Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-11-2007, 07:05 PM   #1
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation
Default BYNUM/ HOWARD in 3 Years???

who will you guys take in 3 years from now???? BYNUM OR HOWARD

I am not even including Oden because he hasnt even played 1 nba game....I would like to see hime in a nba game before saying anything.....

I pick Bynum....who you guys pick???
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:07 PM   #2
The Answer
National High School Star

The Answer has decent reputationThe Answer has decent reputation
Default Re: BYNUM/ HOWARD in 3 Years???

Dwight. And it isn't close. At all.
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:09 PM   #3
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Answer

why it isnt even close...we have a thread here which is comparing Odon with howard??? how can you compare to a guy who is 20-10 to a guy who hasnt even played a NBA game?
Old 12-11-2007, 07:12 PM   #4
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

Because that thread was made on the day before the draft.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:12 PM   #5
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
Because that thread was made on the day before the draft.

oops my bad
Old 12-11-2007, 07:13 PM   #6
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

WHY! Please say something besides isn't close.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:15 PM   #7
The Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
why it isnt even close...we have a thread here which is comparing Odon with howard??? how can you compare to a guy who is 20-10 to a guy who hasnt even played a NBA game?

Check the date when that Oden thread was started. It was well before the draft and the start of this season. Dwight is a completely different player now. Last year he was a beast with lots of potential. Now, though, he's beginning to fulfill that potential. He's well on the road to becoming an all time great. Andrew Bynum, on the other hand, is talented, but still has a very long way to go. He may become an all star caliber center, but it is extraordinarily unlikely he catches and surpasses Howard. It would be utterly absurd to choose him over Dwight.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:21 PM   #8
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

I think Bynum and Howard will represent the league very well. Head to Head I think Howard has the edge because of time in the league. But the question was in 3 years. I would have to give the edge to Bynum because 7'1 compared to 6'11 will give Bynum the dominated range over Howard.

Will be nice see them both in 3 years.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:24 PM   #9
The Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
I would have to give the edge to Bynum because 7'1 compared to 6'11 will give Bynum the dominated range over Howard.

So I guess height is the only variable in determining how good a player is. Nothing else should be taken into account, right? I guess that's why Manute and Muresan were the two best players of all time.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:27 PM   #10
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

This is why people think we're crazy..
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:31 PM   #11
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

Quote:
So I guess height is the only variable in determining how good a player is. Nothing else should be taken into account, right? I guess that's why Manute and Muresan were the two best players of all time.

The question is 3 years from now not today that edge would go to Howard. But, to say "It would be utterly absurd to choose him over Dwight." is like being able to see into the future would you say. They will be great players for years to come.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:35 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I can see Dwight's numbers going up to 25/14.

I think Bynum's ceiling would come around 19/11.

Its not that it won't be close at all. I just say Dwight will have the better career and will have probably won more.

I see the two having lots of nationally televised head to head matchups.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:38 PM   #13
Eldrunko247
Good college starter

Eldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat cool

Dwight easily but I think Bynum will surprise a lot of people. He's improving significantly.
Eldrunko247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:45 PM   #14
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I can see Dwight's numbers going up to 25/14.

I think Bynum's ceiling would come around 19/11.

Its not that it won't be close at all. I just say Dwight will have the better career and will have probably won more.

I see the two having lots of nationally televised head to head matchups.

Lakerfreak I think in 3 years Bynum numbers will be equal to Howard but, as far as winning more games would go to Howard right now but, if Kobe stay around with our current team developing the way they are I would say Bynum would win a ring before Howard.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:47 PM   #15
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
This is why people think we're crazy..

You got that right. There are 2 reasons why I would take Howard over Bynum in 3 years. One, Howard is already proven and improving every year. Second, Howard beats Bynum in the athleticism department. The league is moving in the direction of the athletic/agile big man. Bynum is more of a lumbering yet deceivingly quick (due to his youth) big man. Couple this with the fact that Howard will still be very young and not even entering his prime years in 3 years......and that's why other people say, "and it isn't even close."
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: