Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-05-2007, 06:46 PM   #16
pj24lal

pj24lal has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: TNA >> WWE prove I'm wrong and I'll leave ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
Co-sign, something I don't do with Randy's posts.

Yep I agree..
pj24lal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:50 PM   #17
dayvid316
I brick open layups

dayvid316 has an OK reputation so far

well im pissed off with TNA booking staff at the moment because they just lost two of their stars!!

Low-ki (senshi) and Christopher Daniels!
those two were my favourate wrestlers in TNA and now they are gone!

ROH FTW!

Last edited by dayvid316 : 12-05-2007 at 07:04 PM.
dayvid316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:01 PM   #18
Day La Ghetto
Decent college freshman

Day La Ghetto has an OK reputation so far

This is like someone saying ecw is better then wcw. Guy is in denial.
Day La Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:18 PM   #19
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Fighting in the street > WWE + TNA
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:51 PM   #20
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day La Ghetto
This is like someone saying ecw is better then wcw. Guy is in denial.

The hell? I'll assume you don't watch TNA if all you can say is that.

If you don't like wrestling don't post in the thread. Got it, numbnuts? Damn insidehoops is crap for this type of stuff. I don't understand why mods don't crack down on it, but my guess is that it's because insidehoops forum is absolutely nothing compared to other bball forums without the children causing a ruckus.

They lost Daniels too?! I thought it was only senshi. Oh well, that sucks but he wasn't being used in any capacity befitting of his talent.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:35 PM   #21
Day La Ghetto
Decent college freshman

Day La Ghetto has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
The hell? I'll assume you don't watch TNA if all you can say is that.

If you don't like wrestling don't post in the thread. Got it, numbnuts? Damn insidehoops is crap for this type of stuff. I don't understand why mods don't crack down on it, but my guess is that it's because insidehoops forum is absolutely nothing compared to other bball forums without the children causing a ruckus.

They lost Daniels too?! I thought it was only senshi. Oh well, that sucks but he wasn't being used in any capacity befitting of his talent.

Who said I didn't like wrestling pinhead? Point out where I said that. I like the wwe to an extent. You should be the one done away with with you blabbering a bunch of nonsense based on assumption.
Day La Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:59 PM   #22
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

WW has been on a steady downward spiral since they dropped the F and picked up the E.

Sorry, but wrestling is so far over the top these days its like watching a GWAR concert. ie: Pathetic

Women stripping in the ring, guys so pumped full of roids they'd make 80s Hulk blush and some of the weakest story lines ever conceived have made it a complete waste of time. I tried to go back to it and was treated to Vince finding out a midget was his kid. I threw up in my mouth and changed the channel.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:33 PM   #23
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day La Ghetto
Who said I didn't like wrestling pinhead? Point out where I said that. I like the wwe to an extent. You should be the one done away with with you blabbering a bunch of nonsense based on assumption.

I was referring to randy and the other bloke with that comment, not you. Fathead.

Kentatm, watch TNA if you don't want midgets, women stripping (me likey, but this isnt the place), and roided up freaks. Well, save scott steiner.

Oh, and they've ridden the locker room of roiders too in WWE, several, and I mean several suspensions have been handed out in the past few months and one mid-carder was released. tna's wellness policy is much less strick, but it isn't as big of a problem because it is based on the x division and doesnt have muscle loving vince running things
Old 12-05-2007, 11:05 PM   #24
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

TNA is better than the WWE and the WWE is better than TNA when it comes to some things.

Their rosters are great but if I had to pick one I'd definitely choose the WWE over TNA. The WWE still has a pretty great roster with veterans, guys who are just hitting the primes of their careers and up and coming stars. TNA is full of every guy who gets released from the WWE and indy stars.

When it comes to writing/booking I'd probably give that edge to TNA, however, not by much. Neither promotion is doing anything groundbreaking right now like nWo/WCW and the Attitude Era or even the original ECW.

The WWE still looks like a major promotion while TNA still looks so small. The WWE's production, their videos, editing, theme music are all > TNA's. The WWE still sells out 12,000+ arenas and when it comes to WrestleMania alone they draw 60,000+ when they want to. TNA only runs in front of 900 fans at the "impact zone" and when they do travel they don't get anything close to 10,-15,000 fans.

When it comes to in ring wrestling... again I'd say it's about equal. The thing that I can't stand about TNA is their X Division wrestlers. I'm not saying they're not athletic or talented but none of them really know how to work. They don't know how to sell any moves they do and make it looks so fake. The only pros in TNA are Kurt Angle, Sting, Booker T, Christian Cage and now AJ Styles. Most of the guys who really know how to work are in the WWE.

Last edited by ConanRulesNBC : 12-05-2007 at 11:11 PM.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:54 PM   #25
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
TNA is better than the WWE and the WWE is better than TNA when it comes to some things.

Their rosters are great but if I had to pick one I'd definitely choose the WWE over TNA. The WWE still has a pretty great roster with veterans, guys who are just hitting the primes of their careers and up and coming stars. TNA is full of every guy who gets released from the WWE and indy stars.

a) Their rosters are great? Jim Ross has said himself many times that the roster is too poor to even have proper stables. b) Who do you speak of? Orton, Cena, Kennedy, Edge, Punk... I'm forgetting some, but many of the main eventers won't be around in their current capacity much longer: HBK, Taker, Batista, HHH. But yeah, veterans you're right. However, you ignore that TNA is much the same way. Kurt, Cage, Sting, these guys are veterans in their prime.

Quote:
When it comes to writing/booking I'd probably give that edge to TNA, however, not by much. Neither promotion is doing anything groundbreaking right now like nWo/WCW and the Attitude Era or even the original ECW.

It sucks, but I doubt we will see anything groundbreaking ever again. Nothing truly groundbreaking.

Quote:
The WWE still looks like a major promotion while TNA still looks so small. The WWE's production, their videos, editing, theme music are all > TNA's. The WWE still sells out 12,000+ arenas and when it comes to WrestleMania alone they draw 60,000+ when they want to. TNA only runs in front of 900 fans at the "impact zone" and when they do travel they don't get anything close to 10,-15,000 fans.

Yeah, WWE production values are through the damn roof. But I said not to use exposure as a measure of quality. Just because something is widely known because it has been around longer doesn't make it better than a newcomer with little fame.

Quote:
When it comes to in ring wrestling... again I'd say it's about equal. The thing that I can't stand about TNA is their X Division wrestlers. I'm not saying they're not athletic or talented but none of them really know how to work. They don't know how to sell any moves they do and make it looks so fake. The only pros in TNA are Kurt Angle, Sting, Booker T, Christian Cage and now AJ Styles. Most of the guys who really know how to work are in the WWE.

I thought you were being sarcastic there for a second. How in the ****ing HELL are wrestlers with move-restrictions that were given TV time because of mic skills and look and a HHH nut in their mouth even comparable in-ring? Sure, maybe if Vince actually let them do what they want, but that is an "if". It's funny that you can't stand the x-division, because that is what made TNA. Yes, they have poor psychology (because they used to get sooo little TV that they felt they needed to squeeze in as many moves as possible), but Joe, Styles, Cage, Kurt, Tomko, etc, these guys DO use psychology. On the other side, WWE fools people into thinking they are using psychology because their best guys' matches are completely formulaic. Cena, HBK, HHH, Batista, all routine wrestlers unless it's a PPV where they might go CRAZY and bust out a leg drop (not to say tna doesnt have formula followers too, but not as much). In all seriousness, TNA has prided itself on putting on superior matches to WWE, it has been their only competitive advantage, and arguing against that is asinine.

I'm trying my darndest not to come off as an all-knowing prick, but I'm just putting my thoughts down without thinking twice.

edit about working: To summarize a bit, Vince doesn't let them work to their full ability; their main guys that you see every week have no more than 5 moves, if you allow me to go overboard a smidgen. Pair that with the most predictable outcomes in the history of friggin wrestling (I add this because you, and TNA's match are better without a doubt better. But TNA'ers do need to sell more and use more psychology, but that will increase and improve over time as they get used to 2 hour impacts.

Last edited by Bourne : 12-05-2007 at 11:58 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:59 PM   #26
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

All I know is that I just watched Survivor Series last month and Turning Point this past sunday and Survivor Series was well worth it. Turning Point? Pathetic.

Shawn Michaels/Randy Orton and Undertaker/Batista were two quality wrestling matches. Better matches than anything I've seen TNA put on in quite some time.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:07 AM   #27
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
All I know is that I just watched Survivor Series last month and Turning Point this past sunday and Survivor Series was well worth it. Turning Point? Pathetic.

Shawn Michaels/Randy Orton and Undertaker/Batista were two quality wrestling matches. Better matches than anything I've seen TNA put on in quite some time.

Yeah, SS was good. TP was pathetic? Nay nay. That worked shoot at the end by Joe was better than anything WWE has put on in, I dare say, years. Funny, WWE took the wrestling side while TNA took the promo side.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:24 AM   #28
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

From what i've seen from TNA, there definatly put on a better "wrestling" product then TNA. In TNA, anyone from the bottom of the card, to the top can put on a entertaining match. In WWE, the lower guys can't do that because they don't want them to outshine the "Main event" guys.

With that being said, there are times when the wrestlers in TNA frustrate me, especially the matches with guys in the X division because they can at times throw so much at once that it just becomes a highlight reel blur.

I haven't seen huge amounts of TNA recently. We only get the PPV's over here in Australia, but we used to get the shows back in PPV a week era for free. They were a couple of months behind, but it's free so who was I to complain.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 01:34 AM   #29
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
Yeah, SS was good. TP was pathetic? Nay nay. That worked shoot at the end by Joe was better than anything WWE has put on in, I dare say, years. Funny, WWE took the wrestling side while TNA took the promo side.

I like the "worked shoots"... just not ones coming from Samoa Joe who I feel is very overrated by most internet wrestling fans. I loved the "shoot" promos ECW used to do back in the '90s and even WCW in 2000. I absolutely loved the promo when Paul Heyman called out Vince McMahon the week before Survivor Series 2001 and tore him apart for taking ECW's ideas and labeling it the "Attitude Era".
Old 12-06-2007, 01:40 AM   #30
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

TNA....is like "fox sports net"

WWE...is like "ESPN"

Anytime TNA will ever get a young talent worth a damn.........WWE will just buy and steal them........at the end of the day, WWE is "the big show" and everybody wants to be called up to the big show.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: