Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-06-2007, 12:53 AM   #31
The Myth
Banned

The Myth posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryThe Myth posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: TNA >> WWE prove I'm wrong and I'll leave ish

Honestly TNA is no better then WWE right now, yes WWE is stale as hell but so is TNA. UFC is where it is at right now.
The Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 02:20 AM   #32
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Myth
Honestly TNA is no better then WWE right now, yes WWE is stale as hell but so is TNA. UFC is where it is at right now.
I agree ..The UFC is taking over that Wrestling fan base..TNA and WWE are not worth anyone's time!
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:22 AM   #33
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

TNA needs to get rid of that damn 6-sided ring. What a joke. I can't take them seriously with that circus ring. They need to go back to the traditional ring that everyone else uses. They could also do a better job at developing their own talent instead of pushing former WWE guys. It terms of Sports Entertainment, WWE is unmatched. All angles and promos from TNA come off very cheesy. Better actual wrestling matches? TNA has more wrestling but if I wanted to see some good wrestling matches, I rather watch ROH.

Oh and TNA has to be the lamest name for a promotion ever. Total-Nonstop Action?
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:30 PM   #34
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

6 sided ring.... you get used to it. lol, maybe 5 sides would be better.

WWE isn't all that entertaining anymore... only little children like a dumb leprachaun running around. Or maybe people who listen to stuff like soula boy, i dunno...

yeah that paul E shoot in 2001 was great conan, it was a worked shoot too but he meant everything he said 100% and he was right.

Screwston, yes TNA needs to a better job of developing their own talent instead of former WWE guys like team 3d and booker (but when you think about it... most of the wrestlers you see on TV have worked for wwe in some capacity), but look at how WWE is pushing their guys. HHH has buried more young talents than all the ex-wwe'ers in TNA combined! Carlito was used so poorly that he asked for his release. Kennedy, partly by fault of his own, has become completely flat, why those iditos brought him off smackdown is beyond me.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 03:11 PM   #35
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Charlie Sheen has decent reputationCharlie Sheen has decent reputation

tna artificially manufactures crowd noise into their arenas and broadcasts.
teh shrieking of tenay and west hurts my gosh darned ears.
the outsiders. (scott hall looked like he gained 20 pounds in his face)
kurt angle dominates the belt reminiscent of 3h.
literally no roster depth, injuries would cripple this show.
vkm and the dudleys aren't "fresh". they're tired wwe acts and totally contradicting the whole greater than wwe argument.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 03:15 PM   #36
MakeMeSomeFoodHo
Banned

MakeMeSomeFoodHo has an OK reputation so far

Where does professional wrestling rank on everyones white trash meter...I have it sandwiched between Nascar and bowling
MakeMeSomeFoodHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 04:06 PM   #37
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
tna artificially manufactures crowd noise into their arenas and broadcasts.'

So does WWE with Smackdown. Torrie Wilson gets louder pops than The Rock! Neither promotion does it for their live PPV's. TNA does have some real chanting, and it's good chanting, not like "you can't wrestle" or "tna tna tna" or "this is boring" for WWE live events.

teh shrieking of tenay and west hurts my gosh darned ears.

Good Lord they need to go. I can't stand Don West half the time. Anyone up for getting creamed?

the outsiders. (scott hall looked like he gained 20 pounds in his face)

Nash is fine as long as he's out of the ring. Hall..... well his punkass no showed and they got an outcome 1000x better than his lardy ass rolling around the ring.

kurt angle dominates the belt reminiscent of 3h.

Cena has it... (what % is 11/12?)... of the time. Batista has it as much as Angle does.

literally no roster depth, injuries would cripple this show.

Really? If so, not any more so than WWE. Or maybe you liked it during the suspensions and injuries of september when HHH squashed umaga with a gimmick sledgehammer every single night?

vkm and the dudleys aren't "fresh". they're tired wwe acts and totally contradicting the whole greater than wwe argument.

I'd say "and who said that?" but that would seem like me being an ass. Everyone agrees with that, and luckily VKM barely gets any TV time now. Their valet gets more time! Team 3D is still one of the top teams in wrestling, mind you that is saying nothing at all, hopefully they will starting jobbing more.

My comments in bold.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:07 PM   #38
OPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
This is a win-win for me it seems...

And before some dumbass smartass says I'm wrong because WWE has better ratings, well, you're wrong and an idiot. And a smartass, and a dumbass. Oh, and a dolt.

I'm not even expecting replies to this thread
You should probably just go ahead and leave anyway...

Since wrestiling is for hillbillies and all...
Old 12-06-2007, 07:11 PM   #39
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMeSomeFoodHo
Where does professional wrestling rank on everyones white trash meter...I have it sandwiched between Nascar and bowling

So the only kind of people who watch wrestling are uneducated white trash?
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:37 PM   #40
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPM
You should probably just go ahead and leave anyway...

Since wrestiling is for hillbillies and all...

Care to explain why you feel that way? I am breaking my own rule by responding to a retard, but I bet you can't answer that question in a manner befitting someone above 6th grade, so no harm will come of it.

(the harm would be you responding, you dolt, which you are doing if you see this. chump.)
Old 12-06-2007, 10:46 PM   #41
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Ah, I remember when we used to make fun of Diggs/Bourne for liking wrestling, but he always said "I don't even like it that much. I just used to follow it, that's all."
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:04 PM   #42
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

But I don't get it. I mean... go ahead and say it's for kids since it mostly is. It's one of those kids things I just never grew out of. But to say that the only people who watch it are kids or white trash? That's just lame.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:11 PM   #43
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMeSomeFoodHo

It's at the top of my list. At least Nascar and Bowling get covered by ESPN no matter how redneckish they are. Pro Wrestling isn't even a sport. It's a bunch of redneck men dressing up in tights for redneck boys to cheer on. Ridiculous.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:18 AM   #44
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
Ah, I remember when we used to make fun of Diggs/Bourne for liking wrestling, but he always said "I don't even like it that much. I just used to follow it, that's all."

I dont remember that too well. I like it more now than I did then. I didn't even know about TNA at that point, that's probably why.

TMOGE, explain why it's white trash. Where was WWE based? New York. Where is TNA based? Orlando. Where was ECW based? Philadelphia.

I guarentee you more rednecks watch football than wrestling. And baseball.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:42 AM   #45
gsxr1kryder
Decent playground baller

gsxr1kryder has an OK reputation so far

I personally prefer the WWE over TNA.
nothing bad to say about TNA, I just have never really gotten into it. I didn't like Christian or Angle when they were in the WWE, and they seem to be 2 of the big players on TNA.
plus with TNA, you get 1 night of wrestling per week ,which until the last couple months was only 1 hour. with WWE, you get 3 nights for a total of 5 hours.
gsxr1kryder is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: