Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 12-10-2007, 03:27 PM   #1
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Resident Evil Games

Which one is your favorite and discuss?

currently, I'm playing that Wii Resident Evil titled Umbrella Chronicles. It's one of those arcade style rail gun shooters (the game moves on a preset path and you shoot along the way)

it sounds rather simple and not worth $49.99, but it has some depth with 22 levels and pretty cool gameplay. maybe if it were sellin gfor $29.99, I would give it my biggest thumbs up, but it is nonetheless a fun game. it in essence summarizes the events of Resident Evil 0, 1, 3, and creates a new scenario that describes Umbrella's downfall prior to the events of Resident Evil 4.

moreover, the side missions expound on Wesker's role in the background during the series.

anyway, my favorite from a gameplay point of view has to be 4. just awesome shoot everything in your path but also have something resembling puzzles.

from a mood/environment perspective, the remade Resident Evil 1 pretty much has the spookiest environment.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Resident Evil Games

I had Code Veronica for Dreamcast. Cool game, but I stopped after the first disc. Couldn't get passed the last boss on the disc and after 10 tries never played the game again. lol
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:16 PM   #3
WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith

Finally! some people who've actually played RE... and they ain't shabby posters either.

Well my personal favs are 2, 4, Code Veronica X, and Remake.

Best Characters are unfortunately, Leon in the fourth with his cheesy lines, but overall badazznocity, Jill Valentine, Wesker,

Despite me losing my fear of horror movies, the jump scenes do frighten me at times, just because I'm so into the game.

I like the concept of the T-virus, the corruption of the business, the search for immortality leading into dire consequences, so the storyline attracts me (plus i intend to major in biogenetics.)

VC fav part of RE4? Del Lago? Village? Fast-paced action. Tall Slasher Guys? Introduction of the Merchant?
Old 12-10-2007, 06:20 PM   #4
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Nintendo one was a classic. Even though I played it when I was really young and I had nightmares about zombies
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:01 PM   #5
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith
Finally! some people who've actually played RE... and they ain't shabby posters either.

Well my personal favs are 2, 4, Code Veronica X, and Remake.

Best Characters are unfortunately, Leon in the fourth with his cheesy lines, but overall badazznocity, Jill Valentine, Wesker,

Despite me losing my fear of horror movies, the jump scenes do frighten me at times, just because I'm so into the game.

I like the concept of the T-virus, the corruption of the business, the search for immortality leading into dire consequences, so the storyline attracts me (plus i intend to major in biogenetics.)

VC fav part of RE4? Del Lago? Village? Fast-paced action. Tall Slasher Guys? Introduction of the Merchant?

getting chased around by Dr. Salvador the chainsaw man, the first time playing it.

I remember trying running into the cabin, then I see the chainsaw man, and panic, but felt some slight ease when I found a shotgun...

then I kept pelting the chainsaw man with the shotgun... until I ran out of shells... then ran like hell before witnessing the prolonged execution scene with the struggling and the screaming as the chainsaw gets stuck in Leon's neck

but I suppose my favorite part later on would be the military complex fight when the helicopter provides cover.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:21 PM   #6
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Was debating between this and the Devil May Cry series. Not sure which I'll go for.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:10 PM   #7
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

Played RE 0, 1 and then 4.
I was actually looking into getting the Umbrella Chronicles too once I finished with SM Galaxy.

Anyway 4 was just one heck of a game. I repurchased it to play on the wii; originally bought it for the GC. I thought one of the coolest parts was when the dog comes back to help you out against El Gigante. Also loved the bonus level that unlocks after you finish the game with that chick. The helicopter providing cover was pretty cool too. the sniper section where you have to cover ashley, that was annoying.

Another cool part was the first time I pulled off a suplex in the castle. That was unexpected

I guess you guys can tell by my gushing over 4 that I didn't really care much for the others so much. They were a bit too slow paced for my taste.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:34 PM   #8
RomoSexual

My top Resident Evil games

1. Resident Evil 2
2. Resident Evil 4
3. Resident Evil 1 REMAKE
4.Resident Evil 1
5. Resident Evil ZERO
6. Reident Evil Code Veronica
7. RE 3

One of the best franchises ever.

I havent played Umbrella Chronicals yet.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: