Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-01-2006, 11:38 PM   #16
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney

Her is something that is interesting about the perception of the Australian team after losing the Ramsay Shield to New Zealand. Apparantly, the Aussies think they stink.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Men...198129019.html

This is the same Goorjian that hammered Phil Smyth for losing the series to the Tall Blacks 4yrs ago!
Man I hope the Kings tank this season!!
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:43 AM   #17
vagabond
Kids at the park dunk on me

I must say there is something pleasurable about australians *****ing amongst themselves. Truely beautiful!!

thanks for the cool likes Barney
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:46 AM   #18
barney
Can barely lace up my sneakers

The Tall Blacks almost came back and beat the Olympic Champions on their home floor. Tab has them playing hard. They should be able to win at least three games in pool play in Japan. Spain and Germany will be tough although I think they can beat Germany despite the greatness of Nowitzki.

Argentina cut Tall Blacks down to sizeBUENOS AIRES (FIBA World Championship) - Basketball juggernauts Argentina defeated New Zealand in a battle of sides warming up for the FIBA World Championship in Japan.Led by Luis Scola's 31 points and Andres Nocioni's 17, the South Americans won 85-72.The Tall Blacks trailed the 2004 Olympic champions 53-40 at half-time but did not allow the hosts to run away with it after the interval.New Zealand closed to within four points inside the last three minutes but Carlos Delfino hit a three-pointer to extend the Argentina lead before Manu Ginobili converted another three-ball to stretch it further.Argentina comfortably held on thereafter. Ginobili was impressed with New Zealand, who have taken their lumps on their tour of South America ahead of playing in Group B against Spain, Germany, Panama, Japan and Angola.He said: “New Zealand are a great team and have the ability to surprise - they did it to us - but we managed to correct our mistakes to secure the victory.“We have only been working together for nine days and we have much to improve. But we are playing well and this is very important for the team.” Craig Bradshaw scored 16 points for New Zealand and Kirk Penney had 13. Manu Ginobili also weighed in with 12 for Argentina.
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:56 PM   #19
vagabond
Kids at the park dunk on me

Thanks again Barney for the update
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:06 PM   #20
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

Tony Rampton gots to step up and play like he did for the Wooloongong Hawks at the start of last season. He was everywhere putting up double figure scoring with 15+ rebounds! Time for Pero to step up too! Otherwise I think we could sneak into the next round. Just gotta take care of business!

Also I've said it before but DAMN Argentina looks the goods!
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: