Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-11-2007, 10:10 PM   #1
aahhsin
Banned

aahhsin has an OK reputation so far
Default Is Corey Brewer legit?

he seems to do good on the box score, but is it all show and no go?
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:12 PM   #2
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Is Corey Brewer legit?

it's actually more go than it is show lol

he's legit, FUTURE PIMP
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:12 PM   #3
Vendetta
Banned

Vendetta has an OK reputation so far

Said it then... I'll say it now... even as a lottery pick he was the steal of the draft.

I could end up totally wrong though. Time will tell.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:15 PM   #4
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

Well he is the shortest player in the NBA, either that or Mike Dunleavy's the tallest.

qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:18 PM   #5
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

reminds me of Doug Christie, who i always thought was a really underrated role player
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:20 PM   #6
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

lol that pics funny
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:22 PM   #7
steve

steve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by starface
reminds me of Doug Christie, who i always thought was a really underrated role player
That's pretty much how I see him, he's going to be a solid player that people tend to forget about from time to time, but his offense needs to become more consistent. Also after watching the Wizards game tonight, it never hit me how skinny he is.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:45 AM   #8
RIP CITY
DETROIT BASKETBALL

RIP CITY is a pretty well-respected posterRIP CITY is a pretty well-respected posterRIP CITY is a pretty well-respected posterRIP CITY is a pretty well-respected poster

I think he is going to be a really good player. I like his game especially on the defensive end. He can do things offensively, but will need to work hard on it to become a All-Star type player. I think he will end up being alot like Josh Howard.
RIP CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:52 AM   #9
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

I don't understand it. I don't...... understand it.

I just don't.

WHAT MAKES COREY BREWER A SPECIAL PLAYER?

I just cannot figure it out. lord help me I have tried. but he just seems so thorougly average in every sense of the word. tonight he "held" Caron Butler to "only" 20 points and hit a corner 3 and that's it... and his team got blown the F out. he averages 5/4 in 20 minutes- Andray Blatche averages 8/5/2 in that amount of time and nobody's even calling him a steal as a second rounder, yet Brewer is a steal of a lottery pick for 5/4 in 20 minutes? I look at Corey Brewer and I see a career roleplayer, but I don't even see a roleplayer as good as Shane Battier, because I don't see intangibles, leadership, a jumpshot, I don't see all-world help defense and charge-drawing. (he's shooting 30% from the field people. and 24% from 3.)

I don't even see what made him special in college. was he even the third most important Gator? he'll certainly be the third best pro and he might be better than Noah (although I wouldn't bet on it, Noah has shown absolutely nothing whereas Brewer has merely shown little) but was he even the third best Gator when they were Gators?

he certainly rebounds well, moves well, and has ridiculous length. but I can't find anything else appealing.

I like defense-and-threes swingmen. I do. but I'm not even sure Brewer will be that. he seems to be a little less specific to a definite role.

but I only watched him like 7 times in college. he could be Josh Howard for all I know. I just have seen nothing whatsoever to indicate it.

Last edited by geeWiz15 : 12-12-2007 at 12:54 AM.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:29 AM   #10
RIP CITY
DETROIT BASKETBALL

RIP CITY is a pretty well-respected posterRIP CITY is a pretty well-respected posterRIP CITY is a pretty well-respected posterRIP CITY is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
I don't understand it. I don't...... understand it.

I just don't.

WHAT MAKES COREY BREWER A SPECIAL PLAYER?

I just cannot figure it out. lord help me I have tried. but he just seems so thorougly average in every sense of the word. tonight he "held" Caron Butler to "only" 20 points and hit a corner 3 and that's it... and his team got blown the F out. he averages 5/4 in 20 minutes- Andray Blatche averages 8/5/2 in that amount of time and nobody's even calling him a steal as a second rounder, yet Brewer is a steal of a lottery pick for 5/4 in 20 minutes? I look at Corey Brewer and I see a career roleplayer, but I don't even see a roleplayer as good as Shane Battier, because I don't see intangibles, leadership, a jumpshot, I don't see all-world help defense and charge-drawing. (he's shooting 30% from the field people. and 24% from 3.)

I don't even see what made him special in college. was he even the third most important Gator? he'll certainly be the third best pro and he might be better than Noah (although I wouldn't bet on it, Noah has shown absolutely nothing whereas Brewer has merely shown little) but was he even the third best Gator when they were Gators?

he certainly rebounds well, moves well, and has ridiculous length. but I can't find anything else appealing.

I like defense-and-threes swingmen. I do. but I'm not even sure Brewer will be that. he seems to be a little less specific to a definite role.

but I only watched him like 7 times in college. he could be Josh Howard for all I know. I just have seen nothing whatsoever to indicate it.

I feel the same way.......about Joakim Noah. Noah never impressed me, and I definitely thought he was the least important Gator, at least last season anyway.

As for Brewer, I like his athleticism, I like his wing span, I like his basketball IQ, and definitely like his defensive footwork. For a Rookie he is definitely far ahead of where most Rookies usually are on the defensive end.

Now, as for this year, he's a Rookie. He is still learning, and adjusting to the NBA game. You compared him to Blatche, but Blatche is not a Rookie, actually this his 3rd year. Give Brewer time, by the end of the season his numbers will be better, he will be playing more, and he will be used to playing NBA ball.

He has shot the ball horribly so far, but he's not a bad shooter, definitely not 30% bad, that's for sure. That number will increase as the season goes on, and he feels his way into a solid role on the Wolves. He was a career 46% shooter at Florida, 34% from three, I think he will be closer to those numbers eventually in the pros.

I just like the kid's potential, and I think he will be a solid role player at least, and probably a very solid starter, borderline All-Star eventually.
RIP CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:54 AM   #11
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
Well he is the shortest player in the NBA, either that or Mike Dunleavy's the tallest.

rofl!!!

wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:28 AM   #12
Erathia
Local High School Star

Erathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this board

I see Corey Brewer as a younger Tayshaun Prince. Skinny, long armed, and defensive minded. Tayshaun hasn't made an All-Star appearance, but I think he has a good shot this year. Most people don't vote for All-Stars because of their defense though, they get voted for being popular and making highlight reels. Give Brewer 2-3 years to build up some strength and get accustom to the NBA and he will be where Tayshaun is now.
Erathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:21 AM   #13
FOYE4MVP
minnesota timberwolves

FOYE4MVP has an OK reputation so far

COREY BREWER = JOSH HOWARD

or better
FOYE4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:59 AM   #14
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He's similar to eddie jones and will have pretty much the same statistical career
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:10 AM   #15
FOYE4MVP
minnesota timberwolves

FOYE4MVP has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
He's similar to eddie jones and will have pretty much the same statistical career

no.

corey brewer is better than eddie jones.. eddie is just a so-so defender. while corey is a great defensive player. plus corey has long arms and runs the floor well unlike eddie.
FOYE4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: