Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-19-2013, 02:48 AM   #946
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: How can we save ISH??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot

The best any one poster can do is ignore the trolls and stans, and continue your productive NBA talk

ye im 100% with you on that. I guess the thread names alone(not even gonna getting into the content)on the front page the past couple days made me want to speak up a bit. Regardless, i will always muster through and look for actual NBA discussions, usually held by the same quality posters. So props to all of them.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:50 AM   #947
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levity
ye im 100% with you on that. I guess the thread names alone(not even gonna getting into the content)on the front page the past couple days made me want to speak up a bit. Regardless, i will always muster through and look for actual NBA discussions, usually held by the same quality posters. So props to all of them.

This really isn't a new issue.... its just one that you're now getting frustrated with.

If you're willing to dig, the good talk is there. Just be proactive in not entering obvious troll/stan threads, and don't respond to people trying to derail good threads.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:06 AM   #948
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

I know exactly what to do! Anybody who doesn't like ISH anymore can gtfo and not create any more threads complaining!
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:09 AM   #949
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
I absolutely agree with you man. The mods are the only one who control this...
Just as an FYI, we have very little power on this forum. No issuing bans of any kind (perma or otherwise). Can't merge threads, either.

Basically, all mods can do is delete threads/posts. And, each time a new mod is added, they are diligent on trying to keep things in order for the first week or so, and then quickly find they are fighting a losing battle.

At this point, if I see a thread which deserves deletion, I'll remove it, but I don't patrol the forum. What's the point when a troll can just continue posting the same thread over and over and we have no power to stop them from doing so?

In other words, don't blame mods.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 01-19-2013 at 03:17 AM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:12 AM   #950
Budadiiii
Banned

Budadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Just as an FYI, we have very little power on this forum. No issuing bans of any kind (perma or otherwise). Can't merge threads, either.

Basically, all mods can do is delete threads/posts. And, each time a new mod is added, they are diligent on trying to keep things in order for the first week or so, and then quickly find they are fighting a losing battle.

At this point, if I see a thread which deserves deletion, I'll remove it, but I don't patrol the forum. What's the point when a troll can just continue reposing the same thread over and over and we have no power to stop them from doing so?

In other words, don't blame mods.
Ok, so Jeff is the only one who can control this.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:18 AM   #951
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

No until we get the power to suspend or ban people this isn't on us. We are limited in terms of what we can do. We can delete threads but that only does so much. Best bet is for the real posters who love talking about ball is ignore the trolls and use the ignore feature.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:20 AM   #952
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Ok, so Jeff is the only one who can control this.
If your goal is to have a moderated forum wherein people actually need to contribute something to remain, then yes... Jeff is the only one who can currently control it.

I can see both sides of the argument. On one hand, after games like last night -- specifically Lakers/Heat, LeBron/Kobe -- it is flat-out unbearable on here for a few days.

On the other side of the aisle, it really isn't this bad the vast majority of the time and the freedom given to posters on here can be a good thing in the right situations.

There have been instances in the past where Jeff has talked about giving us banning power, but it has never come to fruition... And I doubt it ever will.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:25 AM   #953
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Things have actually gotten worse since reps went away.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:51 AM   #954
Maestro33
Decent playground baller

Maestro33 has an OK reputation so far

To save ISH they should make it so 30 people have to approve a post before it goes to the board. If its got any merit whatsoever 30 people will surely see that and let it go up. If you suggest shit. It stays in the shitter.
Maestro33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:54 AM   #955
Magic bird
The Banner

Magic bird has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro33
To save ISH they should make it so 30 people have to approve a post before it goes to the board. If its got any merit whatsoever 30 people will surely see that and let it go up. If you suggest shit. It stays in the shitter.

Haters won't let good, Substantial posts go through but will allow useless threads.
Magic bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:52 AM   #956
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

La Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputation

jlauber/millwad might have had something to do with it. there were quite a few guys that went in those threads basically saying 'i'm done posting on here.'
don't get me wrong both those guys are very valid but they got deranged. I'm a rookie and here's a rookie mistake. when I first signed up on InsideHoops I made the mistake of thinking millwad was a worthless troll and I set him to ignore. well that was wrong, (altho why anyone in the world would be a rox fan...) he's got a lot of great points. But yeah.

but now instead of jlauber / millwad it's gone to kids posting gifs of kobe bryant getting beat up in the schoolyard.

Are these guys right here your heroes?

you could get away from the problem, or the different style if you prefer, by starting another forum with some kind of guidelines. And mods that can ditch threads or users. Kind of a hammer. "you are always welcome on ISH but this forum is the real NBA: No Boys Allowed. So you are banned back to the general user class."
Just like the NBA, with suspensions, thrown back to the D League or whatever.

That's pretty elitist but then it sounds like what you are looking for anyhow, better quality posts and less "clutter". Not to go all philosophical but I'm pretty well convinced that 30 years of political correctness has destroyed standards in a lot more ways than what you are talking about here.

And the fact is, elite means best.

Sounds to me like you are looking for the true NBA caliber. The teams we all love, the Sixers or the Bucks or Lakers - they select the best players in the world and no other player is allowed on that court. There's streetball, there's schoolyard hoops, there's other leagues all around the world - but if you want to play against the BEST, you want to BE the best.... you get into the NBA.

You could get the mods together, have them select their "teams" from some kinda way, and the rest of the world can still be on ISH... but just like the world can only watch the greatest on that NBA court.... the world can only watch that forum.

and you know you can still have that current NBA forum for days when you wanna goof around because that 's fun too!

edit: i just hope there's no math test where you have to prove you can figure out all those advanced stats like iEPG or "the stat that shows true shooting percentage on Tuesdays and Friday games" because I'd be banned certain sure. I dunno what all that is

I just gotta serious case of

Last edited by La Frescobaldi : 01-19-2013 at 08:00 AM.
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:58 AM   #957
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

I agree with this, so many trolls hanging around sorta makes you feel like trolling too. People troll back when they are being trolled, so its an endless cycle. The likes of Kenneth Griffin and Euroleague should be erased from the forum.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #958
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

La Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
I agree with this, so many trolls hanging around sorta makes you feel like trolling too. People troll back when they are being trolled, so its an endless cycle. The likes of Kenneth Griffin and Euroleague should be erased from the forum.
Euroleague actually has valid points when he gets out from under the bridge.
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #959
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here

I really have to clear up that millwad is not jlauber, and perpetuates that bullshit story because jlauber is not around. It's disgusting. Sure I thought he was a little delusional, but he was respectful and doesn't deserve some idiot romanticizing history for his own benefit.

Oh and the forum is be a bit trollier than usual, but let's be honest: grass is always greener on the other side. People just have nostalgia on this forum 100% of the time saying "things used to be better." Get over it and post. The more people complain the worst it'll get.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:19 AM   #960
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

STATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputation

Quote:

dis ni99a actin like he's not part of the problem and who the OP was adddressing

Westbrook a more athletic MJ right?
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: