Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-12-2007, 03:20 AM   #31
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Article-- Barkley Iverson feud still going strong 10 yrs later

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
this reminds me of last year when gs played dallas.. chuck didnt shut up the whole time about how dallas was going to wake up and "pound them little midgets" in the paint.. we all know the rest.

hey chuck, can you insult stromile swift for me? thanks.

Motivation didnt help Stromile Stiff's game so why do you think insults will
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:39 AM   #32
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardBullsFan
Motivation didnt help Stromile Stiff's game so why do you think insults will

dammit dude dont burst my bubble i'm running out of ideas.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:48 AM   #33
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make It Rain
Anyone that disagrees with this is an idiot. Iverson's a chucker. Nothing more. He got to the Finals when the East was at its most embarrassingly weakest.

NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:49 AM   #34
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
Not to mention he played with the DPOY, 2 great rebounders, many great defenders, the coach of the year and the 6th man of the year.

are you trying to take away what AI did with philly that year? as if he just road the coattails of those players? those players are the ones that got to goto the finals because of iverson.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:52 AM   #35
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
Its somethings that I agree with Barkley about but most of the time he needs to put a donut in it. I remember one time during a Denver Nugget game on TNT at halftime Charles Barkley called Andre Miller a shooting guard and that he wasn't a true PG. What kind of **** was that. Where was Barkley at when Andre Miller was playing with the Clippers and he led the league in assist in 2001-2002. Charles Barkley is one of the greatest players of all time but he really needs to think before he talks cause majority of the time he says some off the wall ****.

so true and knowing about this feud makes me realize just how full of **** he is when he talks about AI and the nuggets.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:53 AM   #36
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Refer to VC's post. That team was a defensive juggernaut. COY, DPOY, 6th man. All on the same team. Yeah, Iverson dragged them. Imbecile.

are you implying iverson wasnt the biggest and most important piece of that team? are you saying he didnt lead them to the finals or they would have come close without him?
Old 12-12-2007, 05:55 AM   #37
w00terz
FACT

w00terz is considered somewhat coolw00terz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Refer to VC's post. That team was a defensive juggernaut. COY, DPOY, 6th man. All on the same team. Yeah, Iverson dragged them. Imbecile.

No, I will not refer to VC's post, I think he's just mad that Iverson and his "almighty defensive juggernaut of a team" beat the Raptors in 2001 to eventually make it to the NBA Finals crushing any chances that he would ever get a chance at the finals. Maybe that or he is just mad Vince Carter is a little girl.

Trying to take away even a minute piece of credit from arguably Allen Iverson's best season where he lead the 76ers to 56-26, averaged a career high of 31 points a game, won the NBA steals title, won another scoring title, won all-star MVP award, and was named the MVP of the year award shows how much of a f*cking imbecile you are.

I seriously cannot stand when morons like you who don't like a player try to shoot them down and discredit them. AI did drag the 76ers to the finals and you are still a *****.
w00terz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:55 AM   #38
w00terz
FACT

w00terz is considered somewhat coolw00terz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugzFan
are you implying iverson wasnt the biggest and most important piece of that team? are you saying he didnt lead them to the finals or they would have come close without him?

Forget about it, you're talking to a complete jackass Iverson hater.
w00terz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:09 AM   #39
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
He's a guy that teammates hate to play with. A lot of Philly players hinted at it after he left, and I'm willing to bet some of the Nuggets are starting to find him tedious. It's

^BS

Stop it...

AI was the most popular guy in the locker room....

The only people trying to make AI look bad after he left was the organization & the media...they have to in order to sell the new direction the team is going in....

They always drop comment like "Oh, what breath of fresh air Miller is... A real point guard" they talk about things that dont happen anymore....

But watch when Denver comes to the Wachovia Center, they'll flip flop and try selling that game on the strength of Iverson coming back...

At least we got a new GM
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:10 AM   #40
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

I can't stand when morons who don't see anything wrong with a player shooting 42%, averaging 25.5 FGA and holding on to the ball for an amazing amount of time but still getting only 4.6 apg. You are so dumb you just look at the 31.1 ppg and jack off to it without taking into account that most of the best scorers in the league could have averaged that much or more with that many shots. Iverson didn't have to be a great offensive player to get to the finals that year. He was on one of the top defensive and rebounding teams and he had a great coach. Idiots like you seem to think 31.1 ppg is great no matter what....but it's not.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:21 AM   #41
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Oh and Barkley's attitude is dissapointing here... I dont think him and AI are fueding... Ive seen them be cordial and dead all the nasty talk about each other for years...

I guess its just [jimmy]Charles being Charles[/lynam]....

Barkley is always gonna shoot his mouth off without thinking... Thats what makes him popular

if he thought about he would realize he could have been a great influence on Ai, being as though he went through what Iverson did before AI got here...

People didnt like AI's attitude when he came in the league... I personally loved it (not the un-coachable part) but I liked how he didnt wanna be Mike Jordan... He looked to 'try his moves out on the best player in the world' ... I liked that no fear attitude... The established stars of the NBA didnt like it though... Jordan was mad, Barkley was shooting off his mouth as usual, and Rodman of all people had the nerve to open his mouth about someone else's attitude .....

But it seemed as other great players got a chance to get to know Iverson, they warmed up a bit to him....

Barkley and AI have gotten along decent for the most part, but there was the blow up early on (Barkley said something about me myself and Iverson & AI ripped him a new one for saying he hated white people while having a white wife...Oh and spittin on a little girl)

I guess Barkley wants an encore
Old 12-12-2007, 09:23 AM   #42
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
I can't stand when morons who don't see anything wrong with a player shooting 42%, averaging 25.5 FGA and holding on to the ball for an amazing amount of time but still getting only 4.6 apg. You are so dumb you just look at the 31.1 ppg and jack off to it without taking into account that most of the best scorers in the league could have averaged that much or more with that many shots. Iverson didn't have to be a great offensive player to get to the finals that year. He was on one of the top defensive and rebounding teams and he had a great coach. Idiots like you seem to think 31.1 ppg is great no matter what....but it's not.

Shut up

he carried the team to the finals in 01 and you cant minimize that
Old 12-12-2007, 12:14 PM   #43
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Shut up

he carried the team to the finals in 01 and you cant minimize that

Yes I can. He barely beat VC and the Raptors and they had a worse supporting cast. He could afford to be a terrible shooter because you had Mutombo averaging over 13 rpg and Tyrone Hill averaging 9 rpg even with Mutombo there to take rebounds away from him! That is an incredible rebounding duo. Not to mention the DPOY, a team of great defenders and a brilliant defensive coach to make it difficult to score against them. Iverson's run wasn't that impressive and it is a crime that he got the MVP over Shaq who had a flat out superior season.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:24 PM   #44
kps
Decent playground baller

kps has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Yes I can. He barely beat VC and the Raptors and they had a worse supporting cast. He could afford to be a terrible shooter because you had Mutombo averaging over 13 rpg and Tyrone Hill averaging 9 rpg even with Mutombo there to take rebounds away from him! That is an incredible rebounding duo. Not to mention the DPOY, a team of great defenders and a brilliant defensive coach to make it difficult to score against them. Iverson's run wasn't that impressive and it is a crime that he got the MVP over Shaq who had a flat out superior season.

your hatred has become a joke
kps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:42 PM   #45
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Take Iverson off that team, and they'd still make the playoffs, right? Oh, no, they would've won the finals without Iverson, is that it?

OK, you hate Iverson beyond any rationale. We get it now.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: