Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-19-2008, 07:19 PM   #91
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Message board suggestions thread

more ip bans
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:19 PM   #92
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Modulate Me.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:20 PM   #93
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Honestly the only way to fix it is to ban the worst posters here. I'll start the list.

- Spurs groupie e20lyn or whatever
- the prophet
- Primal Fear

any other suggesstions?
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:20 PM   #94
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
Get rid of all the stupid posters who make zero sense.
That's going to be up to us posters to report those kinds of posts...
in the previous thread, it was made clear by jeff/steve that that is how the mods moderate the forum, as posters it will be up to us to police the boards...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:20 PM   #95
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

NBA Forum:

1. If a poster builds up a certain amount of reports, say 10 or so, they are IP banned (since it obviously takes a LOT to get a poster reported, I think tha means ones who get reported a lot deserve a harsh punishment).

2. More frequent-visiting mods. A lot of the mods you put in the NBA forum are never around anymore (ironically cuz it got so bad). Somone like Rainerbeachpoet or Theotyranosaurus (i have no idea what his name is between "theo" and "us"), or even I Seen Hippos

OTC:

1. Just 1-3 mods for when things get TOO out of hand. I know the OTC is basically self-policing cuz we run people out when they act up, but there are still some instances that call for a mod. Yes they'll be very easy going with their editing and banning cuz its the OTC, but still someone should have that power
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:21 PM   #96
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

I sent this PM before the Stro Swift stuff, but I guess I'll post it here.

A few suggestions for modding the NBA forum

Here's a few changes I would suggest in moderating the board:

1. Locking threads is better than merging or deleting them. The only thing merging really does is kill all the discussions, because there are simply too many threads merged and it becomes simply unreadable. Like in this merged thread link, while "Dirk > Kobe in the playoffs" and "PP was on bad teams, never cried and is now a champion; Kobe is a Loser" are both criticisms of Kobe, they're too different/specific to discuss in the same thread. Deleting also does the same thing obviously, kills the discussion. Locked threads though, are like a shining beacon of embarrassment, and serves as an example for other posters as something they shouldn't do. Just deleting or merging a thread doesn't really set an example, and the person who posted the crappy thread before is likely to start the same topic the next day.

2. This is pretty simple and should be obvious, but the people who post the same retread crap over and over, whether by starting a thread or derailing another, need to be reprimanded. Seems like the few bad posters that do get banned are only banned occasionally, they get to post their crap for months, and when they finally get banned it's just for a few days.

3. The explosm forums have a system where you can put a user in timeout for a bad post, and everyone can see it and see what the poster did wrong. Those forums are a bit over-moderated, but it's still a good idea. And if that's not possible, then crappy posts that are obviously meant to derail a good topic with Kobe talk or something else irrelevant should just be deleted, with the user getting a warning or ban.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:22 PM   #97
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

stroshow4 deserves to be a mod of the nba forum.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:23 PM   #98
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
NBA Forum:

1. If a poster builds up a certain amount of reports, say 10 or so, they are IP banned (since it obviously takes a LOT to get a poster reported, I think tha means ones who get reported a lot deserve a harsh punishment).

2. More frequent-visiting mods. A lot of the mods you put in the NBA forum are never around anymore (ironically cuz it got so bad). Somone like Rainerbeachpoet or Theotyranosaurus (i have no idea what his name is between "theo" and "us"), or even I Seen Hippos

OTC:

1. Just 1-3 mods for when things get TOO out of hand. I know the OTC is basically self-policing cuz we run people out when they act up, but there are still some instances that call for a mod. Yes they'll be very easy going with their editing and banning cuz its the OTC, but still someone should have that power

-100 REPUTATION POINTS FOR QUESTIONING MY EVENTUAL MODULATION.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:25 PM   #99
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
stroshow4 deserves to be a mod of the nba forum.
he would be great...

Quote:
-100 REPUTATION POINTS FOR QUESTIONING MY EVENTUAL MODULATION.
how do you check that? with a thermometer? when you hit 99.5 you're in full modulation and then you breed or something? i don't know much about hippos, i'm more a walrus guy
Old 06-19-2008, 07:25 PM   #100
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Enable the use of polls. There's so many threads that could benefit with a poll. Maybe only allow them in the NBA forum.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:26 PM   #101
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

I 3rd StroShow & 1st myself, and take one away from Hippos.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:26 PM   #102
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
That's going to be up to us posters to report those kinds of posts...
in the previous thread, it was made clear by jeff/steve that that is how the mods moderate the forum, as posters it will be up to us to police the boards...
I know... I knew other people then jeff/steve were reading this so maybe that regular posters get the idea of reporting them.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:29 PM   #103
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think I should be a mod for the NBA forums too. Sucks that I have to nominate myself but f*** it.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:33 PM   #104
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
I think I should be a mod for the NBA forums too. Sucks that I have to nominate myself but f*** it.
actually you would be good too...

let's ask for more mods, it places no strain on anyone but those that take the assignments and can only lead to better quality...
Old 06-19-2008, 07:34 PM   #105
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

You must have 500 posts in order to be able to post a new thread. It won't stop all the idiocy but it certainly would be a start.

I personally would also like to negative rep posters, but that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Enable the use of polls. There's so many threads that could benefit with a poll.

Yes, I agree with this.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: