Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-10-2007, 03:47 PM   #31
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: If the knicks were to blow up the roster what would your team be interested in?

David Lee is exactly what the Bobcats need.

But obviously this is about players like Marbury, Curry, Randolph, Crawford. Nobody wants that garbage, unless you can send your own in return. And that is not the idea.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:03 PM   #32
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: If the knicks were to blow up the roster what would your team be interested in?

david lee and maybe balkman
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:17 PM   #33
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
After they fire isiah (couldn't fit that in the title)

as a fan of your team what players would you want and what would you be willing to give up?

Code:
NUM PLAYER POS HT WT DOB FROM YRS 32 Renaldo Balkman F 6-8 208 07/14/1984 South Carolina 1 21 Wilson Chandler F 6-8 220 05/10/1987 DePaul R 25 Mardy Collins G 6-6 220 08/04/1984 Temple 1 11 Jamal Crawford G 6-5 200 03/20/1980 Michigan 7 34 Eddy Curry C 6-11 285 12/05/1982 Thornwood HS (IL) 6 13 Jerome James F-C 7-1 285 11/17/1975 Florida A&M 7 20 Jared Jeffries F 6-11 240 11/25/1981 Indiana 5 2 Fred Jones G 6-2 225 03/11/1979 Oregon 5 42 David Lee F 6-9 240 04/29/1983 Florida 2 3 Stephon Marbury G 6-2 205 02/20/1977 Georgia Tech 11 5 Randolph Morris C 6-11 260 01/02/1986 Kentucky 1 50 Zach Randolph F 6-9 260 07/16/1981 Michigan State 6 23 Quentin Richardson F-G 6-6 235 04/13/1980 DePaul 7 4 Nate Robinson G 5-9 180 05/31/1984 Washington 2 31 Malik Rose F 6-7 255 11/23/1974 Drexel 11

I don't really have a favorite team, although my hometown team is the Bulls so I guess I could relate it to them, but only there are only two players that would fit in, Balkman & Lee. I like Crawford, but he was dumped because he doesn't fit the style there. Everyone else? Throw 'em in the garbage.

Balkman: I have a soft spot for hustle players. You can teach a hustle player to shoot, dribble and pass, but you can't teach a great scorer, great ball handler, or great passer how to hustle.

Chandler: Might break out, might be a bust. Depends on the team he goes to.

Collins: See Chandler.

Crawford: Chucker. I like him, but he'll shoot and iso you right out of games.

Curry: I laughed my ass off the day that Chicago got rid of him. Hell, the trade could've come with a punch in the face from Mike Tyson and I would've smiled and taken it with glee. After spitting a tooth or two out, I'd point and laugh like Nelson from the Simpsons. "Ha ha!" Fat and lazy, he makes you invent a word to describe him: Unmotivateable. He could easily be a dominant center, and as much as people get on him for his rebounding, it would be completely forgivable if he just gave a sh*t about it and tried. I love what Skiles said when asked what he could do to be a better rebounder: "Jump."

James: Someone was going to overpay him after what he did, the size he brings to the table, and the potential he could've grown into. The Knicks bought into it was all. At least it was a team that could afford to absorb his uselessness/contract.

Jeffries: Just another in a long line of IU players stinking up the NBA. He's tall, so that's something.

Jones: Athletic with the basketball IQ of a brick.

Lee: See Balkman

Marbury: My feelings on Steph are pretty well known. I'm just glad to see it all coming back to haunt him. I love it when people who place themselves on pedestals get knocked back down to reality.

Morris: So much for the bargain find. But, he's young and has only been around a little while, he could still do something somewhere, but with examples like Curry, James and Randolph around, he might already be a lost cause. "See? This is how you cash a check. Yep, that's all you've got to do."

Randolph: Much like Marbury, I love it when reality comes crashing down. "He's worth 20 and 10!" yeah, and he gets it in the worst possible way. There is absolutely no coincidence that Portland looks this good after dumping Randolph. He's like a condensed, low-post only version of Antoine Walker.

Richardson: I like Q, but let's face it, injuries are going to limit what he does for the rest of his career. It's not over, he's not useless by any means, but he's also not the player he used to be and never will be again.

Robinson: I love the fact that he's so small, yet plays with so much heart, he just needs to play smarter. I don't like that he's a little punk though, but oh well.

Rose: Old and too small to do anything anyway. Might be a good locker room presence somewhere, but what is he really going to add to any team?

If they worked hard and worked together, this team might do something, but individually and collectively they are a very poor group of team players. Too many chuckers, too many underachievers, and too many egos without much in the way of tradeable assets. You can only hope that someone gets desperate or someone wants expirers.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:34 PM   #34
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would actually be interested in Stephon Marbury and David Lee. Yes, I know the Rockets seem overloaded with guards, but with shooting guards, not point guards, and Marbury would fit that role perfectly.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:35 PM   #35
usdmef9
Celtics-Bears-Dodgers

usdmef9 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
I would actually be interested in Stephon Marbury and David Lee. Yes, I know the Rockets seem overloaded with guards, but with shooting guards, not point guards, and Marbury would fit that role perfectly.

I thought it was the otherway around and they had too many point guards, no?
usdmef9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:42 PM   #36
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You would have to assume that if you seperated some of these guys, they would inevitable develop better habits as individuals and basketball players. Yeah, some are career losers, but many are products of being in the wrong enviroment. An environment that doesn't foster growth in any sort of capacity. Put a couple of these guys on the SPurs, for example, and I think you would see them conform to the businesslike atmosphere of that locker room and end up doing well, but that Knicks situation is just poisonous for everyone involved.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:44 PM   #37
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
You would have to assume that if you seperated some of these guys, they would inevitable develop better habits as individuals and basketball players. Yeah, some are career losers, but many are products of being in the wrong enviroment. An environment that doesn't foster growth in any sort of capacity. Put a couple of these guys on the SPurs, for example, and I think you would see them conform to the businesslike atmosphere of that locker room and end up doing well, but that Knicks situation is just poisonous for everyone involved.
pretty much

a lot of these guys could help teams out but they're not working together and look like trash right now.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:44 PM   #38
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Eddy Curry and David Lee. Renaldo Balkman and Nate Robinson to a lesser extent.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:47 PM   #39
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by usdmef9
I thought it was the otherway around and they had too many point guards, no?

Steve Francis and Mike James (boot in Luther Head as well) aren't really pure point guards, the only one IMO is Rafer Alston, and last night really demonstrateded what Alston's importance to the team was when the Rockets lost to the Raptors.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:48 PM   #40
j Fresh3
Banned

j Fresh3 has an OK reputation so far

j Fresh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:18 PM   #41
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981

With some, sure, but as we've already seen it doesn't matter -where- you put Marbury, he's the same pain in the ass everywhere he goes. You can put him on the Spurs right now and he'll start griping that he's backing up Parker, that he isn't playing like "Starbury" because he has to feed the post or play a team game. He is the main cause of a poor team environment on -every- team he's been on. Curry doesn't have any good habits, he's not going to suddenly "get it" on another team. He -had- an environment that fostered growth and development and railed against it. Randolph is the same way as Curry, take a look at Portland right now, that's a developing environment, and he was one of the biggest obstacles in the way of what they wanted to do.

I thought Larry Brown was a great coach for Nate Robinson, because he was able to work with Allen Iverson, who could've easily been a coach killer. They didn't always get along, but both of them learned a lot from each other and both became better at what they did because of it. I think if Brown had been able to do more with Robinson over the span of a few years, it would've been really good for him. There are plenty of coaches that could do the same though, and it'd be nice if he could get that chance.

Crawford is a chucker and he's seen some success chucking, so he's going to continue to do just that. Maybe in his last few years, he could be successful on a team like the Spurs, but not just yet. He needs to mature his game a bit more first.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:13 PM   #42
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

If I were to blow this team up, these would by my deals:

NYK Trade:

Jamal Crawford
Jared Jeffries

for

Cleveland Trades:

Eric Snow
Donyell Marshall

-Snow and Marshall will be expirers next year, while Cleveland gets a good 6th man that can score and a decent defender.

NYK trade:

Zach Randolph

for

Lakers Trade:

Kwame Brown
Vlad Radmonovic

-Lakers get a legitimate post threat and maybe it could show that the lakers are trying to win now.

Knicks are left with:

PG:Marbury/Collins
SG:Q-Rich/Nate Robinson
SF:Balkman/Vlad
PF:Lee/Morris
C: Curry/Rose

I would actually keep Curry because 9 million a year for a player then can get you 16 points in the paint on a high percentage is a bargain. Let Marbury's contract expire, unless you get a deal like Seattle got for Kurt Thomas or what the knicks did with Jalen Rose.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:21 PM   #43
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

crawford if he was cheaper, jones as a backups sg, and definitely lee.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:23 PM   #44
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
If I were to blow this team up, these would by my deals:

NYK Trade:

Jamal Crawford
Jared Jeffries

for

Cleveland Trades:

Eric Snow
Donyell Marshall

-Snow and Marshall will be expirers next year, while Cleveland gets a good 6th man that can score and a decent defender.

NYK trade:

Zach Randolph

for

Lakers Trade:

Kwame Brown
Vlad Radmonovic

-Lakers get a legitimate post threat and maybe it could show that the lakers are trying to win now.

Knicks are left with:

PG:Marbury/Collins
SG:Q-Rich/Nate Robinson
SF:Balkman/Vlad
PF:Lee/Morris
C: Curry/Rose

I would actually keep Curry because 9 million a year for a player then can get you 16 points in the paint on a high percentage is a bargain. Let Marbury's contract expire, unless you get a deal like Seattle got for Kurt Thomas or what the knicks did with Jalen Rose.

Keep in mind that there would -have- to be some serious draft pick considerations if New York blew this team up. One thing that everyone can agree on is that Isiah drafts well, he just doesn't do anything else very well. If they blow this team up, they're not going to do it without getting draft picks. What does Cleveland have to offer with draft picks? Not much. And if they get all of these good players from the Knicks while getting absolute garbage and expirers in return, those draft picks won't be worth as much.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:27 PM   #45
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenRawley
Keep in mind that there would -have- to be some serious draft pick considerations if New York blew this team up. One thing that everyone can agree on is that Isiah drafts well, he just doesn't do anything else very well. If they blow this team up, they're not going to do it without getting draft picks. What does Cleveland have to offer with draft picks? Not much. And if they get all of these good players from the Knicks while getting absolute garbage and expirers in return, those draft picks won't be worth as much.

I'm seriously at the point where I don't really care if we would get draft picks. We already have a bunch of young players that need more playing time as it is (Randolph, Nate, Collins, Lee, Morris). What the Knicks need is to draft a superstar by tanking and getting in the lottery and get lucky. I don't watch college basketball, but players like Eric Gordon, OJ Mayo, Beasley and etc are getting major hype.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: