Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-12-2007, 03:24 AM   #1
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Arrow Horford gained a lot of respect from me tonight.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/sha...ds_a_clas.html

Quote:
Horford was one of several people affiliated with the Hawks to go directly to the hospital to check on Ford - Dominique Wilkins and Josh Smith’s father Pete Smith were there, too - and make sure he knew that what happened was purely accidental.

Horford, I’m told, waited quite a while for Ford to get done with tests just to make sure he got the chance to speak with him personally. And when told that Horford came to check on him and wanted to speak with him, Ford let it be known that he knew Horford’s lick wasn’t intentional and that he welcomed Horford to stop by and visit.

None of that will make it on the highlight shows. But it’s just an example of the class shown by all involved in what was a frightening sequence, particularly for a guy (in Ford) who has dealt with spine, neck and back issues in his past.

Of course reckless behaviour deserves punishment, but I care more about the true character of someone rather than their split second decision making.

If anything I've become a bigger fan of his than before the game.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:27 AM   #2
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Horford gained a lot of respect from me tonight.

Wow that is truly classy.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:30 AM   #3
Erathia
Local High School Star

Erathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this board

Yes, truly remarkable in today's sports. Big ups to Horford!

I became a bigger fan after reading about TJ Fords spine problems and how he still works hard to make it in the NBA. and this here made me a bigger fan of Horford. I think the league will go over the video and find that it was an accident and not done with malicious intent and Horford won't be suspended.

Last edited by Erathia : 12-12-2007 at 03:35 AM.
Erathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:31 AM   #4
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erathia
Yes, truly remarkable in today's sports. Big ups to Hortford!

I became a bigger fan after reading about TJ Fords spine problems and how he still works hard to make it in the NBA. and this here made me a bigger fan of Hortford. I think the league will go over the video and find that it was an accident and not done with malicious intent and Hortford won't be suspended.

Please don't type Hortford again. Please.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:33 AM   #5
Erathia
Local High School Star

Erathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Please don't type Hortford again. Please.
My bad...im extremely tired and don't have my glasses on.
Erathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:35 AM   #6
pro5
Banned

pro5 has an OK reputation so far

Horford will probably still get suspended a couple of games, even though it wasn't intentional. Respects for Horford going to visit ford in the hospital though.. shows it wasn't intentional, just accidental.
pro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:46 AM   #7
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

+ 2 rep points
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:56 AM   #8
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Anytime the Hawks desire Bargnani or Calderon or both... Horford is 100% welcome on the Raptors.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:14 AM   #9
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Anytime the Hawks desire Bargnani or Calderon or both... Horford is 100% welcome on the Raptors.
Good luck with that.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:22 AM   #10
FOYE4MVP
minnesota timberwolves

FOYE4MVP has an OK reputation so far

props to Mr. Horford
FOYE4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:23 AM   #11
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Al Horford
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:35 AM   #12
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Has the standard for NBA behavior been set this low?

What Horford did was what any human being with a shred of decency would do - go and check on the guy that he sent to the floor and make sure he's okay, especially a guy with a history like Ford's. I mean, yeah, it was a classy thing to do, but is the image of the NBA that bad that a guy who checks on another guy he potentially seriously, seriously hurt is an aberration?
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:36 AM   #13
pro5
Banned

pro5 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Has the standard for NBA behavior been set this low?

What Horford did was what any human being with a shred of decency would do - go and check on the guy that he sent to the floor and make sure he's okay, especially a guy with a history like Ford's. I mean, yeah, it was a classy thing to do, but is the image of the NBA that bad that a guy who checks on another guy he potentially seriously, seriously hurt is an aberration?

i can't picture someone like marbury doing that
pro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:56 AM   #14
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Really after I saw that play I hated Horford in that incident. It did look more intentional than not. I guess if Ford can forgive him I can. I really hope Ford is alright.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:59 AM   #15
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo

Are dumb **** Raptors fans admitting that Bargnani just isn't that good finally? Just the other day I realized Raptors fans are dumb ****s and there's like a million of them.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: