Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-11-2007, 07:46 AM   #1
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Exclamation Sick of the Knicks, sexual discrimination & fan harassment -- fire Dolan!

According to the New York Times over 16,000 CableVision subscribers left CableVision last month. If you are tired of the Knicks bad management, fan abuse and sexual harassment, etc., chanting "fire Isiah" won't help because owner James Dollan does not care or even have a clue of how to run a franchise. What you need to do is to boycott the Knicks and switch from CableVision and their exorbitant rates and lack of customer concern. Verizon Fios is a better deal with superior picture and service.

Send JD the only message that he will understand -- unless you want many more years of really bad Knicks!
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:53 AM   #2
niko
I Run NY.

Default Re: Sick of the Knicks, sexual discrimination & fan harassment -- fire Dolan!

Yeah, ok, that sends a very clear and direct message, changing cable. I don't have Cablevision so what should i do?

Fire Dolan isn't a fair thing to expect Knick fans to embrace because, lets face it. There is no way to accomplish it. NONE.

They need to fire Isiah though, NOW. Taunting fans is unacceptable. As a Knick fan, ive basically decided to follow other teams (Pistons and Warriors i am adopting) until he's gone and there is some clear direction. Its just too frustrating.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:43 AM   #3
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Default Re: Sick of the Knicks, sexual discrimination & fan harassment -- fire Dolan!

Fire Isiah Thomas.

Why is he even still here?
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:59 AM   #4
Seņor Cedric
why live??

New York have the most money to spend of any NBA franchise, and the best basketball mind they can land is Isiah Thomas?

WTF?

They need to decide what they want to do with the team, either try and contend (haha) or rebuild. Then you go out and hire someone (with a brain) that fits that philosophy.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:02 AM   #5
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

The bottom line is, they are making tons of money, people are buying merchandise, and going to The Garden. Doesn't matter if the fans boo while they are there. The important thing to ownership is that they are THERE. Owners don't have the same emotional investment that we do (with the expection of a few). If they are making money at the end of the day, then that's all that matters to them.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:03 AM   #6
j Fresh3
Banned

Look this is how it works...

you have Mark Cuban... a passionate NBA fan who wants the best for his team and fans.

then you have James Dolan... a retard at birth who loves Isaiah Thomas to death that the Knicks could lose every single game, have no fans and the retard of a coach will still be in New York. I think there's a plot behind this, maybe they really want the Knicks to suck this bad.

Please somebody just hurt them really badly.
j Fresh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:06 AM   #7
j Fresh3
Banned

as long as we have this team... at least rock this logo right here...

j Fresh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:07 AM   #8
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Personally, I'd keep Balkman, Lee, Randolph, Curry and Chanlder. I would blow up the roster from there. I still think Curry and Randolph can work out and they have showed some signs of it this year.

If they didn't have selfish players on the team, they'd be straight. The offense needs to go from Randolph and Curry and whatever happens after that happens.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:21 PM   #9
John Starks
National High School Star

There is no reason to fire Isiah -- there I said it.

IT is actually perfect for the team right now.

The knicks need to lose and rebuild. You could bring in John Wooden, Red Auerbach, and Red holtzman and this team would lose. So here's how it works, IT has not been runnign the front office since he's been the coach anyway...just not enough time for both. whoever had the reigns should start making some rebuilding moves. Trading for expirers, trading players for picks. There are no big moves available now anyway...not trading Z to Minn for their no.1.

Meanwhile, IT is the perfect scapegoat. we hate him anyway, his legacy is ruined. Let him take the heat for the season's losses.

Then, this summer, hire a GM who will gut and draft. As long as It is cool with being hated and losing, let him do so.

In two years, when the gutting is done and we are ready to start to win, fire IT and we hire the next guy to build and win.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:31 PM   #10
Smokee
Banned

sexual descrimination lawsuits are the biggest joke in today's world if you can take a step back and really look at how much money these *****es get.

I'm not in the least bit offended by 'corporate' sexual descrimination, considering its always some of the most minor **** where theyre awarded millions.

I mean blackmail'ing for sex or being fired from their job is one thing, but being called a '*****', 'ho', '****', etc. doesnt deserve millions of dollars in punitive damages...lol yeh they are emotionally and pyschology scarred for the rest of theyre lives

its such a joke. other than that i agree dolan should be fired before Isaiah.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:22 PM   #11
paguy1955
High School Starter

Does anybody believe that PAPA DOLAN will ever fire SON DOLAN
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:26 PM   #12
worldbefree
NYK's comeback 08-09

john starks, your comments disgust me.

dolan will never fire isiah b/c they are romantically linked and we (the fans) need to make isiah resign completely (in any way possible).
worldbefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:31 PM   #13
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

I think Thomas is starting to make people forget that he was once a great player. He should step down and back away.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:49 PM   #14
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko

Knicks management and ownership must be slowly getting the message. Consider a few headlines in the news last few days: (paraphrased)

- NBA TV viewership way up, all markets except Knicks

- NBA team values increase, except knicks

- Knicks future voted worst by fans

- NY media reacting to Knick anti-media stance by providing less coverage

etc.

Dolan and that corporate outfit might have thought they were taking an advanced stand on how to operate a highly scrutinized team, but they were wrong. Shrinking and turning off one of the most lucrative fanbases in all of sports hurts in the pocketbook. Its embrassing. Dolan's peers must laugh at him. No one, not even the most vanilla anti-basketball corporates will respect Dolan for unhinging the cash cow. Whatever one might have thought of Isiah as a coach, or Isiah as a GM, or Isiah as a lawsuit magnet, the fact is, it has hurt the team's valuation.

The people at the top of that organization are embarrassed. How could they not be annoyed looking as foolish as they do. The organization's very foundations are proving to be completely flawed: communication, talent evaluation, coaching, perhaps even scouting all blatantly out of sync.

I have little doubt a lot of people are working feverishly trying set up something big, trying to save their jobs and their reputations.

(Am trying to think of the name for the military manoeuvre which best describes the situation. Sure some of you west point grads would know)

You know: Like when you leave a few expendable pieces at the front line to slow the enemy advance, and with everyone else worth saving do a full retreat under the cover of darkness. Not to your fall back position, but WAY back behind your lines, in order to buy enough time to build a new line of defense...

That the Knicks today. Expect to see a few public expendables. Just my 2c.
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:56 PM   #15
Smokee
Banned

for the record that ***** got 11.5 mill for Isaiah calling her a *****

sexual descrimination lawsuits are such a f'in joke.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: