Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-07-2007, 07:38 PM   #1
apriorist
High School Starter

apriorist has an OK reputation so far
Default We don't need guns, huh?

Forget the racial element to the story. If even one witness on the scene had had a gun, this could have quickly been put to an end. Funny how people only talk about gun control when guns are used in a crime, but there's never a big discussion when people use- or could have used them- in self defense.

http://www.kmeg14.com/Global/story.a...av=menu609_2_1

BALTIMORE (AP) - Transit officials in Baltimore say they're investigating the beating of a white woman by nine black students on a city bus as a possible hate crime.

Sarah Kreager suffered broken facial bones and other injuries after she was punched, kicked and dragged off the bus Tuesday afternoon. Kreager's companion also was beaten, but not as severely.

The students -- three girls and six boys ages 14 to 15 -- have been charged with aggravated assault and destruction of property.

Transit police say evidence has not been found to support claims by the students' parents that Kreager or her companion provoked the attack by spitting or displaying a knife.

Officials say the students also are accused of menacing an elderly white passenger and assaulting the bus operator, a black man who defended the passenger.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
apriorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:50 PM   #2
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: We don't need guns, huh?

the only thing I would worry about would be the witness freaking out and firing rounds of bullets off in random directions. I personally feel that people should be allowed to carry handguns, but a thorough evaluation of that individual needs to be done beforehand to make damn sure that you aren't putting guns in the hands of lunatics.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:52 PM   #3
Selenium
Good High School Starter

Selenium is considered somewhat coolSelenium is considered somewhat cool

Non-lethal weapons could have been used in her defense as well, without the risk of anyone dying. I was recently hit with Oleoresin Capsicum spray(pepper spray), and that **** will **** you up. Depending on the concentration, a person isn't going to be much more capable of being a threat than if they were shot, and no one has to die. Same goes for tasers and other non-lethal weapons.
Selenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:58 PM   #4
Unreal Skill
Love me or Hate me

Unreal Skill has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenium
Non-lethal weapons could have been used in her defense as well, without the risk of anyone dying. I was recently hit with Oleoresin Capsicum spray(pepper spray), and that **** will **** you up. Depending on the concentration, a person isn't going to be much more capable of being a threat than if they were shot, and no one has to die. Same goes for tasers and other non-lethal weapons.

I agree but I have heard of stories of people dying from tasers.
Unreal Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:59 PM   #5
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

this is one of those things i read and wonder, how many people stood by and watched? guns don't fix situations like this, people standing up and doing what's right stops this kinda crap
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:20 PM   #6
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd like to just go live in Texas and carry a slung down pistol belt with a pearl-handled six-shooter.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:27 PM   #7
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
I'd like to just go live in Texas and carry a slung down pistol belt with a pearl-handled six-shooter.
if you do that you have to whistle the theme from the good the bad and the ugly
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:26 PM   #8
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Not sure guns are the root of the problem -although I'm sure they aren't the solution-.

American media is fucked up. Everytime I see american tv it's violence. And that's not only the news, but the tv shows as well.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:40 PM   #9
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

That's terrible these softbodied kids who , but how would guns help? Plus the idea that the world would be safer if everyone had a gun is hilarious to me. So we occasionally have shootings because 1 twisted mf'er gets his hands on a gun. Solution; give 1,000,000s of mf'ers guns. If that ever really happened, I would just stay in my house, even more than I already do now.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:49 PM   #10
K.Koscik
KobendLebronRBothGood

K.Koscik is a pretty well-respected posterK.Koscik is a pretty well-respected posterK.Koscik is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
That's terrible these softbodied kids who , but how would guns help? Plus the idea that the world would be safer if everyone had a gun is hilarious to me. So we occasionally have shootings because 1 twisted mf'er gets his hands on a gun. Solution; give 1,000,000s of mf'ers guns. If that ever really happened, I would just stay in my house, even more than I already do now.

Thats when the other 999,999 mf'ers with guns blow the **** outta the mf'er with a gun.
K.Koscik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:49 PM   #11
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

So true.

This reminds me of one of the most underrated Metallica songs...well it's kinda random, but the title of the song says it all. Metallica's most intense song ever.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xjlgUx7_aN0&feature=related
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:49 PM   #12
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Quote:

Agreed, I don't like people having guns in public, even if it is just to defend themselves.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:49 PM   #13
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The thread creator obviously is obviously a right wing moron who apparently thinks guns solve everything. Have you even read the 2nd amendment?
Quote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

You part of a militia? If not, then the 2nd amendment isn't meant for you.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:13 PM   #14
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Koscik
Thats when the other 999,999 mf'ers with guns blow the **** outta the mf'er with a gun.
So Xperson pulls a gun and shoots an innocent bystander, I see that and shoot him, what's to stop the next man who doesn't know the situation from thinking I'm about to go on a killing rampage and shooting me? Then someone shoots him, then someone shoots that person, then someone shoots that person.

We have trained law enforcement entrusted with that sort of power, and we can't even trust them to use it responsibly. To think the average American can be trusted is beyond moronic.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:20 PM   #15
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

yes we still don't need guns. Such things will happen and those kids will be prosecuted by the law. They will be punished as much as the law allows them. We should let the authorities handle the situation. That is why our taxes go towards maintaining governments, law enforcement officials. Otherwise no need to have cops or security or hell, an army.

Those individuals are there to protect us and in this situation, the guilty have been arrested adn will be prosecuted. If not, we need to change our laws such that such disturbed individuals are not let go free.

We can't have people carrying guns with them. There are times when you are driving or out visiting malls or doing things outside where you tend to get angry at someone else. You can't have a situation like the wild west or hell Iraq where everyone carries guns and shoots at will. Its just not part of a civilized society.

Look at that kid that shot 9 people at that mall recently. His family had guns. So many were taken from his home. He made good use of those guns eh?
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: