Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-12-2007, 12:35 AM   #16
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Aldridge Fan has decent reputationAldridge Fan has decent reputation
Default Re: Blazers vs Jazz Thread - Portland Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkules
I'm a little bit surprised that the Jazz have now 4 losses in a row, but I'm sure they come back and win again. Great game from the Blazerseven without Aldridge.

Yeah. I was a little suprised myself since the Blazers were having a tough time on the road but it looks like they are getting their confidence away from Portland with two consistent road wins.
Aldridge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:41 AM   #17
32MJ32
PG, Boonville Jerkoffs

32MJ32 has decent reputation

Chyeah boy!

Word to sesame chicken. And the Portland Trailblazers.
32MJ32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:09 AM   #18
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

It's official... Although the Jazz have been in some close games.. they are slumping...

Bring back Fessinko, at least he's not afraid to be physical.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:12 AM   #19
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
Bring back Fessinko.
I agree. Jazz scrubs Hart (2nd string), Giricek (3rd), Harpring (2nd), Milsap (2nd), Collins (2nd), got to within 5! They showed some signs of team defense.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:28 AM   #20
Force
National High School Star

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation

I'm not surprised at all with how Portland has been performing.

The day Portland won the lottery, I posted here that they would be a contender by the end of the decade...even as early as the 08-09 season, but most likely at 09-10. I am even more confident in this now.

Brandon Roy imo, soon will be capable of putting up similar numbers to what D Wade did the first year he played with Shaq..something in the 24/5/5 range. He could be putting up much bigger numbers now if he were taking more than 14 shots a game, but he's getting a lot of help.

Aldridge isn't that great of a rebounder, but he has the ability to put up 20/10 several times in his career.

Webster is an athletic version of Glen Rice..do NOT leave him open, he will make you pay, he will have a good career in the NBA, he's no high school flop

Travis Outlaw is an awesome athlete and plays with a ton of confidence..it took him awhile, but he is finding his niche in the NBA game... I like him a lot, he really makes things happen...

Jarrett Jack-This kid will never make an all star team, but he's a solid player.. I like his defense and he never looks scared out there

Lots of other nice talent as well..Sergio, Blake..and who knows what will become of McRoberts...

Oden won't need to score much with this team...he just needs to be a defensive presence, hit the boards hard and pick up garbage points..

There are some really really good freshmen coming out of college this year. I could see at least one of them falling low enough in the draft that a team with the #10 pick or so might get it....if this team lucks out in the draft again, the Blazers will be mighty mighty scary
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:53 AM   #21
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Now the Jazz D sucks, it truly truly does.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:03 AM   #22
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Clipper type as in "a bunch of young guys everybody likes and sees a great future for." Clippers of the year 2000. Comprende, amigo?
while I know you're comparing it to the youth and likability and not the types of players involved, I still have to point out, almost as a moral obligation, that they have nothing else in common and in fact the Blazers might be the exact opposite of those Clippers in that they are flawlessly constructed as a team and all the players involved are smart and humble.

all the Clippers players were SFs and they were all morons.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:52 AM   #23
Nygher
Banned

Nygher has an OK reputation so far

Blazers = next generation Spurs

Unselfish team oriented players who don't get into trouble off the court with a great smart defensive minded coach.
Nygher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:13 AM   #24
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32MJ32
haha! Just checked and Jones was 1-of-3 in 20 minutes! You're lying to me, son!

This Portland team reminds me of the Brand/Odom/Q-Tip/Miles Clippers. They were everybody's second favourite for a while. Here's hoping it doesn't turn out like that one did.

I was wondering what the hell Aldridge fan was talking about. I saw James Jones miss a crucial jumper in the middle of a Jazz push to come back. I must admit though that Webster filled in where James Jones would have stroked 3's. So if you want to look at where Jones shot attempts went, check out Webster in the box score.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:14 AM   #25
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
while I know you're comparing it to the youth and likability and not the types of players involved, I still have to point out, almost as a moral obligation, that they have nothing else in common and in fact the Blazers might be the exact opposite of those Clippers in that they are flawlessly constructed as a team and all the players involved are smart and humble.

all the Clippers players were SFs and they were all morons.

I find it kind of ironic to be compared to the clippers back then seeing as how we are trying to dump Miles.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:49 PM   #26
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
I was wondering what the hell Aldridge fan was talking about. I saw James Jones miss a crucial jumper in the middle of a Jazz push to come back. I must admit though that Webster filled in where James Jones would have stroked 3's. So if you want to look at where Jones shot attempts went, check out Webster in the box score.

Yeah, I didn't see the whole game because I was busy cooking. I saw him take one good jump shot. I should have looked at the box score before posting. My bad.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:50 PM   #27
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Gosh, Portland is F'ing awesome. I can't wait to watch their future unfold.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:54 PM   #28
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Gosh, Portland is F'ing awesome. I can't wait to watch their future unfold.
Me too. I just started a Blazers vs Warriors thread. If you're watching, go ahead and join.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: