Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-07-2007, 02:19 PM   #1
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation
Default I still can't take Will Smith seriously as an actor

I've forever typecasted him. After all these years, I still look look at him as the Fresh Prince of Bel Air no matter what movie role he plays. Ali, Hitch, Pursuit of Happiness...I'll always look at him as the silly wise cracking nephew. Why is that? Is it because of cable tv constantly shoving "Bel Air" reruns down our throats, thus making it harder to erase the memories of his younger years?

I felt the same way about "Al Bundy" when he played the pragmatic reporter in "Blue Chips". I'm sitting their thinking "Hey, look at Al Bundy busting that coach's chops about illegal recruiting."
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:20 PM   #2
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation
Default Re: I still can't take Will Smith seriously as an actor

Al Bundy > Fresh Prince
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:26 PM   #3
j Fresh3
Banned

j Fresh3 has an OK reputation so far

Because that's who he is. He will always be the Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

And who is Al Bundy????
j Fresh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:32 PM   #4
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by j Fresh3

And who is Al Bundy????

I hope your not serious. One of the greatest shows ever.

But yea, when an actor/actress has a long successful series, its always hard for the audience to look at them at another role. You see these people as who they are on the tv and thats the personality you realte to them. Even when i see interviews of some actors, it throws me off because they are acting proper and not at all like their character. When i see al bundy, i think the same thing. Hes always gonna be the loser shoe salesman to me
ihatetimthomas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:47 PM   #5
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
I hope your not serious. One of the greatest shows ever.

But yea, when an actor/actress has a long successful series, its always hard for the audience to look at them at another role. You see these people as who they are on the tv and thats the personality you realte to them. Even when i see interviews of some actors, it throws me off because they are acting proper and not at all like their character. When i see al bundy, i think the same thing. Hes always gonna be the loser shoe salesman to me

the kid's 14. bet he wasn't even born during that show. can't hold that agaist him
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:49 PM   #6
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
the kid's 14. bet he wasn't even born during that show. can't hold that agaist him

They play it lik 5 times a day though
ihatetimthomas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:09 PM   #7
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
And who is Al Bundy????
kelly bundy's dad...

Al Bundy Quote's

Entertainment for the cave man was simple: Man kills food, woman burns it, giant pterodactyl swoops down, chases woman, woman falls in mud. A good laugh is had by all.

The opera isn't over until the last heterosexual falls asleep.

Sure selling shoes is fun. But behind the glamour, it's like any other minimum wage slow death.

I'm so hungry I can eat a vegetable
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:14 PM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
They play it lik 5 times a day though

What time? What channel?

I dont even know...and I was a big Love and Marriage fan. So its possible even if its still on TV to not be relevant enough for a kid to sit and watch. He probably watches BET Rap City, 106 and Park....sports and those reality tv shows that come on. I dunno...heck if you asked me to name more than 1 person from that show Eva is on...I'd fail. Never watched it. Just making a case here thats legit thats all. Dont argue cuz you cant win.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:16 PM   #9
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
What time? What channel?

I dont even know...and I was a big Love and Marriage fan. So its possible even if its still on TV to not be relevant enough for a kid to sit and watch. He probably watches BET Rap City, 106 and Park....sports and those reality tv shows that come on. I dunno...heck if you asked me to name more than 1 person from that show Eva is on...I'd fail. Never watched it. Just making a case here thats legit thats all. Dont argue cuz you cant win.

one of the best tv shows of all time Married with Children....the older shows are better than the ones they got out now......man I sound old hahaha......
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:17 PM   #10
pj24lal

pj24lal has an OK reputation so far

Know exactly whhat you mean, happens with loads of actors from TV series. Look at the entire Friends cast, they'll always be stuck to those characters.
pj24lal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:43 PM   #11
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Is it wrong I can sing the whole theme song to Married with children?
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 04:14 PM   #12
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
I've forever typecasted him. After all these years, I still look look at him as the Fresh Prince of Bel Air no matter what movie role he plays. Ali, Hitch, Pursuit of Happiness...I'll always look at him as the silly wise cracking nephew. Why is that? Is it because of cable tv constantly shoving "Bel Air" reruns down our throats, thus making it harder to erase the memories of his younger years?

I felt the same way about "Al Bundy" when he played the pragmatic reporter in "Blue Chips". I'm sitting their thinking "Hey, look at Al Bundy busting that coach's chops about illegal recruiting."

I agree. I will always view him as the "fresh prince" myself. At least he was able to move on to other things. What in the hell ever happened to Jaleel White (Urkel), Alfonso Ribiero (Carlton), Karyn Parsons (Hilary)? THOSE are TV characters who are forever typecasted and couldn't move on.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 04:36 PM   #13
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

To me, Will Smith will always remind me of Men in Black before Fresh Prince. I never watched Fresh Prince before I saw MIB. Hell, I never watched Fresh Prince until it came on The-N.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: