Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > G League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

G League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum G League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 12-08-2007, 06:07 PM   #1
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Default Serbian international team?

Serbian team did not qualify for 2008 Olympics. They had 0-3 score at European Championship. Been defeated by Greece, Russia (won the championship) and Israel!? Serbia has many good players in NBA and big European clubs but has no medals (and wins) lately. Serbia few times was world, euro and olympic champion (gold medal last time in Indianapolis 2002). Scores lately are dissapointing but Serbia has bright future. Gold medals with U19 team on World Championship, U18 team on European Championship, U16 team on European Championship and another U16 medal on some tournament - ALL OF THESE MEDALS CAME THIS SUMMER!
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 02:38 PM   #2
simasu01
Decent playground baller

Default Re: Serbian international team?

the recent serbian players are thrash who have serious attitude problems. and when did serbia win the olympics? i think you are refering to yugoslavia which isnt just serbia it included slovenia croatia bosnia and some other countries
simasu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:41 PM   #3
la bomba
Local High School Star

Serbia will always be a powerful producer of great players as it is a basketballing nation.In the eurobasket they were missing 11 players.Croatia were also missing loads but not as many.This shows to me a total lack of commitment and as simas says an attitude problem.Personally I have no time for milicic after the what he said after their 3rd defeat in the eurobasket for those that don't know what I am talking about here is the link.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci3j3...eature=related.
I think he should have been heavily fined and banned from fiba comps for several years.On the bright side i saw serbia under 18 and under 16s this summer on tv.they did look to have great players like Macvan.will they turn up to be of the same commitment to the national team as radmanovic,stojakovic,rakocevic,pavlovic etc etc
For me the best balkan nation in terms of players produced for their size and population is slovenia.Imagine (leaving politics aside)how strong an old yugoslavia would be!!
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:45 PM   #4
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by simasu01
the recent serbian players are thrash who have serious attitude problems. and when did serbia win the olympics? i think you are refering to yugoslavia which isnt just serbia it included slovenia croatia bosnia and some other countries

That's probably right.
But Serbia had got best players in Yugoslavian team and I think that when they won Olympics in Yugoslavia were only Serbia and Montenegro. Slovenia, Croatia and Bosnia got independent about '91...
Old 12-12-2007, 12:54 PM   #5
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
Serbia will always be a powerful producer of great players as it is a basketballing nation.In the eurobasket they were missing 11 players.Croatia were also missing loads but not as many.This shows to me a total lack of commitment and as simas says an attitude problem.Personally I have no time for milicic after the what he said after their 3rd defeat in the eurobasket for those that don't know what I am talking about here is the link.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci3j3...eature=related.
I think he should have been heavily fined and banned from fiba comps for several years.On the bright side i saw serbia under 18 and under 16s this summer on tv.they did look to have great players like Macvan.will they turn up to be of the same commitment to the national team as radmanovic,stojakovic,rakocevic,pavlovic etc etc
For me the best balkan nation in terms of players produced for their size and population is slovenia.Imagine (leaving politics aside)how strong an old yugoslavia would be!!

Yeah, lack of commitment is a real problem, when they get money, they got interested only in makin' more money. I hope that that isn't going to hapened to young ones. U'll see me one day in Serbian team, now Im only 17 but already 7'1'', only problem is that I started playing basketball with 15! Experts say that I'm showing lots of potential and that I'm going to be complete player with 21-23 (better ever than never).

Old Yugoslavia would be problem even to USA (who, I think has the best team now).
Old 12-12-2007, 02:22 PM   #6
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
That's probably right.
But Serbia had got best players in Yugoslavian team and I think that when they won Olympics in Yugoslavia were only Serbia and Montenegro. Slovenia, Croatia and Bosnia got independent about '91...

First, they only won the Olympics in 1980 in Moscow. And by then not really the best players (historically) were serbian. Those guys were led by Mirza Delibasic and Drazen Dalipagic, both from Bosnia and probably two of the best yugoslavian players ever. Then you have Drazen Petrovic, Toni Kukoc, Dino Radja in the 80s, all from Croatia, with mainly Divac as the only serbian in the team at the same level that those 3.
They were not allowed to participate in Barcelona'92 but Croatia earned the silver medal with the same core (Petrovic, Kukoc, Radja).

Then in Atlanta'96 Yugoslavia came back (basically it was Serbia&Montenegro, I think) with Djordjevic, Bodiroga, Rebraca and Danilovic to win a new silver. They also had Zoran Savic playing with them although he was born in Bosnia.

So if you look througout the olympics history, you can see that the big stars were usually from outside Serbia, except for a very few cases. However, Serbia had, has and will always have a lot of excellent players. But with the bad attitude as said above they are digging their own grave. Hopefully the new generations that are showing their incredible potential in the youth championships will arrive with the old-times winning attitude instead of everyone wanting to be the star.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:51 PM   #7
simasu01
Decent playground baller

that just proved my point made earlier
simasu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:07 PM   #8
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Yeah, lack of commitment is a real problem, when they get money, they got interested only in makin' more money. I hope that that isn't going to hapened to young ones. U'll see me one day in Serbian team, now Im only 17 but already 7'1'', only problem is that I started playing basketball with 15! Experts say that I'm showing lots of potential and that I'm going to be complete player with 21-23 (better ever than never).

Old Yugoslavia would be problem even to USA (who, I think has the best team now).
Who do you play for?are you a good outside shooter?most serbian big guys can shoot.I like Erceg,he is serbian isn't he?and Labovic another Zeleznik player ,atleast last year they were.Are they still at Zeleznik?I hope it all goes well for you.I wish I was taller I play but i am only 6'2. 6'7 would have been ideal for me!lol
Old 12-13-2007, 05:56 PM   #9
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Who do you play for?are you a good outside shooter?most serbian big guys can shoot.I like Erceg,he is serbian isn't he?and Labovic another Zeleznik player ,atleast last year they were.Are they still at Zeleznik?I hope it all goes well for you.I wish I was taller I play but i am only 6'2. 6'7 would have been ideal for me!lol

I play for Sport-key from Novi Sad, weak team but affiliate of BC Partizan Belgrade. U can see me at this link http://www.sport-key.com/igraci_karton.php?id=30. I'm good outside shooter. My game is simillar to Erceg's (he is Serbian). Erceg and Labovic are still in Zeleznik, Erceg was not picked on this year's draft and Labovic will apply for 2008 draft probably...
Where are you from? Spain?
Old 12-13-2007, 07:54 PM   #10
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
I play for Sport-key from Novi Sad, weak team but affiliate of BC Partizan Belgrade. U can see me at this link http://www.sport-key.com/igraci_karton.php?id=30. I'm good outside shooter. My game is simillar to Erceg's (he is Serbian). Erceg and Labovic are still in Zeleznik, Erceg was not picked on this year's draft and Labovic will apply for 2008 draft probably...
Where are you from? Spain?
Scotland but originally from Gibraltar so grew up watching spanish basketball.
I saw barca play partizan today on tv.Not a good game from partizan ,barca closed down Pekovic really well.I'll definately check out the video.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:01 PM   #11
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Scotland but originally from Gibraltar so grew up watching spanish basketball.
I saw barca play partizan today on tv.Not a good game from partizan ,barca closed down Pekovic really well.I'll definately check out the video.

Partizan without Pekovic can't do nothing.
And that's not a video. I'll record some my videos and send them to youtube, but here in Serbia is winter and it's pretty cold so I'll wait untill spring or summer.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: