that 4way too...it would get so intense sometimes
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:25 PM   #95
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Well, not everyone has a setup where they can connect their pc to their 50 inch LCD TV.

Huh? If you have the TV to use it with a console then it costs $10 to connect a PC. Sure if the rig is ancient you might have problems, but you aren't going to play any of the best new games on a rig that old anyway.

Quote:
C'mon man, it's not that bad. Dudes acting like it's the hardest thing in the world is to play a FPS with a controller.

Yeah it really is. Maybe not the hardest thing, I imagine a trackball or touchpad would be worse, but compared to mouse and keyboard a controller is inprecise(which is everything), clunky and awkward. Racing or Sports games Ill take it every time, but to try and play FPS with it is to minimize your chances.

Quote:

Mutant League Ice Hockey was sooo much better :)

Also, to whoever said it, you don't need a 2500 rig to play Crysis. I play it very comfortably on a rig that cost about 1500AU which is like a 1000 rig in the US with the way we get extorted on PC stuff. Not running it absolutely maxed out resolution wise, but everything else is. Just need to know how to configure a PC to run it.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:56 PM   #96
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
Huh? If you have the TV to use it with a console then it costs $10 to connect a PC. Sure if the rig is ancient you might have problems, but you aren't going to play any of the best new games on a rig that old anyway.

Yeah it really is. Maybe not the hardest thing, I imagine a trackball or touchpad would be worse, but compared to mouse and keyboard a controller is inprecise(which is everything), clunky and awkward. Racing or Sports games Ill take it every time, but to try and play FPS with it is to minimize your chances.

Mutant League Ice Hockey was sooo much better :)

Also, to whoever said it, you don't need a 2500 rig to play Crysis. I play it very comfortably on a rig that cost about 1500AU which is like a 1000 rig in the US with the way we get extorted on PC stuff. Not running it absolutely maxed out resolution wise, but everything else is. Just need to know how to configure a PC to run it.
Do you know how bad that 50 in lcd is going to ghost?
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:56 PM   #97
Uchiha_Hai
The Big Bang

Uchiha_Hai has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
Tell you what happened to me.

I live somewhere in the caribbean and the PS3 costs like 25% more than it is in the states. I have been playing NBA live since 95 but shifted to 2k on 2002. Been playing 2k ever since.

I was in San Diego and was adamant on getting the $299 ps3. I went to the gamestop downtown and they didn't have the $299 one. Only the $399. Then the fat guy over there went on saying why I should just save up my extra $100 and buy the 60gb one. Since I wasn't buying what he said I just wnet back to the hotel.

I did some research on the two ps3's and after 3 hours of thinking I decided to buy thr $399 one. I went to the nearest gamestop and they didn't have any ps3s in stock.

The next day I went to a Sony store and they both had the $299 and $399 one. I was about to buy the $399 but they did not have nba 2k8.

I ended up buying nothing at all.

Yesterday I was in Miami and they didn't have any Wiis.

Lol...Im sure that helped a lot...
Uchiha_Hai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:08 AM   #98
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You can get a 40g version of the PS3 for 399 now. It comes with free internet and your choice of 5 Blue Ray DVD's.

The comparable XBOX 360 setup comes with a 20g HD and 2 ok games for 349. The internet is 49 a year bringing the total to 398.

I'de go with the PS3. You get a Blue Ray player, larger HD, free online, and a stronger overall system (in my opinion).
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:37 PM   #99
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

I'm getting a PS3 with 2K8 for Christmas, its the one the guy recommended at the store over Live08 and NBA 08, she better be sweet.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:11 AM   #100
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Do you know how bad that 50 in lcd is going to ghost?

Why in god would it ghost on a PC if it doesn't ghost on a less powerful PS3 or 360? Some people really have their heads buried in the sand when it comes to PC gaming, looks like Sony has really won that battle if it has everyone as ignorant as they seem.

For a straight out answer, my 46" inch LCD doesn't ghost at all.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: