Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 12-14-2007, 12:10 PM   #16
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Frustrated Grizz Fan

We should win, show why Gasol is above Kaman in the All Star votes.

I'm a fan of Gay, but it's very annoying that he seems to be the number 1 at this moment, no way in hell should he be above Gasol, absolutely no f'ing way. Gasol should be the number one option, feed it inside and play from the inside out, not only do become more effective as a team but you increase your chances of winning.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:20 PM   #17
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
What is wrong with this team? I haven't watched any Griz games this season so I wouldn't know. I was so high on the additions of Darko, Conley and JCN and I hoped the Griz would fight for the 8th seed in the west. Instead they suck so bad in the W/L department.

This entire part made me chuckle...
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:41 AM   #18
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

The Grizz won against the Magic last night but not without defense or with Gasol but with a ridiculous amount of 3pt shots and free throws.

Hopefully Gasol comes back and the team gets a morale boost from this win.

JCN is playing beyond anyones expectations. Hopefully him and Gasol stick around for another year with Conley developing and starting.

Apparently Warrick is on the trading block. I don't know why and if anyone could explain that to me then I'd be grateful.

Damon has worn out his welcome. Let's trade him now when a lot of teams (Cavs, Kings, Heat) are looking for point guards. Or he could just rot on the IR. I don't care as long as he doesn't play.

Next year it should be..

C - Darko / Swift
PF - Gasol
SF - Gay
SG - Miller / Kinsey
PG - Conley / Lowry

I just don't get why they're trying to trade Warrick. We are pretty thin up front.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 04:58 AM   #19
GoldMedallist
Great young streetballer

GoldMedallist has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
JCN is playing beyond anyones expectations. Hopefully him and Gasol stick around for another year with Conley developing and starting.

Apparently Warrick is on the trading block. I don't know why and if anyone could explain that to me then I'd be grateful.

Damon has worn out his welcome. Let's trade him now when a lot of teams (Cavs, Kings, Heat) are looking for point guards. Or he could just rot on the IR. I don't care as long as he doesn't play.

Next year it should be..

C - Darko / Swift
PF - Gasol
SF - Gay
SG - Miller / Kinsey
PG - Conley / Lowry

It's a bit funny you say Navarro is playing above your expectations, and then you leave him out of your roster. But JCN is not playing above MY expectations. I think he can do better, actually, and I have seen him playing for years.

And the team will need another big man (and not Swift, of course) and a good replacement for Gay. But if the team really want to keep playing this style, Gasol will be traded, sooner or later.
GoldMedallist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:14 PM   #20
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

I'm not quite sure Navarro will remain in Memphis next year. If he continues playing like he is doing, he's gonna get a lot of hype in the league. Several teams are lacking a pure shooter like him and he could get a big contract in the off season.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:12 AM   #21
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMedallist
It's a bit funny you say Navarro is playing above your expectations, and then you leave him out of your roster. But JCN is not playing above MY expectations. I think he can do better, actually, and I have seen him playing for years.

And the team will need another big man (and not Swift, of course) and a good replacement for Gay. But if the team really want to keep playing this style, Gasol will be traded, sooner or later.

Hehe I kinda left out on JCN on the roster. That being said, we lost again last night with GS dropping 120+ on us. Really sad defense compared to our teams 3-5 years ago.

I do not like the way this team plays. I do not like the way Gasol plays on this team.

I hope Gasol, Miller, and JCN get traded to contenders in exchange for young gunners. Then Iavaroni could get his wet dream of Gay. They deserve each other.

I can't believe Iavaroni would go out of limb to convince Gasol to stay in the team and then not make him the #1 option or even install a system which befits Gasol. A system like Indiana would work wonders for him.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:21 AM   #22
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
I hope Gasol, Miller, and JCN get traded to contenders in exchange for young gunners. Then Iavaroni could get his wet dream of Gay. They deserve each other.

Sadly, I think that's the most viable way ahead for Memphis. Both Pau and Mike are valuable trade pieces now and in the off-season. Navarro is currently just a filler (hell, he is earning 500k$!), so Memphis would have to sign-and-trade him in the summer to get something useful in return.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:27 AM   #23
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow so much hate for Gay. Right now he's a better player than Gasol. Gasol just is not 100% healthy.. When he gets healthy I expect him to be back to normal though.

Btw your coach is a GREAT big man coach and it will benefit Gasol/Darko in the long run.

I could understand you guys wanting Gasol to be the #1 option if he was healthy and Gay wasn't being efficent but that's not the case. Just try and relax and hope the rotation gets settled so you guys can move forward this next year
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:47 AM   #24
GoldMedallist
Great young streetballer

GoldMedallist has an OK reputation so far

Emm, guys.

JCN is not a restricted free agent, but a free agent. He signed for one year, and then he is free to go, if he wants. So I don't really JCN agree with a sign-and-trade, cause he can go to any team he wants when the season finish.
GoldMedallist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:00 AM   #25
berraco
Darko The Ripper

I don't think it is hate for Gay. I'm loving the way the kid is playing and improving. For me the problem is that with the current system neither Gasol nor Darko feel comfortable. They are not getting touches. There are very few teams in the leaghe that have a pair of skilled bigs like Memphis has and I get the impression they are being wasted. Which is very frustrating.
You're right that Gasol is not 100% healthy and also Darko is injured again, but I don't have the feeling things will improve when they will be fully recovered because the system will remain. hopefully I'm wrong.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:07 AM   #26
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMedallist
Emm, guys.

JCN is not a restricted free agent, but a free agent. He signed for one year, and then he is free to go, if he wants. So I don't really JCN agree with a sign-and-trade, cause he can go to any team he wants when the season finish.

Yeah, I know, I was just calling out the best case for Memphis.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:01 AM   #27
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Quote:
Originally Posted by berraco
I don't think it is hate for Gay. I'm loving the way the kid is playing and improving. For me the problem is that with the current system neither Gasol nor Darko feel comfortable. They are not getting touches. There are very few teams in the leaghe that have a pair of skilled bigs like Memphis has and I get the impression they are being wasted. Which is very frustrating.
You're right that Gasol is not 100% healthy and also Darko is injured again, but I don't have the feeling things will improve when they will be fully recovered because the system will remain. hopefully I'm wrong.

spot on
Old 12-19-2007, 12:26 PM   #28
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

I feel like a broken record.We have no driver for this car.We have no point.If you had a good guard on this squad.Things would be alot different.Infact we havent had a solid point since j-wil.Yeah I know he was a head case.But he knew how to get the ball to the best option.Damon needs to go he is old and has a shoot first mind.Lowry can not pass effectively.He forces everything it seems like.It sweems like this run and gun tyle is being forced.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:36 AM   #29
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Did anybody see the game last night? How did it go? I see we held the spurs under 90 which is good, and I really glad we pulled out a win eventhough we choked big time on the 4th.

Was our defense any good? Who was guarding TD? I guess we were very lucky that Parker didn't play, no one in the roster can stay in front of him.

Does anybody have a timeline when Gasol is coming back?
Old 12-20-2007, 12:30 PM   #30
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I didn't see the game either so I can't comment on it much. But I see we beat the best team in the NBA without our best player and they had their's. Defense on our part must of been played pretty well.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: