Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-11-2007, 03:02 AM   #16
w00terz
FACT

w00terz is considered somewhat coolw00terz is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Spurs vs Celtics in finals who wins?????

Spurs in 6. Celtics may have the talent but I don't think Allen-Garnett-Pierce have the playoff experience together to really gel with one another during tough times.

Gregg Popovich > Doc Rivers. He knows how to lead a team to victory and does it better than any other coach.

Basically, Spurs have the experience and the coach to beat the Celtics. Celtics would put up a good fight though.
w00terz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:39 AM   #17
amfirst
Great college starter

amfirst has an OK reputation so far

Spurs would win. Parker the best pg in of the two. Bowen would contain Pierce. Duncan is better than Garnett. Ray and Ginobly would cancel each other. Plus, the spurs bench is better.
amfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:34 AM   #18
apriorist
High School Starter

apriorist has an OK reputation so far

Spurs in 6. They're too good.
apriorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:26 AM   #19
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

depth, playoff experience, defense, coaching, tougher opponents leading up to the finals...all in the spurs favor.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:38 AM   #20
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

Spurs with Duncan = Win in 6
Spurs without Duncan = Up in the air...Boston could take it!
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:16 AM   #21
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

simple:

game1 - manu will play them 1 on 5 and embarass them.
game2 - parker will play them 1 on 5 and embarass them.

and that'll be it. david stern will impose a mercy ruling and the spurs will be awarded three titles at once, one for manu, one for tony, and one of the rest of the team to share. the next two seasons will be called off while all the other teams scour the globe for anyone capable of matching up with the two greatest players in league history. duncan will be fired and stripped of his titles, mvps, and all his money when it becomes clear that the team hasn't needed him at all these past 10 years, and he'll wind up coaching a prison league as part of a plea bargain after he's caught stealing burgers in back of a McDonalds.

edit: oh, and i forgot, bill simmons will have 5 simultaneous heart attacks when the celtics lose and espn.com will have to shut down for lack of readers.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:24 AM   #22
j Fresh3
Banned

j Fresh3 has an OK reputation so far

That's how it's going to be. I don't see any team in the west beating the Spurs and no one in the East beating the Celtics... so the team with home court advantage takes it.

Folks you are about to see a clash of Titants.... it's going to be a fun and great series to watch

**** ratings!
j Fresh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:25 AM   #23
j Fresh3
Banned

j Fresh3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
simple:

game1 - manu will play them 1 on 5 and embarass them.
game2 - parker will play them 1 on 5 and embarass them.

and that'll be it. david stern will impose a mercy ruling and the spurs will be awarded three titles at once, one for manu, one for tony, and one of the rest of the team to share. the next two seasons will be called off while all the other teams scour the globe for anyone capable of matching up with the two greatest players in league history. duncan will be fired and stripped of his titles, mvps, and all his money when it becomes clear that the team hasn't needed him at all these past 10 years, and he'll wind up coaching a prison league as part of a plea bargain after he's caught stealing burgers in back of a McDonalds.

edit: oh, and i forgot, bill simmons will have 5 simultaneous heart attacks when the celtics lose and espn.com will have to shut down for lack of readers.

: ROFL!
j Fresh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:24 PM   #24
Spudjjay
Shining on em

Spudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by imwillzillla
True, but i'll still bite. If this were the finals right now i'd say the Spurs would sweep the Celtics since it seems like there's no one on the Celtics who are trully clutch.

And yes Ray Allen hit that 3 at the end to win that game against Toronto a little while back but what about against the Cavs when he missed 2 freethrows that would've ended the game? When it counts at this point I'd feel more comfortable with Ginobili or Parker with the ball since Garnett and Duncan in a 7 game series would probably even each other out.

Nice logic. You don't really live in Boston.

Sweep? So we wouldn't win 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmVSMHWF5W0

Last edited by Spudjjay : 12-11-2007 at 12:27 PM.
Spudjjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:45 PM   #25
CAYO
Serious playground baller

CAYO has an OK reputation so far

Spurs
CAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:46 PM   #26
gsw4life
I hit open layups

gsw4life has an OK reputation so far

Spurs in 6
gsw4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:48 PM   #27
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Spurs take this in 5.

Celtics don't have the experience to beat the Spurs in the Finals.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:51 PM   #28
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
Oh c'mon now, and miss years upon years of writing columns *****ing about the Celtics. There's no way that he'd pass that up, he's from Boston, they live for that kind of thing.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:52 PM   #29
imwillzillla
I airball my layups

imwillzillla has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudjjay
Nice logic. You don't really live in Boston.

Sweep? So we wouldn't win 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmVSMHWF5W0
You obviously are too blinded by Hyperbole like ESPN who are giving the rings to the Celtics already. Make no mistake about it the Celtics are talented enough to beat the Spurs, but AS OF THIS MOMENT IN TIME RIGHT NOW. The Celtics aren't playing on all cylinders good enough to beat a team who's won a couple of NBA titles already.

You can put up any fanboy Youtube video all you want. Alls I know is he, nor Allen nor KG was clutch against Cleveland or Orlando this year. And while I think they are better than both of those teams. They still have to get some more experience together before saying something retarded like they'd beat the Spurs. And sorry I am from Boston. Roxbury to be exact. You lose.
imwillzillla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:58 PM   #30
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Boston in 1.

Stern will end the series early and call it a tie-- further f*cking over the industry.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: