Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-11-2007, 08:23 PM   #16
aahhsin
Banned

aahhsin has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Article-- Barkley Iverson feud still going strong 10 yrs later

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
For Iverson to say anything about a superior player like Chuck is flat out disrespectful. Chuck can laugh at Iverson's career 42 FG%.

i think AI can laugh at chuck's bank account.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:28 PM   #17
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
i think AI can laugh at chuck's bank account.

Who cares? Chuck was a superior player. It took Iverson 10 years until he played team basketball. Chuck was always a team player.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:02 PM   #18
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
this reminds me of last year when gs played dallas.. chuck didnt shut up the whole time about how dallas was going to wake up and "pound them little midgets" in the paint.. we all know the rest.

hey chuck, can you insult stromile swift for me? thanks.
Yeah I remember that sh*t.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:22 PM   #19
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I didnt like how he said "Iverson passes when every avenue for scoring has been closed."

For the most part it's true.

A guy like Jason Kidd brings the ball down with the idea "ok, who's cutting to the basket, who can i hit for an open look"

whereas Iverson brings the ball down and dribbles for half the shot clock trying to find a way to get his own shot off, then finally if theres absolutely nothing there he passes it off. Sometimes it does happen to work and he'll draw a defender then find somebody else, but if he came down looking to initiate ball movement, then move without the ball to get an open look, he'd be much more efficient.

He's a guy that teammates hate to play with. A lot of Philly players hinted at it after he left, and I'm willing to bet some of the Nuggets are starting to find him tedious. It's hard to play with the intensity and chemistry it takes to beat fundemental machines like the Spurs and Pistons and Jazz when you've got players who are getting sick of a guy ballhogging it. It's just not formula conducive to consistency. That's why I never have and likely never will consider Iverson a winner.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:27 PM   #20
kps
Decent playground baller

kps has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make It Rain
Iverson's easier to hate on because of his immature persona.

kps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:32 PM   #21
kps
Decent playground baller

kps has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by starface

He's a guy that teammates hate to play with. A lot of Philly players hinted at it after he left, and I'm willing to bet some of the Nuggets are starting to find him tedious. It's hard to play with the intensity and chemistry it takes to beat fundemental machines like the Spurs and Pistons and Jazz when you've got players who are getting sick of a guy ballhogging it. It's just not formula conducive to consistency. That's why I never have and likely never will consider Iverson a winner.

ESPN magazine this month:

"When Iguodala learns about Iverson's praise, he lights up. "He was like a big brother to me. He always made sure I was taken care of." he says, before pausing, "I really didn't want to see him go."

Doesnt sound like hate to me. Stop listening to the haters in the media. They dont like AI cos he wont play their BS or do foolish commericals like Sir Up Chuck.
kps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:40 PM   #22
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by starface

A guy like Jason Kidd brings the ball down with the idea "ok, who's cutting to the basket, who can i hit for an open look"

whereas Iverson brings the ball down and dribbles for half the shot clock trying to find a way to get his own shot off, then finally if theres absolutely nothing there he passes it off. Sometimes it does happen to work and he'll draw a defender then find somebody else, but if he came down looking to initiate ball movement, then move without the ball to get an open look, he'd be much more efficient.

im lost. what teammates hate Iverson? Stackhouse from 1996? Most of them say that they were weary of playing with him at first but ended up loving it (McKie, Mutombo, Webber, KVH, DColeman, Snow, etc).

how come Nene, Steve Blake, and Linas Kleiza all personally attributed their career high averages to Iverson coming to town? He's been "pass first" since coming to Denver. i think this fella above considers everything TNT says as the gospel.

and what exactly is wrong with getting the defense to totally collapse so you can get guys a wide open shot? pay attention to when he drives. half the time he's not even considering the shot at all. watch that next time. he knows that he's automatically going to draw a triple team in the paint. conventional? no. but it gotten guys like Kleiza and Korver huge open shots.

Iverson is definitely far from the perfect player, but he's got a reputation as a beloved teammate from almost everyone.

keep dissing him Charles!! Iverson owns you everytime

Last edited by AI Nuggets3 : 12-11-2007 at 09:42 PM.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:11 PM   #23
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You people talk about Iverson being selfish as if he has been as a Nugget. Say he WAS, not is. He's farrrrrrrr from selfish as a Nugget.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:20 PM   #24
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Its somethings that I agree with Barkley about but most of the time he needs to put a donut in it. I remember one time during a Denver Nugget game on TNT at halftime Charles Barkley called Andre Miller a shooting guard and that he wasn't a true PG. What kind of **** was that. Where was Barkley at when Andre Miller was playing with the Clippers and he led the league in assist in 2001-2002. Charles Barkley is one of the greatest players of all time but he really needs to think before he talks cause majority of the time he says some off the wall ****.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:28 PM   #25
TheOne
I hit open layups

TheOne has an OK reputation so far

who cares about what the donkeyasskisser says?
TheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:47 AM   #26
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Hating on Iverson never gets old for some people.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:13 AM   #27
w00terz
FACT

w00terz is considered somewhat coolw00terz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
Too bad Iverson was a low percentage selfish chucker for the majority of his career in Philly.

Way to downplay his greatness. Because the number 3 leading scorer in the history of the game, and arguably the greatest scorer at just under 6FT tall to ever play the game is "low percentage selfish chucker for the majority of his career." I wish more people could be "selfish low percentage chuckers" like Iverson. Seriously, you're a moron.
w00terz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:15 AM   #28
w00terz
FACT

w00terz is considered somewhat coolw00terz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make It Rain
Anyone that disagrees with this is an idiot. Iverson's a chucker. Nothing more. He got to the Finals when the East was at its most embarrassingly weakest.

No, you're an idiot. Granted the East wasn't as mighty that year, who single-handedly dragged the 76ers to the Finals.
w00terz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:15 AM   #29
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00terz
Way to downplay his greatness. Because the number 3 leading scorer in the history of the game, and arguably the greatest scorer at just under 6FT tall to ever play the game is "low percentage selfish chucker for the majority of his career." I wish more people could be "selfish low percentage chuckers" like Iverson. Seriously, you're a moron.
Why do all these people always give AI the great 6FT scorer. Fine, Earl Boykins is the greatest 5'5 player in the history of basketball.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:16 AM   #30
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00terz
No, you're an idiot. Granted the East wasn't as mighty that year, who single-handedly dragged the 76ers to the Finals.
Refer to VC's post. That team was a defensive juggernaut. COY, DPOY, 6th man. All on the same team. Yeah, Iverson dragged them. Imbecile.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: