Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-09-2007, 06:38 PM   #16
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: If the knicks were to blow up the roster what would your team be interested in?

I'd bring Jerome James, Eddy Curry, and Zack Randolph onto my team.

Not to play - I would use them for hot dog eating contests during halftime. Marketing, baby....
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:40 PM   #17
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: If the knicks were to blow up the roster what would your team be interested in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
they have a nice team bus.. that could come in handy

but we would then have to give up the Laker team bus.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:44 PM   #18
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

if they really blow up the knicks, please give me all that remains of zach and eddy. we might be able to combine them and make one nice player.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:45 PM   #19
j Fresh3
Banned

j Fresh3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
I'd bring Jerome James, Eddy Curry, and Zack Randolph onto my team.

Not to play - I would use them for hot dog eating contests during halftime. Marketing, baby....

:

ROFL!

Good stuff... that's about all they can do... score and eat.
j Fresh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:27 PM   #20
32MJ32
PG, Boonville Jerkoffs

32MJ32 has decent reputation

David Lee and Crawford.

If the Knicks "blew up" their team, would they be trading guys or buying them out? If they were trading dudes on the cheap, I'd move Kwame (expirer) for Lee and Crawford plus whatever it took to make it work under the cap (Randolph Morris?)

Lee's a great energy and hustle guy. Shoots a good %. Reminds of Horace Grant. He'd start at the 4. Crawford I'd have coming off the bench to score with the 2nd unit. I know he's considered a chucker.. and he kind of is.. but if he was given a sixth man role to come out and throw up shots, I think he'd be pretty effective, kinda like Barbosa. He's a heck of a scorer.
32MJ32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:28 PM   #21
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32MJ32
David Lee and Crawford.

If the Knicks "blew up" their team, would they be trading guys or buying them out? If they were trading dudes on the cheap, I'd move Kwame (expirer) for Lee and Crawford plus whatever it took to make it work under the cap (Randolph Morris?)

Lee's a great energy and hustle guy. Shoots a good %. Reminds of Horace Grant. He'd start at the 4. Crawford I'd have coming off the bench to score with the 2nd unit. I know he's considered a chucker.. and he kind of is.. but if he was given a sixth man role to come out and throw up shots, I think he'd be pretty effective, kinda like Barbosa. He's a heck of a scorer.
you'd have to pick up james in that deal and throw in something good, or a draft pick.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:41 PM   #22
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Code:
NUM PLAYER POS HT WT DOB FROM YRS 32 Renaldo Balkman F 6-8 208 07/14/1984 South Carolina 1 21 Wilson Chandler F 6-8 220 05/10/1987 DePaul R 20 Jared Jeffries F 6-11 240 11/25/1981 Indiana 5 42 David Lee F 6-9 240 04/29/1983 Florida 2 5 Randolph Morris C 6-11 260 01/02/1986 Kentucky 1 50 Zach Randolph F 6-9 260 07/16/1981 Michigan State 6
these are all the players I would be interested in. Not sure about contract # or lengths. Most of the other players I wasnt interested in because of contract (crawford, curry, james, marbury, q, rose, jones), deficiency in imp aspect of game (Curry, mardy collins, robinson), or I dont like their style of play (marbury (love his shoes though), robinson)

Not too sure about jeffries, I thought he looked great playing that 2-5 substitute role for different looks on the wiz(reminded me of Timmy Thomas when he was 6th man extraordinare on those bad ass Bucks teams)
Id give randolph morris a look.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:47 PM   #23
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
you'd have to pick up james in that deal and throw in something good, or a draft pick.
No they wouldn't. Kwame's contract is EXACTLY what the Knicks need right now. They should be willing to trade anyone with a contract that does not end this year for anyone that has a contract that does end this year. As long as the salaries work out, it is a no brainer. Anyone that says they should be only trade if they get equal value is crazy. Shorter contracts with equal salaries is better than equal value for the Knicks right now.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:56 PM   #24
usdmef9
Celtics-Bears-Dodgers

usdmef9 has an OK reputation so far

I would trade quite a bit for David Lee and I would love to have Renaldo Balkman aswell.
usdmef9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:17 PM   #25
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by usdmef9
I would trade quite a bit for David Lee and I would love to have Renaldo Balkman aswell.

If the Celtics had David Lee and Renaldo Balkman, their chances to win a championship would soar.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:19 PM   #26
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
No they wouldn't. Kwame's contract is EXACTLY what the Knicks need right now. They should be willing to trade anyone with a contract that does not end this year for anyone that has a contract that does end this year. As long as the salaries work out, it is a no brainer. Anyone that says they should be only trade if they get equal value is crazy. Shorter contracts with equal salaries is better than equal value for the Knicks right now.
we're talking about david lee and crawford, probably the easiest players to trade on this team.
no way i give up david lee for an expirer unless it's a huge contract.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:34 PM   #27
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
we're talking about david lee and crawford, probably the easiest players to trade on this team.
no way i give up david lee for an expirer unless it's a huge contract.
Exactly. Kwame's contract would be perfect.

If I were the Knicks, I would keep Lee and Curry. The rest of the squad should be put in a garage sale and dumped for shorter contracts. Since salaries need to match, then shorter contracts make almost any trade worth it. I would try to use Crawford and Randolph (as well as Curry if necessary) as the main players in trades, while forcing the other contracts into the trades. As long as the contracts come back shorter, it is worth it.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:36 PM   #28
CelticsFan34
Kids at the park dunk on me

CelticsFan34 has an OK reputation so far

Randolph, Curry, Stephon, Crawford.
CelticsFan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:37 PM   #29
CelticsFan34
Kids at the park dunk on me

CelticsFan34 has an OK reputation so far

for nothing more than Scalabrine and a 2nd rounder.
CelticsFan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:44 PM   #30
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

I would take David Lee.

If my team (Raptors) wasn't so stacked at the point I might take a chance on Nate and see if he could develop into a energy/defense Point off the bench. If he matured a a lot, and improved his ability to read the floor, he could be a very effective player in short bursts.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: