Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-10-2008, 04:49 PM   #61
john_d
just read'n.

john_d has decent reputation
Default Re: ATTN ADMIN: Learn how to use your forum software

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanL
Mods don't even necessarily have to be paid. We aren't paid over at ps3forums, but we all do a great job there. Not perfect, but pretty good.
i guess ur right there... on my old forums we use to get a share of the monthly revenue. not suprising that they wouldn't be paid here, this is a relatively small forums compared to the big boys.

/me just like trolling around for funny comments :p
john_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:50 PM   #62
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

like shadow said, trolls are just a part of the ISH experience. you can choose to feed them or ignore them.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:57 PM   #63
bballog
Chamilitary Mang!!!

bballog has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
i earn a very lucrative salary to mod the grizzlies and nets forums.
you have the easiest job on the planet
bballog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:59 PM   #64
GOAT:MANU
banned

GOAT:MANU has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: InsideHoops Forum Guidelines, Search, Feedback

sorry, why u deleted my 3 stars Thread??? about intelligent women bball's fans????
GOAT:MANU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #65
NY Comeback
Banned

NY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I like the premise, and certainly the size of this community. And a vast majority of the threads are enjoyable, entertaining, and engaging.

But there are some members who I don't even need to name that have a somewhat spontaneous tendency to come in and monopolize a thread with rediculous posts.

For a little while you guys seemed to ban people who crossed the lines and took away the enjoyment from this forum, and then, quite suddenly, I guess you guys decided that it was simply too much work.

This is either extreme laziness or lack of knowlege. Managing blanket bans that would be effective against a person's IP or IP range are not difficult in vBulletin. I know this because I moderate ps3forums.com (as part of a team) where we also use vBulletin, with just as passionate and divided an audience which is actually even larger than this.

Even if you are not using IP bans, (due to people who use proxies etc.), the simple 30 second action of permabanning people who keep coming back creates more work for them than for you, since they need a new e-mail address to open every new account.

You either need to figure out how to use your IP bans, (and in the event someone uses a proxy, contact the manager of the proxy and threaten to block the whole proxy unless they deal with this user... that was quite effective for us at PS3Forums), or you need to enlist more help to stay on top of the trolls.

Theoretically this is a money making venture in which you build something of value and then use it to present advertising. These trolls are stealing that value. At some point, they steal enough value for the value equation to imbalance, causing people to visit less frequently... it happened at PS3Forums, (forcing us to change our strategy), it'll happen here.

Ignoring can only work for so long. It's like trying to carry an adult conversation with a kid at your elbow making snide remarks the whole time. You only put up with it for so long before you turn to the kid and tell them to shut their trap.

Please address this in some way. It isn't quite that bad yet, but if you continue to do nothing, it will be, and I'd really rather see this forum avoid that growing pain.
I agree man. There are way too many Trolls/idiots around here, ruining good threads, and discussions. It almost makes you not want to post. It seems like most of the mods are never on, either, and if they are, they're not doing anything. It's getting ridiculous.
NY Comeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:40 PM   #66
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT:MANU
can sb tell me how can i change my "title" under my nickname please???? anyone????

USER Control Panel- click on Edit Profile (on the left) and then scroll down a box you'll see Custom Title. fill in the blank with whatever you want
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:00 PM   #67
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
USER Control Panel- click on Edit Profile (on the left) and then scroll down a box you'll see Custom Title. fill in the blank with whatever you want

thank u bro, u're a nice person
Old 04-10-2008, 06:04 PM   #68
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Comeback
I agree man. There are way too many Trolls/idiots around here, ruining good threads, and discussions. It almost makes you not want to post. It seems like most of the mods are never on, either, and if they are, they're not doing anything. It's getting ridiculous.

I'm not sure, but I don't think mods ahve the ability to ban here.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:14 PM   #69
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I'm not sure, but I don't think mods ahve the ability to ban here.
no but they do have the ability to delete posts... yet the mindset here among some mods is to just ignore them and hope they go away...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:23 PM   #70
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX

I remember that. I was up until 2 in the morning refreshing the page (I can't remember the actual time, but it was pretty late).
Kungfro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:26 PM   #71
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Quote:
I like the premise, and certainly the size of this community. And a vast majority of the threads are enjoyable, entertaining, and engaging.

But there are some members who I don't even need to name that have a somewhat spontaneous tendency to come in and monopolize a thread with rediculous posts.

If you see it happen, please report the post, by clicking the red/white triangle on the left side of the screen near their username

They won't know you did it, unless they're a mod, and if their name isn't listed at the very bottom of the forum just assume they're not a mod.

Also, a lot of time there's a good discussion, and people let one bad post ruin teh discussion. Feel free to just not respond to a dumb comment, and instead respond to the thread's intelligent points. When 20 random fans are takling about something, there's bound to be one or two that are clueless
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:28 PM   #72
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Comeback

If someone is really trashing a discussion badly, please report the post, red/white triangle on the left side of the screen

They won't know you did it, unless you care to put 'reported' in the topic letting everyone know about it
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:32 PM   #73
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
If you see it happen, please report the post, by clicking the red/white triangle on the left side of the screen near their username

They won't know you did it, unless they're a mod, and if their name isn't listed at the very bottom of the forum just assume they're not a mod.

Also, a lot of time there's a good discussion, and people let one bad post ruin teh discussion. Feel free to just not respond to a dumb comment, and instead respond to the thread's intelligent points. When 20 random fans are takling about something, there's bound to be one or two that are clueless

Thank you for responding. I'll definitely be hitting the report button, but as a forum user and someone who's modded, I understand that there's two sides to every story, and some violations are better left untouched to let the conversation flow.

I just want to know that you guys were at least concerned with it, which I not do.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:21 PM   #74
Dwight_Howard12
Dwight Howard for MVP

Dwight_Howard12 has an OK reputation so far

Is there anyway to edit your topics title ??
Dwight_Howard12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:04 AM   #75
banned

please ban KIWI! he insults me everytime when i post( even i tried my best to work with my english)! I think he's against the foreigner poster here, ISH is for everyone, includ foreigners, so it's not funny to call foreigner idiot because we can't speak well english. he deserves to be banned for ever, what's the right for foreigner people?

Last edited by GOAT:MANU : 04-14-2008 at 11:58 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: