Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-10-2007, 10:27 PM   #46
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: If the knicks were to blow up the roster what would your team be interested in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenRawley
Keep in mind that there would -have- to be some serious draft pick considerations if New York blew this team up. One thing that everyone can agree on is that Isiah drafts well, he just doesn't do anything else very well. If they blow this team up, they're not going to do it without getting draft picks. What does Cleveland have to offer with draft picks? Not much. And if they get all of these good players from the Knicks while getting absolute garbage and expirers in return, those draft picks won't be worth as much.

I agree. Isiah needs to trade these players for draft picks from teams that are trying to rebuild. Next year, Marbury will be one of the most sought after contracts because his contract expires. We can get some pretty good picks from rebuilding teams and some new players.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:35 PM   #47
bagelred
Weird

Default Re: If the knicks were to blow up the roster what would your team be interested in?

Honestly, all the players on the roster have individual value. It's when you combine them together that you get horrendous consequences.

Right?

Wouldn't some teams like to add Eddy Curry? or Jamal Crawford off the bench? Or Zack's 20/10? Or Lee's rebounding? Or Balkman's hustle?

Its just together its a disaster.....
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:47 PM   #48
kentatm
NBA Legend

i would think about Stackhouse and Mo Ager or a combo of Hassel and a KVH sign and trade (Mavs still hold his bird rights) for Crawford.

thats about it
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:55 PM   #49
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

I'm just confused how Curry can play 39 minutes and finish with 6 points 3 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 blocks and 6 turnovers.

Not just to f*ck over my 100 dollar fantasy league, but what the hell is he doing out there for 39 minutes?
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:57 PM   #50
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

That's horrible.

Randolph is better then Curry and if the Knicks move one of them it's got to be E-City
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:54 AM   #51
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
I'm seriously at the point where I don't really care if we would get draft picks. We already have a bunch of young players that need more playing time as it is (Randolph, Nate, Collins, Lee, Morris). What the Knicks need is to draft a superstar by tanking and getting in the lottery and get lucky. I don't watch college basketball, but players like Eric Gordon, OJ Mayo, Beasley and etc are getting major hype.

Well first, just because -you- are at the point where you don't care what you get in return doesn't mean the Knicks are at that point. If you're not going to bother getting draft picks to put together a real team, then why blow it up? You might as well stand pat, lose miserably, let these bad contracts expire, generate good picks buy losing a lot and draft good players. Which, if you look at it, is exactly what Isiah is doing, except he's taking a lot of chances with trades in order to try and shake this team up and add something to them and failing miserably in the process. If this team makes -any- trade, it should involve draft picks, otherwise why bother?

You haven't seen enough of him yet to know it, but Randolph is -exactly- the same type of player as Marbury and Curry. Keeping him around doesn't solve a single problem. People tend to look at his stats and think "Ooh! A low post player who always seems to put up 20 and 10!", without worrying about -how- he's putting up those numbers. There was a piece on Reggie Theus recently, and Kenny Smith said something to the effect of "he knew how to get his stats", that's -all- Randolph brings to the table. He's not going to bring you wins, he's not going to go with the team plan, he's going to go out there and get 20 and 10 no matter how much he ruins the offensive plan in order to do it.

Trading away the trouble players in order to get useless benchwarmers isn't going to help this team. They'd have to take on bad contracts in order to do it, and they have the lion's share of bad contracts in the league. The only reason you would trade away the talent they have is to get young players or draft picks in order to rebuild. You're -not- going to rebuild with players like Eric Snow and Donyell Marshall, you're just going to wait for their contracts to expire to help your salary situation. That's all well and good, but take a look at who we're talking about here: The Knicks don't -care- about their salary situation. They don't care about the luxury tax, they don't care about overpriced players, and they certainly don't care about salaries coming off of the cap, so expirers aren't going to do anything for this team at all. Expirers help teams that want cap space to sign free agents, New York has a -miserable- free agent history, but drafts really well. You don't want expirers, you want draft picks and you have to throw in expirers or bad contracts to make the salaries match for the trade.

This team has talent, they just can't seem to work together. They have to go through their growing pains and figure out what is going to bring them success, but that isn't Isiah's strong suit. This team needs a coach that has the authority to make the tough decisions, to come up with a system and hold people accountable for their actions, and that's just not what Isiah does. And they're never going to bring anyone in that they'll give that authority to.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:00 AM   #52
Make It Rain
Banned

I'll keep Lee and Balkman. That is all. The rest I'd trade them for girl scout cookies at this point.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:10 AM   #53
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

As a Knicks fan, the only players I really like and want to see on the team are:

Balkman
Lee
Nate

but all of them are expendable as none are stars.

Crawford gets a pass for saving the day so many times, but really doesn't make up for what he costs the team.

Morris & Chandler (and to lesser extent Collins) haven't shown squat.

Marbury is not a winner

Q-Rich is useless and maybe one of the worst starters in the L.

Randolph and Curry have the talent to be all-stars, but unfortunately they suck.

Jeffries has no talent and also sucks.

Jerome James has talent ...maybe? ... who knows? the dude hasn't been in-shape or on the court since that playoff run in Seattle.... or before it either.

F.Jones is not a bad vet for a good team, but he does nothing for a bad team.

M.Rose .. see F.Jones.

PROPOSAL:

TRADE 1 w/SAC

Curry
Jeffries
Collins

Artest
B.Miller

TRADE 2 w/NJ

Randolph
F.Jones
Chandler

VC
Boone
Gill

TRADE 3 w/IND

Lee
Balkman
Marbury
Crawford

Daniels
Tinsley
O'Neal

ROSTER

Tinsley / Robinson / Gill
Carter / Daniels
Artest / Richardson
O'Neal / M.Rose / Boone
Miller / Morris /James

Essentially, old Indy + Carter
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:07 AM   #54
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
As a Knicks fan, the only players I really like and want to see on the team are:

Balkman
Lee
Nate

but all of them are expendable as none are stars.

Crawford gets a pass for saving the day so many times, but really doesn't make up for what he costs the team.

Morris & Chandler (and to lesser extent Collins) haven't shown squat.

Marbury is not a winner

Q-Rich is useless and maybe one of the worst starters in the L.

Randolph and Curry have the talent to be all-stars, but unfortunately they suck.

Jeffries has no talent and also sucks.

Jerome James has talent ...maybe? ... who knows? the dude hasn't been in-shape or on the court since that playoff run in Seattle.... or before it either.

F.Jones is not a bad vet for a good team, but he does nothing for a bad team.

M.Rose .. see F.Jones.

PROPOSAL:

TRADE 1 w/SAC

Curry
Jeffries
Collins

Artest
B.Miller

TRADE 2 w/NJ

Randolph
F.Jones
Chandler

VC
Boone
Gill

TRADE 3 w/IND

Lee
Balkman
Marbury
Crawford

Daniels
Tinsley
O'Neal

ROSTER

Tinsley / Robinson / Gill
Carter / Daniels
Artest / Richardson
O'Neal / M.Rose / Boone
Miller / Morris /James

Essentially, old Indy + Carter

So you just recreated the 2002-2003 Pacers in NYC...
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:39 AM   #55
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
So you just recreated the 2002-2003 Pacers in NYC...

Yes, I already noted that. That team kicked ass.... they could also hire Rick Carlisle as a coach and coax Reggie out of retirement.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:30 PM   #56
Nygher
Banned

Portland could use Randolph back. I'd trade Miles and McRoberts for him...maybe Sergio too if they threw in Q. Rich or Nate
Nygher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:51 PM   #57
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
If the Celtics had David Lee and Renaldo Balkman, their chances to win a championship would soar.
Balkman would make almost no difference, James Posey is better than him and comes off the bench. Lee might help some, but Glenn Davis has done a fine job over the last few games.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:59 PM   #58
John Starks
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Lee might help some, but Glenn Davis has done a fine job over the last few games.

Le would help - -I don't know enough about Davis, but to the extent D.Howard is the largest concern for this team, Lee is built to defend (I say defend not stop) guys like Howard. I don't know the same about Davis.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:09 PM   #59
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Starks
Le would help - -I don't know enough about Davis, but to the extent D.Howard is the largest concern for this team, Lee is built to defend (I say defend not stop) guys like Howard. I don't know the same about Davis.

Glen Davis is the man! I've been getting to watch alot of Celtic games this year thanks to Dish Netowrk and he has been the biggest surprise for me. He is an offensive machine, despite his 6'7 height. He's a good compliment to the defense of Perkins at C. Glen Davis I dare say is already better than Eddie Curry, since he has similar offensive skills but he can also play D, rebound and puts in effort. If Glen Davis was a legitamte 7 footer he would be unstoppable.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: