Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-12-2007, 02:42 AM   #46
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: BYNUM/ HOWARD in 3 Years???

I think its hard to tell. But I don't really believe that Bynum will be the consistent rebounding beast that Howard is. I think Howard is and was at Bynum's age more mature than Bynum.

However Druw has amazing size, is developing nicely in the post. I wouldn't say that Howard was much better if at all than Bynum at this age. But I don't know. But my prediction is Howard.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:52 AM   #47
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

which Howard? if it's Dwight, i'll take him... if it's Josh, i'll take him as well...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:58 AM   #48
amfirst
Great college starter

amfirst has an OK reputation so far

As far as winning in years to come. I would have to go w/ bynum, he is surrounded w/ talented young players.

Farmar
Crit
Ariza
Turioff
Bynum

You can trade Kobe and Odom and pick up a couple of young talent to add to the mix. I think this would be a championship in 4 years.

Bynum is pretty darn good for a Kid that just turn 20 and getting better. I don't think DW had that big effect in the NBA when he was 20.
amfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:19 PM   #49
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
He has no stamina... So he couldn't play Dwight's minutes anyway.

How do you know what he could play? I am saying when he is on the floor right now he is more effective than Dwight was at 20 years old. Bynum also doesn't have the benefit of being the first option on a bad team. If you compare Dwight right now at 22 to Bynum right now at 20 there are a few things Bynum actually does as good or better. He is already a superior passer to dwight and he is every bit as good at shot blocking. I will take Bynum in 5 years over Dwight in 5 years...don't know about 3 years though.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:24 PM   #50
shok
Decent playground baller

shok has an OK reputation so far

I'm not even gonna read the contents of this thread.

DWIGHT > Bynum any year.
shok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:42 PM   #51
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dwight has already put up some sick numbers 30/15+ a couple times. Those are exceedingly rare numbers. On an average basis, it will be somewhat lower, but still outstanding. Dwight still has room to improve, yet he is already a beast.

So I predict Dwight will have better numbers throughout his career.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:56 PM   #52
Penny37
Local High School Star

Penny37 is considered somewhat coolPenny37 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by amfirst
As far as winning in years to come. I would have to go w/ bynum, he is surrounded w/ talented young players.

Farmar
Crit
Ariza
Turioff
Bynum

You can trade Kobe and Odom and pick up a couple of young talent to add to the mix. I think this would be a championship in 4 years.

Bynum is pretty darn good for a Kid that just turn 20 and getting better. I don't think DW had that big effect in the NBA when he was 20.
There is no way in hell that team wins the title in 4 years. Especially without Kobe.
It's people like that you that make Laker fans look like idiots.
Penny37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:04 PM   #53
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
Alright lets compare Bynum and Howard at the same age.

Howard 05'-06' 15.8 ppg, 12.5 rpg, 1.5 apg, 1.4 bpg, 36.8 mpg
Bynum 07'-08' 10.9 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 1.5 apg, 2.0 bpg, 26.1 mpg

Is it just me or is Bynum flat out superior compared to a 20 year old Dwight Howard in blocks and assists and every bit as good at scoring and rebounding. Bynum just gets less minutes than Howard at the same age.

fact is, comparison isn't really as ridiculous as some make it out to be.

dwight howard is one of greatest athletic freaks to EVER play the game, which can't be taught.
but bynum has much better natural feel for the game, especially on the offensive, and also a nearly 7'2'' frame - which also can't be taught...now it's really up to him how will he use it. don't really know how much is his current weight, but at that height he might have about 300 lbs when he fully develops...which is more than formidable and would make him nearly unstoppable in the low post.

all being said, howard will surely become one of greatest, if not even greatest, rebounder ever, but i wouldn't be surprised to see bynum become better offensive player, since low post skills are becoming more and more rare, and bynum definitely has "that" rare natural feel for post scoring.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:08 PM   #54
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny37
There is no way in hell that team wins the title in 4 years. Especially without Kobe.
It's people like that you that make Laker fans look like idiots.

why would you assume he is a Laker fan?
I certainly agree that there is no way that team wins anything without some real superstar talent around them. They are almost all role players, not stars.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:13 PM   #55
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I can see Dwight's numbers going up to 25/14.

You're a genius!!!!!!!!!!

Dwight is at 23.1/15.2 now.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:14 PM   #56
Phenomenon
Ball Above All

Phenomenon has an OK reputation so far

People that think this isn't a contest in the long run need to learn basketball, Bynum has played this game for 5 years and has already made an impact on the biggest basketball stage of them all.

He has a softer touch and better footwork then Howard already, he needs to learn how to fight for position and how to move on defense more effeciently.

Name me a 20 year old besides LeBron James who had great awareness in the NBA? Bynum will be special, special, SPECIAL player for years to come...I'm thrilled he's a Laker.
Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: