Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 07-29-2006, 05:26 PM   #16
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Exclamation

Raja thanks Kobe for quitting in Game 7.

Quitter.
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:09 PM   #17
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
I respect Kobe's abilities but I agree with most people here. Kobe was elbowing Raja nonstop and there was proof of it on SportsCenter. I admit that it was a cheap shot on Kobe but it was not one of the biggest cheap shots in NBA history. You just think that because it is your beloved Kobe. Kobe did let his team down in game 7 by not trying in the 2nd half. If anybody thinks that he was trying then they are stupid. He totally dogged it.

1. Raja flopped all series. He faked getting elbowed on most of the plays and there is proof on SportsCenter.

2. The Lakers had a stradegy that they followed all series and that was to get everyone involved. When everyone scores the energy level picks up and the defense goes up, that is the best way to stop the Suns. Kobe passed all series except in Game 6 when he tried to take over and scored 50 in a loss. In game 7 Kobe passed just like in the other games when they won, his team-mates didn't score. So stop blaming Kobe for everything. It wasn't just his fault that they lost. Kobe could have scored 40 in the second half and they still would have lost and you would all be saying that he should have passed. No matter what he does it is never good enough for the haters. If Kobe scores too much he is selfish, if Kobe doesn't score enough he is in the wrong. I am tired of it.
AIR SETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:48 PM   #18
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
How did Raja get all this fame? Cause of Kobe.
yeah cause of laying the smackdown on kobe and defending him better than most people......and just plain being a good solid player and leader on the floor...oh and that three pointer against the clips how could i forget that.....
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:43 PM   #19
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SETH
1. Raja flopped all series. He faked getting elbowed on most of the plays and there is proof on SportsCenter.

2. The Lakers had a stradegy that they followed all series and that was to get everyone involved. When everyone scores the energy level picks up and the defense goes up, that is the best way to stop the Suns. Kobe passed all series except in Game 6 when he tried to take over and scored 50 in a loss. In game 7 Kobe passed just like in the other games when they won, his team-mates didn't score. So stop blaming Kobe for everything. It wasn't just his fault that they lost. Kobe could have scored 40 in the second half and they still would have lost and you would all be saying that he should have passed. No matter what he does it is never good enough for the haters. If Kobe scores too much he is selfish, if Kobe doesn't score enough he is in the wrong. I am tired of it.

On some of the plays yeah I agree that Raja flooped but on some Kobe did get him good. I agree that even if Kobe scored more that LA would have lost. In a game 7 though your star player has to be a bit more selfish. I think he should have looked for his own shot a bit more while still getting his team mates involved. I never said that Kobe was the reason that they lost. We just have two different opinions on this and lets just leave it at that.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:58 PM   #20
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

Default good call the italian

kobes problem is he doesnt know when the right time to take over is, he can score at will but in that game 7 him scoring would have brought the game closer no matter what cuz no one else was scoring! and thats when he needs to be selfish....if kobe balanced his incredible scoring talent with the other mediocre players and then became "selfish" and scored when he needed to (i.e.the game being on the line, or a game 7) he would be much more amazing.......to be honest with everyone right now (suns and lakers fans) i am now goin to say i do not HATE kobe....i feel that if he played the way he can and should he would be even more amazing, and if he had a better attitude and wasnt so dang cocky.....i HATE the fact that he doesnt humble himself a bit and be the great player he really could be, dont get me wrong he is an amazing talent but i feel he could be even better is he didnt act this way, i despise him still tho because he'll probably never change, and im a die-hard suns fan so i gotta take raja's side just like you LA fans take kobes side....its once again a vicious cycle
Old 07-29-2006, 11:30 PM   #21
Kobe24
Banned

Can someone tell me how Raja is a good defender? Kobe scored 40 3 times out of 4 in the season. He scored the game winner on Raja in the playoffs and the tying shot on raja in the SAME game. Kobe has his way with Raja any day. Raja can't contain Kobe,only Bowen can. Raja flops constantly and if he wasn't on your team,you would say so. His 15 mins are over,his agent probably told him to pull off that ***** move. Funny how a guy goes out to piss off a player and get in his head while Kobe just brushes him off literally!! Raja was getting death threats,you know why? Cause his ego is bigger than the state of arizona now shut the **** up suns fans.

PS: My jaw hurts, I can hardly talk but i'm running my ***** mouth.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 11:47 PM   #22
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

im done talkin about kobe and raja, the suns are the better team and will continue to beat the lakers for years to come.........say something now
Old 07-29-2006, 11:50 PM   #23
wally_world
M0derator

Quote:
im done talkin about kobe and raja, the suns are the better team and will continue to beat the lakers for years to come.........say something now

like duh... stating the obvious... Kobe < Steve Blake
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 11:58 PM   #24
Kobe24
Banned

Years to come? What's the point of bragging to be better than a team when your team has done squat to prove that they belong in the NBA? They don't even have a championship banner.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:38 AM   #25
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Bottom line, Kobe does have his way with Raja, but at the same time, only Bowen makes him work harder than Raja to get his points, and not many get into Kobe's head as much as Raja. But c'mon, anyone who says that Raja's clothesline was one of the biggest cheap shots in NBA history is simply wrong. It was so blown out of proportion because it happened to Kobe. Big deal, whoopdeefreakindoo. It wasn't as bad as Kobe fans portray it to be. Was it wrong, of course, but I don't see it being worse than Kobe's elbow on Mike Miller.

I don't think anyone denies Kobe's talents. He probably is the best player in the league, but he isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread. His leadership abilities are questionable, he doesn't seem to know when to score, and when to pass, and a lot of times he is selfish.

I also have to laugh when I hear that Kobe was following a game plan. You have a team with a player of Kobe's caliber at the helm that are down only 11or 13 at halftime, and you realize minutes into the 3rd that your team isn't doing anything, your star needs to take the game over. Even if people feel that even if he took more shots in the second they would've lost, your star player needs to be the one who you go down with. Not Luke Walton, or Brian Cook. 11 points is not a huge lead, especially when you have Kobe Bryant on your team. Would MJ have bailed on his team in that situation? Hell no, he would've gone down swinging. This is what seperates MJ and Kobe. Jordan had a much higher basketball IQ. Kobe simply gave up. He hung out on the perimeter and gave the ball to Brian Cook to shoot 3's. I guarantee that wasn't the game plan. Don't kid yourselves. He didn't even try.

Quote:
Years to come? What's the point of bragging to be better than a team when your team has done squat to prove that they belong in the NBA? They don't even have a championship banner.

What's the point of living in the past? Does that make you feel better about having a mediocre team? This is my favorite response to people who don't like the Suns. It always seems that when a previously successful team is not so great anymore, their only defense is to tell everyone how many chips their team has won in the past.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:41 AM   #26
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24

oh yes...very mature reply...very valuable contribution.

raja was elbowed okay...?
Kobe was cheapshot okay...?
in the end...both are guilty...i just happen to not like the way kobe plays...i have nothing against the guy and his personal life means squat to me...but he could be a better basketball player....

i've said it many times....there's more to basketball than scoring...

i'll admit, he's the best scorer, but not even close to the best player...he's still got to learn stuff...admit it..

i loved the first few games where he played as well as steve he passed like crazy and they won still....i loved his game and if he were to play like that i'd be a #7 fan...but he doesn't.

so i have nothing against kobe, but i happen to take raja's side...because the cheap shots really were on him...and kwame brown did the same thing the game before so we can all see exactly why it's unfair that raja got suspended and that kobe got nothing....that's why i'm taking raja's side
nash4eva!gosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:40 AM   #27
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash4eva!gosuns
oh yes...very mature reply...very valuable contribution.

raja was elbowed okay...?
Kobe was cheapshot okay...?
in the end...both are guilty...i just happen to not like the way kobe plays...i have nothing against the guy and his personal life means squat to me...but he could be a better basketball player....

i've said it many times....there's more to basketball than scoring...

i'll admit, he's the best scorer, but not even close to the best player...he's still got to learn stuff...admit it..

i loved the first few games where he played as well as steve he passed like crazy and they won still....i loved his game and if he were to play like that i'd be a #7 fan...but he doesn't.

so i have nothing against kobe, but i happen to take raja's side...because the cheap shots really were on him...and kwame brown did the same thing the game before so we can all see exactly why it's unfair that raja got suspended and that kobe got nothing....that's why i'm taking raja's side

Kobe Bryant is the best player in the World right now. Kobe Bryant is also the best all-around player in the World right now. He does it all. What do you want him to work on? In what area of his game does he need all this improvement?

I would also like to know who you think is the best player in the World right now? I have a funny feeling you are going to say LeBron.

Last edited by AIR SETH : 07-30-2006 at 02:42 AM.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:06 AM   #28
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SETH
Kobe Bryant is the best player in the World right now. Kobe Bryant is also the best all-around player in the World right now. He does it all. What do you want him to work on? In what area of his game does he need all this improvement?

I would also like to know who you think is the best player in the World right now? I have a funny feeling you are going to say LeBron.

dude rab and nash4evagosuns both just said what i totally agree with and what should have silenced you by now but you just keep talking!!!!! kobe bryant is the most athletic and best scorer in the world and thats it!!!!! best all-around player????? i seriously laughed when i read that! where does he average on the assists list? where does he average on the steals list???? where does he average on field goal percentage??? where does he average on the blocks list??? how bout turnovers per game??? its not really possible to name the best all around player because of statistics and positions but if you wanna get all technical about it, then here are some of the "technical" best all around players-jason kidd- richard jefferson-boris diaw-lebron james-marion-dwayne wade-basically anyone who has more accuracy, averages almost a triple double, plays defense and takes less more shots than kobe....best all around player!!!! get outta here you moron, he could improve on all that.....please end this crap now YOURE WRONG
Old 07-30-2006, 03:51 AM   #29
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

It isn't just about stats. Overall ability plays a factor. If the Lakers needed Kobe to go out and get 12 assists a game, I am sure Kobe would get them. If the Lakers needed Kobe to score 40 a game, I am sure Kobe would get them. He has the ability to do everything on the Basketball court.

He is the most complete player in the game. Kobe can do it all. He can, you should be able to admit that. Kobe plays both ends of the floor very very well.

Kobe shoots great whether it be long, medium, or short range. He is the best scorer in the game today. He can pass good, look what he did against the Suns. He can rebound better than most guards, a career 5.1 per game and a per game high of 7 in 2002/2003. He can steal the ball well and can block shots. He scored 35 points per game and shot .450 from the field! He plays great defense. He has a very high Basketball IQ. Kobe has an amazing work ethic and is very mentally tough.

I don't see how he isn't the most complete player in the game today. You still haven't told me who you think is the best player today and like I said, I bet you are going to say LeBron.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:23 AM   #30
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATfan32
an admitted adulterer who DID blatantly elbow raja (which also makes him a liar, because they show kobe elbowing him on sportscenter more than once) thinks he is the shiz and then decides to give up in game 7 on his team when they most need him (he took one or two shots total in the second half), i think its hilarious when people declare him the MVP, a man who selfishly scores when there is some significant other talent on his team (Odom, Parker) and scored 81 against.....who was it oh yeah TORONTO! if Steve Nash decided to NOT pass first before he CHOOSES to score he could drop 70 or 80 once in a while if he REALLY wanted to (nash shoots a higher percentage from the field and free throw line).....and while i do admit raja gave kobe a cheapshot (and kobe deserved it) i dont necessarily agree with it, but i loved watching it....
personally i would like/respect/and even root for kobe if he decided to play team ball like he kinda did when he actually listened to the Zenmaster's gameplan and got others involved (Odom destroying us inside) and won those games

do u realize that you just said nash could score 80 pts???

anyways, screw what raja did, thats the past. just worry about the future cuz the lakers are comin...

Last edited by hotsizzle : 07-30-2006 at 04:26 AM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: