Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-11-2007, 07:47 AM   #1
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people
Default Should the Sixers trade Dalembert for expirers?

Should the Sixers trade Samuel Dalembert for expirers, so they can clear cap space for next summer's free agent pool?

If they want to, they can send him to the Hawks for Lorenzen Wright, Anthony Johnson, Solomon Jones.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:02 AM   #2
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Should the Sixers trade Dalembert for expirers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
Should the Sixers trade Samuel Dalembert for expirers, so they can clear cap space for next summer's free agent pool?

If they want to, they can send him to the Hawks for Lorenzen Wright, Anthony Johnson, Solomon Jones.
No because for all his faults Dalembert is actually one of the better "bigs" in the A. Plus the whole concept of "clearing cap space" is over-rated cause it NEVER lands lands you a franchise player player only some marginal talents that you likely overpaid to get.

And before you think you've impressed me by saying Shaquille O'Neal or Steve Nash know that two exceptions don't change the rule.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:18 AM   #3
Señor Cedric
why live??

Señor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan

Does the author have an agenda? [geeWiz15]I think not[/geeWiz15]
Señor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:39 AM   #4
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Sixers better not do that deal
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:20 AM   #5
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

As much as Dalembert irks me... We cant just give him away without getting something better in the front court

no
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:42 AM   #6
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach

bjtrdff has decent reputationbjtrdff has decent reputation

No.

Shockingly enough considering the ineptitude of Billy King, the 76er are actually not looking too awful for the future.

Dalembert is a very good centre, and brings the kind of defense and rebounding that teams need there. He doesn't need to be the focal point of any offense, or get a certain number of touches.

What they 76ers should do is trade Andre Miller for an expiring contract and a pick or asset. That would give them only 30 million in salary for next season. They can make a play for a high profile free agent (or wait a year and do it) to get their superstar, extend Iggy (hopefully for a reasonable amount) for their sf and #2 guy of the future, and use their high pick this year to get one of the point guards in the draft.

That keeps them set at PG/SF/C, with Williams, Korver, Carney, Young and Green as the other pieces they can plug into the lineup.
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:01 AM   #7
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far

They should have traded him years ago when the Suns offered Joe Johnson for him at the deadline before they were both going to be free agents. I don't know if I'd do expiring deals, but I'd think about it. Dalembert just doesn't offer anything consistently. He is not one of the better bigs or very good. He is a guy that will show up every 4 or 5 games, and even then still has one of the lowest basketball IQ's I've ever seen. Has no idea what to do on rotations, has done nothing to improve his man to man D like bulking up so that he's not consistently outmuscled in the post allowing his man to get position consistently. He'll still leave position to go for a block which often leads to wide open opportunities or his famous goaltends. His inability to box out allows way too many offensive rebounds, he's more concerned with learing a fadeaway jumper than developing his footwork down low and after how many years in the league he still can't set a pick. Oh and he's due to be making something around 12-14 million. And by the way, I don't think the Sixers could even get expiring deals for him, it was rumored they let it be known this offseason that he'd be available and got zero calls. Of all BK's mistakes this is the one that burns me the most.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:20 AM   #8
usdmef9
Celtics-Bears-Dodgers

usdmef9 has an OK reputation so far

It's not like the sixers are in this situation alone, Many ok centers get better contracts than they are deserving of simply because of there position on the court and there rarity. (Ben Wallace, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Rasho Nesterovic) I am a big fan of what Dalembert brings to the table, I am not a big fan of his contract but if I were in his shoes I certainly wouldnt decline the deal. On another note I always had a special place for Lorenzen Wright, he's just a great guy and a he doesn't hurt a team. I would love to see the hawks give him more playing time and opurtunities before just trading him away.
usdmef9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:10 AM   #9
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

If that's the case I would like to see the Raps go after him. He is exactly the type of player the Raps need in the C position. Good Rebounder and top shot blocking capabilities.... If it was for Expirers I'd Give Rasho and Joey Graham and possibly a second rounder for Dalembert. I don't know if Philly would accept..but it gives cap room this year and you get a decent young wing in Graham for another year at a cheap price. Also Room for Jason Smith to develop at Centre with a decent backup in Rasho.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:11 AM   #10
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

They should trade Dalembert for Air Bud!
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:16 AM   #11
LilJonIsSoCrunk
banned camp

LilJonIsSoCrunk has an OK reputation so far

No one would trade expirers for Dalembert. If it were that easy teams would just trade every terrible contract for expirers.
LilJonIsSoCrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:48 AM   #12
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...8~28&te=&cash=

sixers get 3 expirers, about 10 million saving at the end of the year

the raps could re sign luke jackson with the spare roster spot
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:42 PM   #13
CAYO
Serious playground baller

CAYO has an OK reputation so far

No Dalembert Is A Good Rebounder And Shot Blocker
CAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:57 PM   #14
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthomasb
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...8~28&te=&cash=

sixers get 3 expirers, about 10 million saving at the end of the year

the raps could re sign luke jackson with the spare roster spot

Why would the Raptors want to take on Dalembert's contract unless they have totally given up on Bargnani? Rodney Carney is total ass too so him being thrown in means nothing.

The Raptors need good smart defensive players and not wild ones that just try to block every shot possible. Maybe if he was the missing piece for a Raptors title run then yea but Dalembert isn't close to being that one player for the Raptors.

I also think Philly could get a bit better talent than what the Raptors would offer. At least get a mid-1st round pick or something with the expirers.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:11 PM   #15
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i wouldn't. he's a pretty good defensive player on a team full of so-so players. i remember a couple of season back when they were talking about him all the time. what happened?
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: