Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-06-2007, 05:54 AM   #1
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Guy from "Super Size Me" finds Osama Bin Laden and Interviews him..

Quote:
Did Morgan Spurlock find Osama bin Laden?

15 minutes of footage shown at film fest sparks bidding war, speculation

Rumors are flying that filmmaker Morgan Spurlock of "Super Size Me" fame may have done what the United States government has failed to do for the last six years find Osama bin Laden.

The speculation first began at the Berlin International Film Festival in February, where Spurlock showed a select group of potential buyers 15 minutes of footage from his new documentary, "Where in the World Is Osama bin Laden?" The film follows Spurlock through the Middle East in his search for the elusive leader of al-Qaida. According to Slashfilm.com, The Weinstein Co. quickly snapped up the picture after seeing the clips.

Adding to the belief, Daniel Marracino, the film's director of photography, is quoted in Variety, saying of the movie, "We've definitely got the Holy Grail."

Whether this is just a genius publicity ploy or if Spurlock actually found bin Laden has yet to be revealed, but the answer should come next year, when the documentary is slated to premiere at the Sundance Film Festival.

Quote:
..allegedly the Weinstein's have dropped 25 million on Spurlock for the movie based on these 15 minutes alone. Now if this is true then it would be the MOTHER of all Documentaries and will have done what the ENTIRE U.S. Goverment couldn't or wouldn't do.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34982

uhmm has anyone else heard about this?
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:28 AM   #2
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Guy from "Super Size Me" finds Osama Bin Laden and Interviews him..

* sniffs around *

I think I smell something...

(bullshit)
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 01:19 PM   #3
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
* sniffs around *

I think I smell something...

(bullshit)
so did i...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22115291/
http://network.nationalpost.com/np/b...bin-laden.aspx
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article....&in_page_id=34

i kind of hope this is real
Old 12-06-2007, 03:52 PM   #4
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i don't think it's real, but if it is that's awesome! i either think bin laden is dead or the u.s. is hiding him secretly to keep the war going.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 03:55 PM   #5
OPM

OMG, if this IS real. Morgan Spurlock is my hero in life. I, myself, would be forever in debt to him. As would the rest of the U.S.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:16 PM   #6
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Isn't the reward for osama worth more than what they could ever profit?
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:10 PM   #7
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

If the Guy from "Super Size Me" died within the year or so and the documentary footage was lost forever, I wont be surprised one bit.

If not and this thing is the real deal, there is going to be a huge outrage. There isn't a word that can be used to signify how damaging this could be for bush and his gang.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #8
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wouldn't he be forced to turn the evidence over to the government if this was real?
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:16 PM   #9
YAWN
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
Wouldn't he be forced to turn the evidence over to the government if this was real?
its not evidence. its a documentary. if its real...he'll probably get in trouble for destroying the governments credibility
Old 12-06-2007, 10:24 PM   #10
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

oh my goodness. thats all I can say .

oh.. my... goodness.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:33 PM   #11
AceVenturaPetDet
Local High School Star

AceVenturaPetDet has an OK reputation so far

I talked to Spurlock and he was working on a documentary about taxi cab drivers and he interviewed several Osama,

and these are some of the Osama he interviewed,
1.Osama Bin Banging
2.Osama Bin Drinking
3.Osama Bin Looking
4. OSama Bin Pooping
5.Osama Bin Sodomized
6.Osama Bin Giving................oral
AceVenturaPetDet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:56 AM   #12
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Would it be treasonist if this guy really did find and interview Osama Bin Laden and didn't turn him in?
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:58 AM   #13
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Would it be treasonist if this guy really did find and interview Osama Bin Laden and didn't turn him in?

Well, in a certain way, kind of but he is a journalist in a sense and they have to keep confidentiality. Osama doesn't pose the kind of threat that, let's say, a mass murderer who has killed over 20 people poses.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:02 AM   #14
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

No... Osama only poses a threat that can take out large buildings and thousands of people...
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:03 AM   #15
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
No... Osama only poses a threat that can take out large buildings and thousands of people...

Osama himself isn't actually performing these acts. He just stands there and plays the role of leader. If Osama were to die or be killed, there would just be another person that would take over.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: