Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-07-2008, 09:11 PM   #31
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: InsideHoops Forum Guidelines, Search, Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
Now that you've revealed this, we'll be changing the number of posts it takes to reach this level

as long as i'm grandfathered in I don't care what you do :)
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:54 AM   #32
GOAT:MANU
banned

GOAT:MANU has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
Now that you've revealed this, we'll be changing the number of posts it takes to reach this level
don't put the number too high, cause i'm nearly there to change mine.....

Last edited by GOAT:MANU : 04-08-2008 at 08:57 AM.
GOAT:MANU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:56 AM   #33
Zak

Zak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT:MANU
don't put the number too high, cause i'm nearly there to change mine.....
Why would you want to change it, you have a very nice title.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:20 AM   #34
banned

well, for one reason, as everybody has the same right, so i guess that i can have the same right, if not, it will call "descrimination"...
Old 04-08-2008, 10:33 PM   #35
Wened
Banned

Wened has an OK reputation so far

Loosen up, will ya
Wened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:18 PM   #36
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
as long as i'm grandfathered in I don't care what you do :)

how u change ur "title" under ur nick name??? lamar doom
Old 04-09-2008, 01:18 PM   #37
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wened
Loosen up, will ya

hahah! banned, next time choose one less ugly avatar.....
Old 04-09-2008, 01:53 PM   #38
banned

can sb tell me how can i change my "title" under my nickname please???? anyone????
Old 04-10-2008, 05:21 PM   #39
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here
Default ATTN ADMIN: Learn how to use your forum software

I like the premise, and certainly the size of this community. And a vast majority of the threads are enjoyable, entertaining, and engaging.

But there are some members who I don't even need to name that have a somewhat spontaneous tendency to come in and monopolize a thread with rediculous posts.

For a little while you guys seemed to ban people who crossed the lines and took away the enjoyment from this forum, and then, quite suddenly, I guess you guys decided that it was simply too much work.

This is either extreme laziness or lack of knowlege. Managing blanket bans that would be effective against a person's IP or IP range are not difficult in vBulletin. I know this because I moderate ps3forums.com (as part of a team) where we also use vBulletin, with just as passionate and divided an audience which is actually even larger than this.

Even if you are not using IP bans, (due to people who use proxies etc.), the simple 30 second action of permabanning people who keep coming back creates more work for them than for you, since they need a new e-mail address to open every new account.

You either need to figure out how to use your IP bans, (and in the event someone uses a proxy, contact the manager of the proxy and threaten to block the whole proxy unless they deal with this user... that was quite effective for us at PS3Forums), or you need to enlist more help to stay on top of the trolls.

Theoretically this is a money making venture in which you build something of value and then use it to present advertising. These trolls are stealing that value. At some point, they steal enough value for the value equation to imbalance, causing people to visit less frequently... it happened at PS3Forums, (forcing us to change our strategy), it'll happen here.

Ignoring can only work for so long. It's like trying to carry an adult conversation with a kid at your elbow making snide remarks the whole time. You only put up with it for so long before you turn to the kid and tell them to shut their trap.

Please address this in some way. It isn't quite that bad yet, but if you continue to do nothing, it will be, and I'd really rather see this forum avoid that growing pain.

Last edited by JordanL : 04-10-2008 at 05:24 PM.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #40
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ATTN ADMIN: Learn how to use your forum software

f*ck off and die
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:30 PM   #41
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
f*ck off and die

Serious? You telling me that posters like e20dyl4n and Created Player are the pinacle of the community?
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:34 PM   #42
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanL
Serious? You telling me that posters like e20dyl4n and Created Player are the pinacle of the community?

I thought you would have got the joke. My bad, but admin usually tells people that when suggestions like this are expressed. They kinda (well one person) gets offended as to say you are telling him how to do his job, improve the site. The nerve of YOU. But to translate all of that, he'll just say "f*ck off and die".
Old 04-10-2008, 05:36 PM   #43
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
f*ck off and die
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:37 PM   #44
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX

Yo that made me choke on my Snapple Ice Tea. Damn!

WTH is "gobb insidehoops" in your google box?
Old 04-10-2008, 05:37 PM   #45
YAH trick YAH
Local High School Star

YAH trick YAH has decent reputationYAH trick YAH has decent reputation

Do MODS actually get paid for doing this?
YAH trick YAH is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: