Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-11-2007, 10:03 PM   #31
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: BYNUM/ HOWARD in 3 Years???

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Answer
If Bynum's so great, why doesn't he play more minutes? Are you implying that Phil Jackson, one of the greatest coaches of all time, is to dumb to play him significant minutes?

Dude, Jefferson is clearly twice the player Bynum is right now.

Read my response above... it answers your question.

I would not say that Jefferson is clearly twice the player Bynum is right now, even at Bynum's limited minutes.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:05 PM   #32
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

I believe Bynum is averaging about 11 ppg, 10 rpg, 1.5 apg and 2 bpg in like 25 mpg.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:07 PM   #33
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
I believe Bynum is averaging about 11 ppg, 10 rpg, 1.5 apg and 2 bpg in like 25 mpg.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/andrew_bynum/index.html?nav=page

Old 12-11-2007, 10:07 PM   #34
The Answer
National High School Star

The Answer has decent reputationThe Answer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Read my response above... it answers your question.

I would not say that Jefferson is clearly twice the player Bynum is right now, even at Bynum's limited minutes.

Okay, saying "clearly twice the player" may have been exaggerating a tad bit. That doesn't, however, change the fact that Jefferson has a significant edge. Most who've seen him play extensively would agree.
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:08 PM   #35
VCMVP1551

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

So to be exact 10.9 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 1.5 apg, 2.0 bpg in 26.1 mpg at just 20 years old.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:08 PM   #36
SoCalMike

Quote:
Okay, saying "clearly twice the player" may have been exaggerating a tad bit. That doesn't, however, change the fact that Jefferson has a significant edge. Most who've seen him play extensively would agree.

I would agree that he is a better player and likely more valuable to a team if you compare the two at this point...

Old 12-11-2007, 10:10 PM   #37
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
If Bynum's so great, why doesn't he play more minutes? Are you implying that Phil Jackson, one of the greatest coaches of all time, is to dumb to play him significant minutes?
Dude, Jefferson is clearly twice the player Bynum is right now.

Bynum isn't the world's greatest when it comes to stamina. His stamina is bad, if any non laker fans watched any of the 2nd half of the season, you would see that Bynum looked tired and wasn't playing at 100%stamina.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:11 PM   #38
VCMVP1551

Alright lets compare Bynum and Howard at the same age.

Howard 05'-06' 15.8 ppg, 12.5 rpg, 1.5 apg, 1.4 bpg, 36.8 mpg
Bynum 07'-08' 10.9 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 1.5 apg, 2.0 bpg, 26.1 mpg

Is it just me or is Bynum flat out superior compared to a 20 year old Dwight Howard in blocks and assists and every bit as good at scoring and rebounding. Bynum just gets less minutes than Howard at the same age.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:28 PM   #39
lawlerslaw100
Good High School Starter

lawlerslaw100 has decent reputationlawlerslaw100 has decent reputation
Exclamation Re: BYNUM/ HOWARD in 3 Years???

I will take Howard and I will also take the Kaveman over Bynum in
3 years too. It is great to a resurgence in the big man though.
I will give you this though, I will take Bynum over Shaq this year.
Shaq's time is up, his game his gone, and it is time for him to retire.
He has owned Kaman in the past but Kaman has arrived with his
outplaying of Shaq and Yao in matchups this season.
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:37 PM   #40
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
Alright lets compare Bynum and Howard at the same age.

Howard 05'-06' 15.8 ppg, 12.5 rpg, 1.5 apg, 1.4 bpg, 36.8 mpg
Bynum 07'-08' 10.9 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 1.5 apg, 2.0 bpg, 26.1 mpg

Is it just me or is Bynum flat out superior compared to a 20 year old Dwight Howard in blocks and assists and every bit as good at scoring and rebounding. Bynum just gets less minutes than Howard at the same age.

He has no stamina... So he couldn't play Dwight's minutes anyway.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:43 PM   #41
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawlerslaw100
I will take Howard and I will also take the Kaveman over Bynum in
3 years too. It is great to a resurgence in the big man though.
I will give you this though, I will take Bynum over Shaq this year.
Shaq's time is up, his game his gone, and it is time for him to retire.
He has owned Kaman in the past but Kaman has arrived with his
outplaying of Shaq and Yao in matchups this season.

Um, no... I'd not do that.. no way.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:49 AM   #42
pooh108159
Can barely lace up my sneakers

pooh108159 has an OK reputation so far

i don't know but bynum is going to a beast in 3 yrs for my lakers.also head to head this yr bynum held his own.

Dwight Howard, C 36min 6-11 0-0 5-8 0 8 8rebs 0 0 5blks 1 4 17pts

Andrew Bynum, C 28min 5-9 0-0 0-0 2 4 6rebs 1 0 7blks 2 3 10pts
pooh108159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:14 AM   #43
Force
National High School Star

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation

Anybody who thinks Bynum will be a better player than Howard is a fool... what a ridiculous question. Let's wait and see how long it takes for Bynum to be dangerous enough to demand double teams.

A better question would be Biedrins or Bynum....in that comparison I take Bynum,

BTW, Howard really needs to study videotape of good passing big men..Shaq mainly since he is so good at timing and passing out of doubles and with court vision...if Howard can become a good passer, he has a good chance to be a truly great big man by making his teammates much better

Last edited by Force : 12-12-2007 at 01:16 AM.
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:16 AM   #44
Penny37
Local High School Star

Penny37 is considered somewhat coolPenny37 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
your a retard....

Oh, the irony...
Penny37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:18 AM   #45
Penny37
Local High School Star

Penny37 is considered somewhat coolPenny37 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I can see Dwight's numbers going up to 25/14.

I think Bynum's ceiling would come around 19/11.

Its not that it won't be close at all. I just say Dwight will have the better career and will have probably won more.

I see the two having lots of nationally televised head to head matchups.

You DO know that's he's averaging 23/15 this season, right??
So I suppose in his best season he'll only average one point more point and one less rebound per game...

Penny37 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: